Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Tour 2012-13
Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: March 11, 2012 04:01

My prediction.

I hazard a guess that I am much older than the most on this site – 52. My first Stones concert was 1978 and I have made every tour since except Licks. This is about the only site where people would understand that I have had a lifetime obsessions with the Stones. My first job was singer for a R&R band that played Stones – 1973. I do play – but I am by no means an expert on playing.

I think the Rolling Stones will do some gigs this year for the 50th. I think the line-up with have three guitars, including Mick Taylor. I think we all agree that time waits for no one and it didn’t wait for Keith. I think his fingers are so arthritic that he is unable to play well enough to support the rhythm alone. But – Keith and Ronny together – they can more than cover it. Put Taylor juxtaposed to that and Flip the Switch. No one can speak for Keith but I think he loves playing with the Rolling Stones more than just letting the sun go down. I would love to see Bill on bass. These releases of old concerts and Some Girls have made me appreciate how much Bill brought to the RS sound.

So how do we do this? I am guessing the multi-night shows in big cities makes the most sense. That however does stink for me. My 13 year old daughter and I have promised each other if they play we will go – regardless of cost. I raised her on the RS – but I fear what that promise that is going to cost me in this scalper society. I waited in line forever and got 13th row for Voodoo Lounge at the Carrier Dome – back when the fans got the seats – not the rich dorks with their trophy wives.

So – any thoughts.

Re: The Tour 2012-13
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 11, 2012 05:33

Nope.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: March 11, 2012 05:41

Yeah, good luck to you and your daughter...

Date: March 13, 2012 05:25

Bob C.
I think we all agree that time waits for no one and it didn’t wait for Keith. I think his fingers are so arthritic that he is unable to play well enough to support the rhythm alone. But – Keith and Ronny together – they can more than cover it... I would love to see Bill on bass. These releases of old concerts and Some Girls have made me appreciate how much Bill brought to the RS sound.

So how do we do this?

They can't 'more than cover it' for a entire show. You left Blondie out to begin with...

Do "this" is exactly what though? More releases? Why...release them. That was easy.

Date: March 13, 2012 05:59

tease

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 13, 2012 07:44

Bob C.

So – any thoughts.

In anticpation of a tour maybe you should put your daughter in charge of following all things Stones online (things rated G)(things OK for kids)... twitter, facebook, forums.... etc etc... surely there will be contests if/when the tour happens together your karma can get you great seats for free....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home