Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: Had It With You
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 02:20

Awful

Rod

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 1, 2015 02:24

bitusa2012
Awful

****** Rod - love the missus, the Stones(Except Had It With You), Springsteen, Travel, NYC, Cars and Apple.

grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-01 02:25 by His Majesty.

Date: September 1, 2015 02:25

I fail to see how a rhythm and blues track with a mean harp and lovely guitar sound can be awful, but that's me...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 1, 2015 02:32

DandelionPowderman
I fail to see how a rhythm and blues track with a mean harp and lovely guitar sound can be awful, but that's me...

The forced, but tired sounding vocals and general 80's jittery vibe might have something to do with it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 1, 2015 02:39

His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

The forced, but tired sounding vocals and general 80's jittery vibe might have something to do with it.

Perhaps the tired 12 bar blues rhythm has something to do with it too. Reaching into a well that has been tapped too often and coming up dry, or at least unoriginal, imo.

Date: September 1, 2015 02:56

Yes, that 12 bar blues rhythm is indeed overdone. It's just toss-away filler.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: September 1, 2015 03:14

Great, great Stones song.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 04:34

A glimmer of hope from an otherwise depressing nadir of their career...

Date: September 1, 2015 08:47

Naturalust
His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

Perhaps the tired 12 bar blues rhythm has something to do with it too. Reaching into a well that has been tapped too often and coming up dry, or at least unoriginal, imo.

For a guitar player Keith's boogie weighs up for all possible phoning in there is, imo thumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 1, 2015 09:10

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

For a guitar player Keith's boogie weighs up for all possible phoning in there is, imo thumbs up

Keith's boogie? He stole that fair and square.winking smiley

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 09:28

always loved it great tune.

Date: September 1, 2015 09:55

Naturalust
DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

Nobody plays as tight and cool as he does on this tune, so no he's got the trademark smiling smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 1, 2015 10:09

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

Nobody plays as tight and cool as he does on this tune, so no he's got the trademark smiling smiley

Absolutely agree. They brought the overplayed 12-bar blues back into the modern world (of the 80's that is). Still the only really nice and original track on the album entire album.

Mathijs

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 1, 2015 14:56

i love Had it with you , i think it is a good stones song

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: September 1, 2015 14:56

Agree with Mathijs. It's the only Dirty Work song that's survived the decades past. I love the raw sound and the harp.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: September 1, 2015 22:47

..Excellent track..I don't understand why some fans don't like it...!!!

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: September 1, 2015 23:03

Bit of fun, not to be taken too seriously. Easy to forget about tucked away on an album nobody plays. Cept a few on this site of course!

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 1, 2015 23:47

backstreetboy1
always loved it great tune.
thumbs up

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: September 1, 2015 23:55

HAD IT WITH YOU naysayers.

HAD IT WITH YOU thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up, almost as good as VICTOR HUGO.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home