Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Jagger' heroin addiction
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 29, 2010 05:02

They all must still have some big ego problems with all those books coming out.
I understand that she's been hurt but - they have children together . .!

I don't really understand why a Keith Richards thinks he has to do an autobio. It only takes away from the original magic!
With Hall it has to be a mixture of revenge/ego and money . .

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 29, 2010 05:13

Funny though, there is no Jerry Hall or Marianne Faithfull interview or article where Mick is not somehow discussed - but the only lady that actually is ex- Mrs. Jagger - Bianca - never seems using that card.

- Doxa

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 29, 2010 05:50

Mick was a dabbler, but the idea of him as a junkie just doesn't wash. It's all about control with Mr. J. The junkie thing does not fit. I am sure the Stones never had to wait three hours to go on because MJ was trying to score. I just don't believe it.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: September 29, 2010 05:53

An article on Bianca from 2001:

Bianca doesn't want to talk about her former husband (they married on May 12, 1971; divorced 1979).

"It's respect," she continues. "Mick is respectful of me he doesn't go around giving interviews about his life with me. And I'm respectful of him. I try not to go around giving interviews about him. Even if I may have grievances in life, they are very personal matters, not to be revealed in interviews. One will always lose. When I'm older, or wiser, and can look back and reflect upon my life, and put it in the right context, I might. But for the time being, I will talk about my human rights work. Let Mick go on with his life and me go on with mine."

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 29, 2010 06:04

stupidguy2

Bianca doesn't want to talk about her former husband (they married on May 12, 1971; divorced 1979).

"It's respect," she continues. "Mick is respectful of me he doesn't go around giving interviews about his life with me. And I'm respectful of him. I try not to go around giving interviews about him. Even if I may have grievances in life, they are very personal matters, not to be revealed in interviews. One will always lose. When I'm older, or wiser, and can look back and reflect upon my life, and put it in the right context, I might. But for the time being, I will talk about my human rights work. Let Mick go on with his life and me go on with mine."

A very wise and mature attitude from Bianca. But I can't help but read between the lines and want to know what these "grievances" might be.

Date: September 29, 2010 06:10

71Tele
quote]

A very wise and mature attitude from Bianca. But I can't help but read between the lines and want to know what these "grievances" might be.

And wouldn't that be an interesting book? But alas, we may never know, and we probably shouldn't.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 29, 2010 11:51

71Tele
stupidguy2

There are some "grievances" for sure - otherwise why did she refuse to participate in Stones In Exile?
Anita's take was very interesting, and I think Bianca has some stories to tell too

Date: September 29, 2010 21:59

Not participating on Exile makes sense. With Anita running around putting hexes on her...she might have mixed feelings..lol
Actually, Bianca has never participated in Stones things because, frankly, she probably feels she doesn't have anything relevant to add. And she seems very determined to not use that card. Although, Mick being a slut during their marriage may have left some long-standing "grievances." The difference between Bianca and Jerry is that one likes to play the victim, while the other chooses to get on with her life.

Date: September 29, 2010 23:06

stupidguy2
Not participating on Exile makes sense. With Anita running around putting hexes on her...she might have mixed feelings..lol
Actually, Bianca has never participated in Stones things because, frankly, she probably feels she doesn't have anything relevant to add. And she seems very determined to not use that card. Although, Mick being a slut during their marriage may have left some long-standing "grievances." The difference between Bianca and Jerry is that one likes to play the victim, while the other chooses to get on with her life.

You are mostly right,stupidguy2.
Bianca chouse "to get on with her life" after 7 years, and Jerry took 23 years

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: September 29, 2010 23:21

WeLoveYou
"Mick had told me he took LSD every day for a year in the Sixties..." - is this physically possible?!

I think Syd Barrett could have answered that.winking smiley

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: September 29, 2010 23:24

Gazza
The article doesnt actually say he was 'addicted'....

+1 And heroin is not a drug 90% of us can try a couple of times and know if you like it or not (although Keefy is right: some people have been able to, but it's a combination of the right genetics, and being as tricky as hell)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-29 23:27 by stevecardi.

Date: September 29, 2010 23:47

proudmary
stupidguy2

You are mostly right,stupidguy2.
Bianca chouse "to get on with her life" after 7 years, and Jerry took 23 years

Yeah, one was a glutton for punishment, the other had self-respect. 23 years is a long time to be a victim.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 30, 2010 00:23

71Tele
Mick was a dabbler, but the idea of him as a junkie just doesn't wash. It's all about control with Mr. J. The junkie thing does not fit. I am sure the Stones never had to wait three hours to go on because MJ was trying to score. I just don't believe it.

1. We're talking Mick Jagger in the 70's!
2. It's been said before. Things like you mentioned only happen when somebody is finally really addicted. But Mick was dabbling with it. His personality made him stop when it became unpleasent. Plus he had other things to go back to.
With the right personality, conditions and surroundings you can do it that way for a long time . .
But I don't think he did it that often or long time.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 30, 2010 00:50

Anita has given a number of interviews over the last 30 years and has never as far as I can recall, said anything critical of Keith, although she has made some critical comments about Mick and Brian. Of course, it is most likely that she has been and always will be on the payroll.

I feel like I have had enough of reading about Stones exes, and reading their interviews.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 30, 2010 01:11

I keep glancing at this thread title and my eyes see "Jane's Heroin Addiction." grinning smiley

Date: September 30, 2010 01:24

Bliss
Anita has given a number of interviews over the last 30 years and has never as far as I can recall, said anything critical of Keith, although she has made some critical comments about Mick and Brian. Of course, it is most likely that she has been and always will be on the payroll.

I feel like I have had enough of reading about Stones exes, and reading their interviews.

True. And when Jerry Hall goes on a media blitz to promote her book, I will probably, most likely read every single one of them. Why is that?
And its true that Anita has always been kind toward Keith, but "Jagger" gets alot of scorn.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: September 30, 2010 01:44

Heorin wasn't his "drug of choice" "It took 25 years, I'm a quick study"

Mick on 60 minutes, go to 6:28 and listen to the remarks straight from the horses mouth

Date: September 30, 2010 01:52

Watch the 78, 81 tours, Mick is coked to the skies, but herion, doubftul.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: September 30, 2010 02:05

I would venture to say Mick, Brian and Keith dropped acid, smoked reefer and hash while making Satanic Majesties.

I'd say in the early 70's Mick may have snorted heroin but not to the point of addiction. In the mid to late 70's and into the early 80's coke was Mick's drug of choice.

Date: September 30, 2010 02:10

"ts believable that Jagger used heroin as a come-down after a show, particularly in the early 70s. But recreationally or habitually, I have a hard time believing he had a "problem". He seems like someone who could stop when he wanted, not because his 21-year old girlfriend demanded he stop.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 30, 2010 02:41

Cousin C: 'I don't really understand why a Keith Richards thinks he has to do an autobio. It only takes away from the original magic!' Quote

I would like to be pleasantly surprised by a Keith Bio. Ron Woods book was ridiculous. Bill's was good, but it would be nice to see if Keith has a different side. We'll probably never get anything serious out of Mick, and Charlie could give a flip. I'm prepared for Keith to be harsh on Brian, but maybe we'll get some insight into the origins of the band, and what was important to each guitarist. After all they did spend a lot of time at Edith Grove weaving a legend. Keith's sensitivity has always surprised me. I'll be curious to see if he has any objectivity about himself.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: September 30, 2010 12:07

proudmary
To Jerry's excuse I'd like to post this article. She doesn't look silly, vulgar or naive here. Quite the opposite. And she doesn't speak about Mick for a change(just a bit)

Lunch with Jerry Hall Financial Times
[www.ft.com]

But she says something here, that seems strange. She says she sells her art collection because her eldest children are looking for an appartement and she thought about helping them. As far as I know Lizzy lives in New York in her own house for a while now, and James does not live at home anymore either. And Jerry is not that poor that she has to sell some paintings to help them.

Date: September 30, 2010 21:11

It is what it is, a PR gambit to promote her new book.

Date: September 30, 2010 21:36

stupidguy2
It is what it is, a PR gambit to promote her new book.

What do you mean? Jerry sells her art collection for PR pursoses? I don't think so.
As for PR - everybody does PR. Why Keith does his autobio? it was not his idea to write this book. He was made an offer and he decided to use the opportunity to promote himself.

Date: September 30, 2010 22:03

Sorry if I seem cynical. I must confess, it started long ago...lol.
I've been reading about Jerry Hall since 1978 and she's never had a problem selling herself and her relationship with Jagger. Maybe it's not even intentional. Nevertheless, whether she was talking about marriage and settling down in People magazine while Mick was still married, or talking about blow jobs in Interview Magazine while he was in the midst of a divorce, she's put herself out there, ad nauseum, year after year. And as a young Stones fan before the age of the Internet, I read every single one.
By the mid-80s, it started to become less interesting and I even started to lose interest in Jagger. Around 92, I was standing in a book store, and staring out at me from the magazine stand, was Jerry, poised on some kind of elegant faining couch, with an infant Georgia by her side. ANd the headlined quote about a "homewrecking whore who stole my man." She was referring to Miss Bruni. The entire article was to publicize her plight. I just rolled my eyes.
Yes, she was a model with her own money and I'm form small-town Texas, blah, blah. blah. But after decades of reading her ruminations of Life with Mick, it gets not only repetative, but obnoxious. And she's only just begun.
I know, its silly of me, but when she stops yakking, I'll respect her more.
Meanwhile, she's getting ready her next onslaught of ruminations.

Date: September 30, 2010 22:14

stupidguy2
Sorry if I seem cynical. I must confess, it started long ago...lol.
I've been reading about Jerry Hall since 1978 and she's never had a problem selling herself and her relationship with Jagger. Maybe it's not even intentional. Nevertheless, whether she was talking about marriage and settling down in People magazine while Mick was still married, or talking about blow jobs in Interview Magazine while he was in the midst of a divorce, she's put herself out there, ad nauseum, year after year. And as a young Stones fan before the age of the Internet, I read every single one.
By the mid-80s, it started to become less interesting and I even started to lose interest in Jagger. Around 92, I was standing in a book store, and staring out at me from the magazine stand, was Jerry, poised on some kind of elegant faining couch, with an infant Georgia by her side. ANd the headlined quote about a "homewrecking whore who stole my man." She was referring to Miss Bruni. The entire article was to publicize her plight. I just rolled my eyes.
Yes, she was a model with her own money and I'm form small-town Texas, blah, blah. blah. But after decades of reading her ruminations of Life with Mick, it gets not only repetative, but obnoxious. And she's only just begun.
I know, its silly of me, but when she stops yakking, I'll respect her more.
Meanwhile, she's getting ready her next onslaught of ruminations.

OK, I started not so long ago, so that I've not got fed up yet with her "revelations".
talking about blow jobs in Interview Magazine while he was in the midst of a divorce - can you elaborate on this one?winking smiley

Date: September 30, 2010 22:38

proudmary

OK, I started not so long ago, so that I've not got fed up yet with her "revelations".
talking about blow jobs in Interview Magazine while he was in the midst of a divorce - can you elaborate on this one?winking smiley

lol...I read the Interview years later when I started rummaging old book stores in Manhattan. To be fair, Warhol would always ask provacatve questions, including sex and how sexy Mick was in bed....I was a kid and even then it seemed kind of flaky. From the very beginning, she naively would talk at length, in US, People, ROna Barret's Hollywood (yes, its embarrassing to admit I read every single one) about Mick, 'we're in luuuv....' while Mick and Bianca were still just separated. I don't think there is a year, from 78-2010, where she wasn't promoting something, whether it was modeling job, her book, a baby, an excercise video.....lol.
I don't know when you became a Stones fan, but when I was 14, Jerry Hall just seemed like a flake. She may have gained wisdom and frankly, since she split from Mick, Ill admit she has become less annoying. Its possible that the nature of her relationship with Jagger made her needy for the public attention. I don't know, but I will admit she's gotten better since the breakup. I wonder of the relationship stifled them both. We've all been in unhealthy relationships, so maybe Jerry is due for some better luck. But she still talks too much.

Date: September 30, 2010 22:58

I don't know what Jerry told about blow jobs then, but usually she doesn't elaborate on the intimate side of her life with Mick. Marianne in her turn went too far in this direction in her book.

Date: September 30, 2010 23:17

IN the Warhol Diaries, she does mention during an interview, and this is 78, 79, that she would give Mick a blow job before he left the house so he wouldn't want to be with anyone else. (didn't work)
Warhol said they decided to leave that part out of the published interview because of Bianca....lol,
It's actually kind of funny. She was shameless back then and again, age may have tempered some of that, but ....eh..

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 1, 2010 09:41

I recall either reading or seeing an interview with Bianca a long time ago were she said Mick was dissolute and by the end of their marriage, he had slept with every single one of her friends.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2123
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home