Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie Wood on touring (new article 03-02-12)
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 3, 2012 03:44

New article here.

Excerpt:

Speaking of which, Wood freely offers up the information that in December, just before he appeared with old pal Paul McCartney at London’s O2 Arena, he and the rest of the Rolling Stones – who haven’t toured in five years – hooked up for a jam in the studio. “It was great, keeping our chops together, that’s what we love.”

I’m about to ask if this summit was perhaps part of the preparations for the much-rumoured concerts to mark this year’s 50th anniversary of the band’s formation. But his manager shouts, “Guys, we can’t get too Stonesy on this because it’s not what we’re here to talk about.”

“Well, we only touched on it,” mutters Wood in the manner of a chastened schoolboy. Later on in the interview, we try again. So, I quietly ask, are there concert plans to mark the anniversary? “Well, they’re still in the talking mode,” Wood says carefully. “And I don’t know, each week brings a new development. Basically, get the boys feeling comfortable with each other, ’cause we’re all ready to go individually. It’s just a matter of tying up loose ends and coming together as a unit. We’re all happy – we were happy before Christmas. It’s getting better each time.”

I suggest that, as the Stones have long mastered the stadium rock gig, it would be great to see them doing multiple-night stands in cities – ten nights in New York, ten in London... “Be lovely, wouldn’t it?” Wood grins. “That’s what we’re on the verge of. I dunno what the hell is gonna happen yet but we all feel we owe it to ourselves and to the people to do something.”

But before all that, there’s the matter of April’s induction into America’s Rock & Roll Hall of Fame of the Faces, Wood’s pre-Stones band. Wood confirms that Faces frontman Rod Stewart will join them to perform at the event.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-03 04:28 by flacnvinyl.

Re: Ronnie Wood on touring (new article 03-02-12)
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 3, 2012 18:45

No thoughts..? He says they are leaning toward multi-night shows... Very curious.

Re: Ronnie Wood on touring (new article 03-02-12)
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 3, 2012 22:14

There was a similar article posted a few weeks back with the same quotes from Ronnie but this article seems to put his response a little differently than the other article...

[www.iorr.org]

When asked about a possible tour during an interview with the Radio Times, Woods replies, "Be lovely, wouldn't it?

vs

I suggest that, as the Stones have long mastered the stadium rock gig, it would be great to see them doing multiple-night stands in cities – ten nights in New York, ten in London... “Be lovely, wouldn’t it?” Wood grins. “That’s what we’re on the verge of. "

So it seems one of the two publications is misquoting Ronnie and/or using his responses out of context. Either way, yes, it would be nice if they did long stints in major cities.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home