Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Dylan Street Legal 1999 Re-Mix on Vinyl???
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: July 11, 2010 16:42

Can anybody tell me if Don Devitos 1999 remix of this great album has ever been issued on vinyl? I know simply vinyl did a re-issue a few years back but I'm not sure which mix they used. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Vudicus.

Re: OT: Dylan Street Legal 1999 Re-Mix on Vinyl???
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 11, 2010 16:43

I'm interested in this, as well; I've been thinking about getting a new Street Legal release on vinyl, since the old one sounds so muffled. But never knew if there were any 1999 remaster vinyl release.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: July 11, 2010 21:19

i think, if memory serves me well, there was one. these editions in the heavy plastic slip with the silver sticker on

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: July 12, 2010 08:36

I don't have an answer but, anyone know the story behind those two inner sleeve photos? Who is he with and what is he trying to convey? It looks like some shady nightclub drug deal or something (or maybe I'm just projecing). The cover itself is also wide-open to interpretation. It all lends itself to SL being perhaps his densest, most obtuse statement.

Date: July 18, 2010 01:24

BUMP!

I'd like to know for certain the answer of question being raised - "Street Legal" is one of the 3 records I couldn't do without, all artists taken in consideration, and the (original) vinyl release sucks, soundwise

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: July 18, 2010 02:17

I never really got into that one, maybe because I only have the original issue but I'm pretty sure the new mix for Street Legal was used on the 1999 vinyl version from "Simply vinyl". They also issued few other Dylan titles, like Oh Mercy, on heavyweight vinyl. I believe they're very nice, but hard to get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-18 02:17 by Hillside Blues.

Date: July 18, 2010 03:07

Thanks HillsideBlues, yes those "simply vinyl" releases of 2000 were really nice.
Yet, I'd like to get a definate answer on this question, as this record is mighty important to me....and I've bought enough "mistake" releases allready

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: July 18, 2010 03:28

Yeah, been there. I don't think you'll get 100% answer unless you talk to someone who actually has this release.

You can check out this link on discogs. You'll find some information there.
[www.discogs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-18 03:29 by Hillside Blues.

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: July 18, 2010 11:42

While we're on the subject of Street Legal, would anyone be willing to tell me what the heck the song "Senor" is all about?

Its awesome, but incredibly cryptic (even by Dylan standards)...

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 18, 2010 20:10

Why donĀ“t you try the Dylanforum at Expecting Rain:

[expectingrain.com]

Date: January 4, 2012 13:09

Hillside Blues
Yeah, been there. I don't think you'll get 100% answer unless you talk to someone who actually has this release.

You can check out this link on discogs. You'll find some information there.
[www.discogs.com]

Thanks, Hillside Blues

But since the Simply Vinyl release is now impossible to find, I was wondering if anybody has got the recent vinyl release from.....2009 or so, the only pressing after "Simply Vinyl"s release of the early 2000s.
I'm thinking about buying this, but I'm not gonna spend 50 dollars on this, unless I know if the quality is the same as the old (poor) vinyl press of 1978.

Thanks, if somebody is able to help.

Posted by: rowley ()
Date: January 4, 2012 15:49

If memory serves, that's George Benson with him on one of the inner sleeve photos.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: January 4, 2012 15:53

Interesting, I still prefer the sludgy old vinyl of this release to the CD. It gives it a rainy day sourness that I like about certain 70s productions. Classic examples are Iggy Pop Kill City and all the Bowie releases on RCA (expecially Diamond Dogs and Young Americans) its part of the gloom of the oil crisis times smiling smiley and how those records really sounded on a cheap stereo when they were released.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: January 5, 2012 10:48

Maybe ask on the Steve Hoffman forums, people there are quite knowledgable about such things.

As a Dylan vinyl collector myself, I'd be interested to know if there has been an issue of this since the Simply Vinyl one - I don't recall ever seeing it if it has...

Date: January 5, 2012 13:37

jammingedward
As a Dylan vinyl collector myself, I'd be interested to know if there has been an issue of this since the Simply Vinyl one - I don't recall ever seeing it if it has...

It seems that I was incorrect. It's basically a new pressing of the 2000 release, on "Simply Vinyl", I understand. I was confused, because there's no "simply vinyl" sticker on the cover, but instead one of them "MusicOnVinyl.com"-stickers

But anyway; even though you all say that the "Simply Vinyl" release is great sounding......would you know if they use the 1999 REMIX (as released on CD), or if they only brightened up the "vinyl mix" for their release. As you know...."Street Legal" (1999) wasn't just "remastered", but "remixed"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-05 14:08 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: January 6, 2012 11:54

I have the Simply Vinyl and I don't think it's the 1999 version as I heard New Pony was longer.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: January 6, 2012 13:18

Date: January 6, 2012 14:21

Cool site! I found out my copy is the Dutch 1978, my copy has not only the inner sleeve but also a lyric sheet not mentioned on this site,I wonder if its a rarity smiling smiley

Date: January 6, 2012 14:34

Nice when you find out your Dylan albums are all first pressings smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1592
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home