Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick and Keith haven't gotten along since the early 80's?
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 21, 2012 22:09

Do you think this is so? Some reports indicate that it is. Coincidentally, or not coinidentally, no music the Stones have written since the late 70's / early 80's has been culturally significant (even though I personally like the new stuff). If they could just get along, would we have better stuff?

Re: Mick and Keith haven't gotten along since the early 80's?
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 21, 2012 22:14

Keith says in his book they haven't shared ANY time before a gig until curtain time for many years. That's rather outrageous to me, a chink in the armor of band, imho. peace

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 21, 2012 22:41

as I imagine it, Keith's area is filled with smoke and the sort of people Jagger would avoid.

then again, Jagger's area is probably no better as far as Keith is concerned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-21 23:37 by duke richardson.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 21, 2012 23:21

It seems to be true. They came together again because they saw how much money they could make together and only together. I like the new stuff though and I became a fan in 1990. But they did not reunite for romantic reasons.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 21, 2012 23:32

Send It To me
If they could just get along, would we have better stuff?

Not so much better as it would be more interesting music.

Mick still loves the blues and country but does he naturally want to write this music? I would say not so much. Keith on the other hand, is STILL looking for the next "Start Me Up." Musically, they're not working on the same page as they used to. The weak songwriting is the byproduct of their luke-warm personal relationship.

Date: February 22, 2012 03:54

Send It To me
Do you think this is so? Some reports indicate that it is. Coincidentally, or not coinidentally, no music the Stones have written since the late 70's / early 80's has been culturally significant (even though I personally like the new stuff). If they could just get along, would we have better stuff?

I forget where I read it - Bill German's book perhaps - but it's obviously clear that Mick has not wanted to bother with the Stones after 1978 as a touring band unless there was a SHITLOAD of money involved.

Nothing has changed since the Tattoo You tours. In that regard.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 22, 2012 04:08

thats funny because in a 1988 interview i remember mick saying he would rather not do it if it was going to be a problematic hassle when in the end you make alot of money , he wanted it to be fun

Date: February 22, 2012 06:17

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
I forget where I read it - Bill German's book perhaps - but it's obviously clear that Mick has not wanted to bother with the Stones after 1978 as a touring band unless there was a SHITLOAD of money involved.

Who except his inner circle is privy to this kind of BS. Although I love Bill German, I doubt he had the insight to quote about MJ's financial motives.

Listen to what Joe Satriani says about MJ...he is VERY concerned about giving his fans the best possible show and music. A consumate pro. I like to see it from that perspective instead of this greedy image some people who haven't a clue like to perpetuate. peace

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: February 22, 2012 07:12

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Who except his inner circle is privy to this kind of BS. Although I love Bill German, I doubt he had the insight to quote about MJ's financial motives.

Listen to what Joe Satriani says about MJ...he is VERY concerned about giving his fans the best possible show and music. A consumate pro. I like to see it from that perspective instead of this greedy image some people who haven't a clue like to perpetuate.

Where's your book, fool? What Satriani says? Why would I believe anything that wank has to say? Only an idiot would believe anything that @#$%& says. He was Jagger's solo album guitar player with nothing but a bunch of wank playing.

Yeah, same old story. Anyone who doesn't see it your way is ignorant, a fool, or an idiot.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 22, 2012 08:26

Mick Taylor said that by the time he quit - 1974-1975 - Mick and Keith weren't getting on, and were not working together.

Is he credible enough for you?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 22, 2012 08:54

Naturalust
I like to see it from that perspective instead of this greedy image some people who haven't a clue like to perpetuate. peace

Yeah.. but did you ever see the Mick pep talk video for the mechandise sellers on the tour.

Rock n Roll.

Not.

If you want to see Corporate Jagger in full flow then dig that one out.

Date: February 22, 2012 09:02

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Listen to what Joe Satriani says about MJ...he is VERY concerned about giving his fans the best possible show and music. A consumate pro. I like to see it from that perspective instead of this greedy image some people who haven't a clue like to perpetuate.

Where's your book, fool? What Satriani says? Why would I believe anything that wank has to say? Only an idiot would believe anything that @#$%& says. He was Jagger's solo album guitar player with nothing but a bunch of wank playing.

I'm not sure why you continue to harass people with different opinions than yours. I've seen several of your posts today which are just plain rude to decent credible folks. If you can't play nice why don't you go find something else to do. Your crap argumentative name calling ruins any potential discussing on any topic you choose to post about. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say shut the f uck up. Don't you realize you look like a total fool making all these personal attacks? I've held my breath long enough but you are just too much. Maybe you should get your Mom's permission before posting on the internet. Bv give this guy the boot please. peace

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 22, 2012 09:06

When covering the '78 tour, Chet Flippo said he noticed it "a mile away." FWIW.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 22, 2012 10:56

Seems since The Great Bargain that reunited the band for Steel Wheels it has been strictly a business relationship.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 22, 2012 12:38

There are probably occasions where they get on. For example the Steel Wheels writing sessions. But I guess it's up and down, mainly down.

Date: February 22, 2012 12:55

So how come they worked together as a team writing songs and recording in France for ABB?

I bet that must have been unbearable. Nope, my guess is that their relationship is not as bad as people say.

The Superbowl "after show-video" says a lot, imo. Happy friends walking off stage, giving compliments to eachother after a gig. I bet it's more like that than the opposite...

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 22, 2012 13:15

Point taken.

Equally it could be a load of hype to perpetuate a myth. I think the truth lies some where in the middle.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 22, 2012 13:23

Nope, my guess is that their relationship is not as bad as people say.

YEP .... Thick as thieves

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Alef ()
Date: February 22, 2012 15:24

What's the problem. Guess most of us are not friends with all of their collegues at work. But work gets done anyway.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 22, 2012 16:35

DandelionPowderman
... my guess is that their relationship is not as bad as people say.

Ditto that.

Date: February 22, 2012 18:39

Yeah, I don't even like half the people I love. peace

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:23

DandelionPowderman
So how come they worked together as a team writing songs and recording in France for ABB?

I bet that must have been unbearable. Nope, my guess is that their relationship is not as bad as people say.

The Superbowl "after show-video" says a lot, imo. Happy friends walking off stage, giving compliments to eachother after a gig. I bet it's more like that than the opposite...

They know each other well and I am sure they can have a perfectly good "professional" working relationship when they need to.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:41

Justin
Send It To me

Mick still loves the blues and country but does he naturally want to write this music? I would say not so much. Keith on the other hand, is STILL looking for the next "Start Me Up." Musically, they're not working on the same page as they used to. The weak songwriting is the byproduct of their luke-warm personal relationship.

I agree, and the music ITSELF is proof enough that you've got the creative team either pulling the band in two directions, or politely constructing songs 'by committe'. Either way - yawn.

This is also why I find the Exlie and Some Girls tracks FASCINATING. Jagger is basically writing with "Keith of the Past", without Current Keith's baggage getting in the way. Jagger's left by himself to soak up musical takes created when the band was in top shape, and while the results don't match the Emixle and Some GIrls albums, they come a HELL of a lot close to resembling 'decent Stones songs' than anything post-Cohl $1989$.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:42

jamesfdouglas
Justin
Send It To me

I agree, and the music ITSELF is proof enough that you've got the creative team either pulling the band in two directions, or politely constructing songs 'by committe'. Either way - yawn.

This is also why I find the Exlie and Some Girls tracks FASCINATING. Jagger is basically writing with "Keith of the Past", without Current Keith's baggage getting in the way. Jagger's left by himself to soak up musical takes created when the band was in top shape, and while the results don't match the Exile and Some GIrls albums, they come a HELL of a lot closer to resembling 'decent Stones songs' than anything post-Cohl $1989$.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:46

How many people on this board have had a relationship with anybody for 50 years?That is an amazingly long time for anyone in business, in love, in music in anything.... esp in the crazy changing world of the last 50 years.

Keith and Mick will be fine...
if Dave and Eddie (who despised each other for years and years and years) can get back together, record an album AND do a BIG TOUR, then there is hope for anything.

Date: February 22, 2012 19:56

Max'sKansasCity
How many people on this board have had a relationship with anybody for 50 years?That is an amazingly long time for anyone in business, in love, in music in anything.... esp in the crazy changing world of the last 50 years.

if Dave and Eddie (who despised each other for years and years and years) can get back together, record an album AND do a BIG TOUR, then there is hope for anything.

Hope? Even without Michael Anthony? lol peace

Date: February 22, 2012 21:58

Naturalust
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

I'm not sure why you continue to harass people with different opinions than yours. I've seen several of your posts today which are just plain rude to decent credible folks. If you can't play nice why don't you go find something else to do. Your crap argumentative name calling ruins any potential discussing on any topic you choose to post about. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say shut the f uck up. Don't you realize you look like a total fool making all these personal attacks? I've held my breath long enough but you are just too much. Maybe you should get your Mom's permission before posting on the internet. Bv give this guy the boot please. peace

Sorry. You got on my nerve.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 22, 2012 22:52

Naturalust
Max'sKansasCity

Hope? Even without Michael Anthony? lol peace
DAMN IT!!! Thats right!! I forgot, I hate those guys for that!!

That spoiledfatfkdaddysboy Wolfgang taking what is rightfully Michael Anthony's deserved big payday, from what will surely be VH's biggest grossing tour. I aint going... and I mean it... really... I do... I am pretty sure I am not going. Dang its always something, why cant things just be exactly the way I want them winking smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 23, 2012 01:48

They were friends up until Mick slept with Anita.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 23, 2012 01:59

keith said it started around the time of the ER sessions when he really felt a negative vibe from mick

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 989
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home