Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Nice interview with Ronnie-Dutch Newspaper-interesting
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 28, 2010 18:00

SwayStones
Amsterdamned
dcba

You love to play chess ,don't you ?
But it doesn't mean that you know HOW to play chess .

that's a good one Sway! Bravo!

confused smiley

You don't know what your talking about.
Kasparov, one of the strongest, if not the strongest chessplayer in history:

>> you don't know what you're talking about <<
Who,me ?
Kasparov was perhaps the greatest tactician of all time.[/quote]

dcba in the first place.

I prefer Bobby Fischer though,he did it all by himself.No computers,no second to help him.That counts as well.Kasparov learned a lot about psychological warfare from Bobby.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 28, 2010 18:34

Amsterdamned :

When you want to quote somebody,would you mind,please smiling smiley to click on the "insert quoted text" button ? It would be more easy,then ,to understand who you quote.
Btw ,same message to kleermaker

Exemple here :
Amsterdamned

I prefer Bobby Fischer though,he did it all by himself.No computers,no second to help him.That counts as well.Kasparov learned a lot about psychological warfare from Bobby.

My answer :

Fisher "shone" for a short time compared to Kasparov,didn't he ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: September 28, 2010 18:39

Carnaby
Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, after 9 years, has a new solo album, including the artwork. Thus the two pillars of leadership are artists together. "When I came out of rehab, I had to create meaning. '

In a small meeting room of the Office of Eagle Rock record label, in the southwest of London, Ronnie Wood on the newly completed artwork for I Feel Like Playing, his first solo album since 2001, Monday appears. Nice to see: the Rolling Stones guitarist (1947) is so happy as a child. Wow, it's crazy, colours, design, they are really @ # $% & great become images.

For the first time in his career on an album the two main pillars of his artistry together, he says. The disc we hear the musician Ronnie (my nightjob '), on the cover there is a painting by the painter Ronnie (my dayjob '), a piece of cloth with a lot of yellow and red, the album title I Feel Like Playing in big black letters and a kind of eye, or whirlpool, in bright blue.

He points out the blue circles, "they run from the inside out, do you see? Not from the outside in. So I feel now: when I got out of the rehab came, I felt bright and fresh in my head. I had been meaning to create, my ideas in the world. With this canvas and this album four I regained freedom. '

He swings his legs are listed at the top table and his feet shall submit in addition to the prints: he has his white tennis gym pen painted as the album cover, yellow and red, Blue Vortex. ' Cool, right? When I came out of rehab, was the first that I am opposed to my girlfriend said: I feel like painting and I feel like playing. These are the titles of a painting and an album. '

He speaks the words 'ontwenningskliniek ' and ' Rehab ' look as if he was talking about the post office and the grocery store, but we cannot ignore: Yes, the clinic, there he spent the last years a lot of time clock at a minute interval.

In its charming autobiography Ronnie (2007; the Dutch translation is called Ron Wood) he wrote about his alcohol problem and his turbulent love life like he once and for all those things in order, but in the following years, it was just a couple of times by: substitute drugs (alcohol, cocaine) and one in the divorce scandal press devoted much of the very young Ekaterina Ivanova, after he was arrested in december 2009 due to a still 'incident in the private sphere '. Domestic violence, reported the tabloids.

About that incident would he is not talking ("not because the secret is, it is still in the newspaper, but because the court case is still running '), the withdrawal clinics are no taboo topic: ' Yes, I have a while to run. '

The A?

' (A) of Alcoholics. The second, anonymous, you can omit if you're in the Rolling Stones ' plays

He schatert, the head in the neck. Furrows in his tanned face, it is in fact a heavy rock 'n' roll-life, but his jet-black hair still do not have paint and his coiffure has never changed, just as the diepdonkere eyes: they still shine and provide him his sympathetic, boyish look.

Gypsy blood. Ronnie Wood is a sibling of a London genus of 'waterzigeuners ': generations before him were born on the water, that is, not the inland sea. Ron was the first to on-shore came into the world, in Hillingdon, not far from Heathrow Airport.

If you do this is as it should, you'll be talking about proposals which position he occupies within the Stones, since he replaced Mick Taylor in 1975 as a second guitarist in addition to Keith Richards (the way they are, from the album Black And Blue from 1976, so effectively, so you can have their learning, they call themselves ' weaving ").

Relations between Mick Jagger and Keith Richards is, in the words of Wood, 'gecompliceerd ', but they are both set at ' woody ', which, in addition, the Mick Jagger, Keith Richards-oeuvre better than the authors themselves. When there is an old number is to be rehearsed for a tour, you can expect the Mick and Keith have been forgotten. ' You have written it yourself! ', calls on Woody then, and playing it for.

It is not a full-time job, guitarist of the Stones, and inaction is nothing for him. He presents ' with the guitar on your lap ' own radio program on absolute Classic Rock (all episodes of the show are Ronnie Wood to be heard on ronniewoodradio.com), is committed to endangered species in Africa, the whole day to sketches in one notebook (' for my painting "), and take notes in the other (' my music ').

In addition, he regularly exhibits as a painter. He has four workshops (one in Ireland, a two in Surrey, in London, in the Hoxton and Chelsea) and finds it a little like commuting. ' You need in one place, I do not shut up, I'm restless in nature. I think that this is also one of the reasons why I tend to have to grab the bottle: with alcohol I can bring myself to rest. '

I Feel Like Playing came just in between. Concrete plans to make a solo album he had not at all. "I was sitting in Los Angeles and was called by my good friend Steve Bing, the producer. He had an evening has been made in The House Of Blues and asked if I came into play. We played Spoonful, a classic, and concluded that number the next day. There began his application or his tender, and before I knew it, I was to make an album: during the day, write songs, in the evening a recording in a Studio, with friends who happened to be around. '

Wood called they just on or they came spontaneously enter: drummer Jim Keltner, Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, Slash, Kris Kristofferson, Bobby Womack. ' It was sweet. I have since the 1970s, no plate more created in such a relaxed atmosphere. '

I have to say: it's an especially good, lively and varied album. Stones-rock, blues, Motown-soul, reggae, it all comes along, the pleasure is almost tangible.

In a few songs, there is also Ian McLagan, Woods old band buddy from the Faces, the rock band in which he played for in 1975 he joined the Stones. Recently The Faces do performances, reunion with Simply Red-singer Mick Hucknall as a replacement for the original singer Rod Stewart, with whom Wood are still good friends.

"I think it is a pity that Rod out ', says Wood," but he is there from the beginning to be very clear on this. His Songbook and Soulbook-coverplaten do it very well in the us. He can put a great deal of action, for a lot of money. The amounts he, are not in proportion to what he with the Faces-reunion. Ian McLagan, Kenney Jones and I respect that, but we did not want to wait any longer and have Mick Hucknall. '

This autumn, the latter again Simply Red-obligations and the Faces again parked until sometime in 2011. Sorry, Wood, who more often on the road with the band would like to: delicious rocking, smaller scale and in a very different role than he has in the Stones.

' In the Faces, I am the leader: the musical conductor. In the past, I always looked Rod: what matters now is, what are we going to do? In the Stones that leadership, Keith and I are secondant. Recently we played with the Faces in the O2 in London, instant in the small room, for four hundred men. Delicious.

With the Stones, it is, of course, an entirely different story. In the large scale, and visually show the most recent tour, the A Bigger Bang Tour (2005-2007) is hard to surpass. Wood think aloud: ' maybe should have the following tour very exclusive and small scale. '

That Stones-tour than the last, as was recently the case in English newspapers, it was claimed? Put the band on the 50th anniversary in 2012 a point behind? Wood: "I do not know who that rumor in the world, but we were not, in any case. About stop we never had, and I do not think it's going to happen. '

When Ronnie Wood talks about the Stones, he's doing this once in the we-and then again in the side-form, as if he was talking about ' the company '. They speak to each other, in fact, tours outside? "Not much." They come on each other's birthdays? ' Sometimes. ' How do they deal with each other? How is it actually a Rolling Stone?

' If we are on tour, we usually hire a hotel, or at least a wing or floor, where everyone has sufficient privacy. We see each other during the day than a little. But at night we get in the van that transports us to the stage and it's actually just as it used to be: then we, we make wisecracks, the guys together. '

They are friends?

Vigorous show: ' Yes. No friends who still together in the pub, or it may be in flat door at each other. We are friends such as men of 60 friends. But in general we are more comfortable than the people. A tour is preceded by a long, intensive rehearsal period. Then we set the set together. In the months That I experience oefenhok always cosy. '

For the tours 'knus itself is not, of course, ' the right word. His radio show do, that's what I call cosy. The shots of I Feel Like Playing were cosy. Writing of Ronnie was cosy.

"I had a ghostwriter in the arm, but at the same time, I wanted that it would be a personal story. Those two things are at odds with each other, and there I ran flowery when I read the first version: I heard it myself so tell. With my ghostwriter Jack Macdonald then I have rewritten the whole story, so that it feels like my narration. '

He is always continue to keep the small: in real life, far from the Stones-planet, something fun and make people happy, if only a few. He would like to make a crime novel writing, and a children's book, and poetry. This autumn he will give music workshops to small class sizes children. The afkickklinieken, the divorces, the charge of domestic violence, the tabloids; they have the twinkle never out of his eyes.

The highlight of I Feel Like Playing is located at the very end, in the soulful slowrocker Forever. It is the oldest song on the album: Wood wrote it in 1974, when he already knew that he might (with understanding) have Stones would join, but the transfer is not yet a fact. Years, the demo version to wait for further development. Ever had to he a good version of the song. That good version: there is now a version that takes off thanks to the guest vocals of Bobby Womack.

' I want to remember the good things ', is Woods repetitive message in the chorus.

The rock veteran sings the from the toes in 1974 and had not to believe, that that simple phrase in the 36 years later was to become his levensmotto.

Edited 1 time (s). Last edit at 2010-09-25 22: 55 by amsterdamned.

Is it just me or .....confused smiley
Posted by Carnaby and EDITED by Amsterdamned ?
How such thing is possible ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: September 28, 2010 19:12

SwayStones
Carnaby
Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, after 9 years, has a new solo album, including the artwork. Thus the two pillars of leadership are artists together. "When I came out of rehab, I had to create meaning. '

In a small meeting room of the Office of Eagle Rock record label, in the southwest of London, Ronnie Wood on the newly completed artwork for I Feel Like Playing, his first solo album since 2001, Monday appears. Nice to see: the Rolling Stones guitarist (1947) is so happy as a child. Wow, it's crazy, colours, design, they are really @ # $% & great become images.

For the first time in his career on an album the two main pillars of his artistry together, he says. The disc we hear the musician Ronnie (my nightjob '), on the cover there is a painting by the painter Ronnie (my dayjob '), a piece of cloth with a lot of yellow and red, the album title I Feel Like Playing in big black letters and a kind of eye, or whirlpool, in bright blue.

He points out the blue circles, "they run from the inside out, do you see? Not from the outside in. So I feel now: when I got out of the rehab came, I felt bright and fresh in my head. I had been meaning to create, my ideas in the world. With this canvas and this album four I regained freedom. '

He swings his legs are listed at the top table and his feet shall submit in addition to the prints: he has his white tennis gym pen painted as the album cover, yellow and red, Blue Vortex. ' Cool, right? When I came out of rehab, was the first that I am opposed to my girlfriend said: I feel like painting and I feel like playing. These are the titles of a painting and an album. '

He speaks the words 'ontwenningskliniek ' and ' Rehab ' look as if he was talking about the post office and the grocery store, but we cannot ignore: Yes, the clinic, there he spent the last years a lot of time clock at a minute interval.

In its charming autobiography Ronnie (2007; the Dutch translation is called Ron Wood) he wrote about his alcohol problem and his turbulent love life like he once and for all those things in order, but in the following years, it was just a couple of times by: substitute drugs (alcohol, cocaine) and one in the divorce scandal press devoted much of the very young Ekaterina Ivanova, after he was arrested in december 2009 due to a still 'incident in the private sphere '. Domestic violence, reported the tabloids.

About that incident would he is not talking ("not because the secret is, it is still in the newspaper, but because the court case is still running '), the withdrawal clinics are no taboo topic: ' Yes, I have a while to run. '

The A?

' (A) of Alcoholics. The second, anonymous, you can omit if you're in the Rolling Stones ' plays

He schatert, the head in the neck. Furrows in his tanned face, it is in fact a heavy rock 'n' roll-life, but his jet-black hair still do not have paint and his coiffure has never changed, just as the diepdonkere eyes: they still shine and provide him his sympathetic, boyish look.

Gypsy blood. Ronnie Wood is a sibling of a London genus of 'waterzigeuners ': generations before him were born on the water, that is, not the inland sea. Ron was the first to on-shore came into the world, in Hillingdon, not far from Heathrow Airport.

If you do this is as it should, you'll be talking about proposals which position he occupies within the Stones, since he replaced Mick Taylor in 1975 as a second guitarist in addition to Keith Richards (the way they are, from the album Black And Blue from 1976, so effectively, so you can have their learning, they call themselves ' weaving ").

Relations between Mick Jagger and Keith Richards is, in the words of Wood, 'gecompliceerd ', but they are both set at ' woody ', which, in addition, the Mick Jagger, Keith Richards-oeuvre better than the authors themselves. When there is an old number is to be rehearsed for a tour, you can expect the Mick and Keith have been forgotten. ' You have written it yourself! ', calls on Woody then, and playing it for.

It is not a full-time job, guitarist of the Stones, and inaction is nothing for him. He presents ' with the guitar on your lap ' own radio program on absolute Classic Rock (all episodes of the show are Ronnie Wood to be heard on ronniewoodradio.com), is committed to endangered species in Africa, the whole day to sketches in one notebook (' for my painting "), and take notes in the other (' my music ').

In addition, he regularly exhibits as a painter. He has four workshops (one in Ireland, a two in Surrey, in London, in the Hoxton and Chelsea) and finds it a little like commuting. ' You need in one place, I do not shut up, I'm restless in nature. I think that this is also one of the reasons why I tend to have to grab the bottle: with alcohol I can bring myself to rest. '

I Feel Like Playing came just in between. Concrete plans to make a solo album he had not at all. "I was sitting in Los Angeles and was called by my good friend Steve Bing, the producer. He had an evening has been made in The House Of Blues and asked if I came into play. We played Spoonful, a classic, and concluded that number the next day. There began his application or his tender, and before I knew it, I was to make an album: during the day, write songs, in the evening a recording in a Studio, with friends who happened to be around. '

Wood called they just on or they came spontaneously enter: drummer Jim Keltner, Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, Slash, Kris Kristofferson, Bobby Womack. ' It was sweet. I have since the 1970s, no plate more created in such a relaxed atmosphere. '

I have to say: it's an especially good, lively and varied album. Stones-rock, blues, Motown-soul, reggae, it all comes along, the pleasure is almost tangible.

In a few songs, there is also Ian McLagan, Woods old band buddy from the Faces, the rock band in which he played for in 1975 he joined the Stones. Recently The Faces do performances, reunion with Simply Red-singer Mick Hucknall as a replacement for the original singer Rod Stewart, with whom Wood are still good friends.

"I think it is a pity that Rod out ', says Wood," but he is there from the beginning to be very clear on this. His Songbook and Soulbook-coverplaten do it very well in the us. He can put a great deal of action, for a lot of money. The amounts he, are not in proportion to what he with the Faces-reunion. Ian McLagan, Kenney Jones and I respect that, but we did not want to wait any longer and have Mick Hucknall. '

This autumn, the latter again Simply Red-obligations and the Faces again parked until sometime in 2011. Sorry, Wood, who more often on the road with the band would like to: delicious rocking, smaller scale and in a very different role than he has in the Stones.

' In the Faces, I am the leader: the musical conductor. In the past, I always looked Rod: what matters now is, what are we going to do? In the Stones that leadership, Keith and I are secondant. Recently we played with the Faces in the O2 in London, instant in the small room, for four hundred men. Delicious.

With the Stones, it is, of course, an entirely different story. In the large scale, and visually show the most recent tour, the A Bigger Bang Tour (2005-2007) is hard to surpass. Wood think aloud: ' maybe should have the following tour very exclusive and small scale. '

That Stones-tour than the last, as was recently the case in English newspapers, it was claimed? Put the band on the 50th anniversary in 2012 a point behind? Wood: "I do not know who that rumor in the world, but we were not, in any case. About stop we never had, and I do not think it's going to happen. '

When Ronnie Wood talks about the Stones, he's doing this once in the we-and then again in the side-form, as if he was talking about ' the company '. They speak to each other, in fact, tours outside? "Not much." They come on each other's birthdays? ' Sometimes. ' How do they deal with each other? How is it actually a Rolling Stone?

' If we are on tour, we usually hire a hotel, or at least a wing or floor, where everyone has sufficient privacy. We see each other during the day than a little. But at night we get in the van that transports us to the stage and it's actually just as it used to be: then we, we make wisecracks, the guys together. '

They are friends?

Vigorous show: ' Yes. No friends who still together in the pub, or it may be in flat door at each other. We are friends such as men of 60 friends. But in general we are more comfortable than the people. A tour is preceded by a long, intensive rehearsal period. Then we set the set together. In the months That I experience oefenhok always cosy. '

For the tours 'knus itself is not, of course, ' the right word. His radio show do, that's what I call cosy. The shots of I Feel Like Playing were cosy. Writing of Ronnie was cosy.

"I had a ghostwriter in the arm, but at the same time, I wanted that it would be a personal story. Those two things are at odds with each other, and there I ran flowery when I read the first version: I heard it myself so tell. With my ghostwriter Jack Macdonald then I have rewritten the whole story, so that it feels like my narration. '

He is always continue to keep the small: in real life, far from the Stones-planet, something fun and make people happy, if only a few. He would like to make a crime novel writing, and a children's book, and poetry. This autumn he will give music workshops to small class sizes children. The afkickklinieken, the divorces, the charge of domestic violence, the tabloids; they have the twinkle never out of his eyes.

The highlight of I Feel Like Playing is located at the very end, in the soulful slowrocker Forever. It is the oldest song on the album: Wood wrote it in 1974, when he already knew that he might (with understanding) have Stones would join, but the transfer is not yet a fact. Years, the demo version to wait for further development. Ever had to he a good version of the song. That good version: there is now a version that takes off thanks to the guest vocals of Bobby Womack.

' I want to remember the good things ', is Woods repetitive message in the chorus.

The rock veteran sings the from the toes in 1974 and had not to believe, that that simple phrase in the 36 years later was to become his levensmotto.

Must be a translating application,or there is ghost on this board????

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 28, 2010 19:36

kleermaker
Posted by Carnaby on September 27, 2010 19:42 and edited by 'amsterdamned' at 2010-09-25 22: 55, and Dutch translated in Denglish. Well, it hasn't to become much crazier!

Why am I quoting myselfconfused smiley

Date: September 28, 2010 21:09

kleermaker
kleermaker
Posted by Carnaby on September 27, 2010 19:42 and edited by 'amsterdamned' at 2010-09-25 22: 55, and Dutch translated in Denglish. Well, it hasn't to become much crazier!

No, you are quoting me editing at 2010-09-25 22: 55...??
Did you use LSD in your younger days ??
Or did I ? confused smiley

Date: September 28, 2010 22:34

SwayStones
Amsterdamned :

When you want to quote somebody,would you mind,please smiling smiley to click on the "insert quoted text" button ? It would be more easy,then ,to understand who you quote.

Exemple here :
Amsterdamned

My answer :

That's true SwayStones, he shone for maybe 3 or 4 years .
The difference between Bobby and Gary is the fact that Bobby wiped the floor with every very strong player, even Spassky(the worldchampion) , Taimanov and Tall.(Sorry,you asked for it smiling smiley) Kasparov always was the world best for a long period,but he had a really hard time against players like Karpov,Timman,(a Dutchy) and Anand. Karpov was almost equal to Kasparov for 15 years.

Here's a short game between Kasparov and Karpov. You can almost feel the tension.
Kasparov almost looks like crying when he looses...cool smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 28, 2010 22:43

Amsterdamned
SwayStones
Amsterdamned :

Exemple here :
Amsterdamned

But actually I WAS quoting myself!

My answer :

That's true SwayStones, he shone for maybe 3 or 4 years .
The difference between Bobby and Gary is the fact that Bobby wiped the floor with every very strong player, even Spassky(the worldchampion) , Taimanov and Tall.(Sorry,you asked for it smiling smiley) Kasparov always was the world best for a long period,but he had a really hard time against players like Karpov,Timman,(a Dutchy) and Anand. Karpov was almost equal to Kasparov for 15 years.

Here's a short game between Kasparov and Karpov. You can almost feel the tension.
Kasparov almost looks like crying when he looses...cool smiley

Date: September 29, 2010 10:54

I got it >grinning smiley<

Amsterdamned
kleermaker
kleermaker

No, you are quoting me editing at 2010-09-25 22: 55...??
Did you use LSD in your younger days ??
Or did I ? confused smiley

Edited 1 time (s). Last edit at 2010-09-29 9:52 by SwayStones

THIS time,you're fired,Amsterdamned tongue sticking out smileywinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-29 10:56 by SwayStones.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 29, 2010 11:08

SwayStones
Carnaby
Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, after 9 years, has a new solo album, ....

Comment about QUOTING and EDITING:
Only the original owner of the post can edit a post. And the IORR administrator (bv). If you look closely there is a QUOTE inside this post. That quote has been edited, not the post itself. The "EDITED" is the very last line in the post, all other text might be from quotes, copy&paste from other posts etc.

As you see here - this post has been edited by me, nobody else. I do own the post, as you see on the very top of this post.

Bjornulf (bv)
IORR Editor

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-29 11:10 by bv.

Date: September 29, 2010 11:16

Amsterdamned
SwayStones
Amsterdamned
dcba

confused smiley

Who,me ?
Kasparov was perhaps the greatest tactician of all time.

dcba in the first place.

[/quote]

No doubt about who´s the best, is it? And he´s a little kid from Norway winking smiley

Date: September 29, 2010 14:01

DandelionPowderman
Amsterdamned
SwayStones
Amsterdamned
dcba

confused smiley

Who,me ?
Kasparov was perhaps the greatest tactician of all time.

dcba in the first place.

No doubt about who´s the best, is it? And he´s a little kid from Norway winking smiley[/quote]

Magnus indeed.
I visit the chorus chess tournament every year.I hope he kicks ass again like he did last year.He's going to be the new Fischer or Kasparov..
The guy is a true genius.Someone your country can be proud of!! thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home