Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Atlantic city 89 needs a remaster
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 23, 2012 16:21

Currently listening to it (TSP cd's) especially my best ever 'Stones and Friends' song (of course Boogie Chillen. Regrets : Jagger is not on that one).
You can pretend you know so well the show that you'd prefer another unreleased one to come out with the google thing. But this FM recording has a buzz and the instruments separation is not that clear.

So I am pretty sure you will be amazed by Bob's work again.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Re: Atlantic city 89 needs a remaster
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 23, 2012 16:29

It would be interesting if they really boosted the guitars. I like some of the boots, like the Japanese shows, and a boot of the London show, are great performances, but as most the shows during the '89 tour, the guitars were low and trebly. A remaster adding some punch to them would be welcomed.

Date: February 23, 2012 16:52

It would surprise me a lot if AC won't be one of the six new releases from the archive.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: February 23, 2012 16:56

ACĀ“89 will definately be one of the new releases, because it belongs to the "top 6" of the most known and common rs-bootlegs ... but hopefully not the nextwinking smiley

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 23, 2012 17:06

AC is fantastic.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 23, 2012 17:21

DandelionPowderman
It would surprise me a lot if AC won't be one of the six new releases from the archive.

then Miami'94 then Bremen'98 then etc and most of the opportunities offered by the opening of the vaults will be wasted...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 23, 2012 18:33

Yes, let's hope they release Atlantic City 1989 ! Congratulations on a great suggestion.
I wouldn't be downloading even if they gave me 50 dollars for doing it.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 23, 2012 18:36

why why WHY?????

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 23, 2012 18:37

dcba
DandelionPowderman

then Miami'94 then Bremen'98 then etc and most of the opportunities offered by the opening of the vaults will be wasted...

it'll be like the stones have a personal vendetta against me. kinda cool when i think about that, though...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 23, 2012 18:44

Delete this - or the StonesArchive will release
another well known and bootlegged show!!!eye popping smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 23, 2012 18:48

TooTough
Delete this - or the StonesArchive will release
another well known and bootlegged show!!!eye popping smiley

It seems that it's all already a done deal, mixing and short interviews all ready to go. grinning smiley

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 23, 2012 20:13

Bad fans you are. You knew Brussels and Hampton but were on your ass when it was released. Same for Ac when you will listen to the fantastic sound

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 23, 2012 20:16

It was fun listening to the Hampton download, but it's not a vast improvement on the Hampton DVD. I've resisted buying a boot DVD of Atlantic City because I feel it's on the horizon as a download. I think they'll milk it like they did Hampton, with video releases for both further down the line.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 4, 2012 01:06

Midnight Rambler Atlantic City 89 I was just listening to this the other day and Atlantic City 89 definitely does need a makeover. I would love to hear a newly remastered version of this show, which IMHO, contains arguably one of the best latter day versions of Midnight Rambler. The boys just smoke on this tune. Check out the instrumental break section.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 4, 2012 02:23

MR '89 is one of those last times the 'golden ring' of Woods/Wyman/Richards/Watts can really cook together, and create something beyond the individual members. It would never again be quite the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-04 02:23 by 24FPS.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: March 5, 2012 00:22

Erik_Snow
Yes, let's hope they release Atlantic City 1989 ! Congratulations on a great suggestion.
I wouldn't be downloading even if they gave me 50 dollars for doing it.
agreed, not even if they swiped the back-up singers, the horn section, matt clifford, and chuck leavell from the mix.

just say NO to any vegas crap.

Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: March 5, 2012 14:47

the 89-90 tour is one of my favourite Stones tours!
They were just on fire trying to prove that they still had "it" after all the fights during 85-88.

Sure a bit slick here and there but still amazing!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 5, 2012 18:11

I hope they waste, I mean use the opportunity release a Mick solo tour show! Wooohoooo!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 5, 2012 22:30

I guess it would be cool if they releaesed this on DVD. but please don't make this one of the google downloads. Lets go back to the 70's for that.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: March 5, 2012 23:57

ryanpow
I guess it would be cool if they releaesed this on DVD. but please don't make this one of the google downloads. Lets go back to the 70's for that.

Totally agree. A DVD of the entire concert with the soundtrack on CD to go with.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home