Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1969 Tour Attendance
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 20, 2010 02:11

I was just wondering what the total amount of ticket that were sold for the shows?
I figured 22 shows (not including Altamont) at roughly 13,000 per show. The old arenas like The Spectrum did not hold the 18000 like they do today. No tix behind the stage either. So we are looking at around 290,000 people. Not much by todays standards. Any thoughts?

Re: 1969 Tour Attendance
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 20, 2010 02:20

23 shows I make it. I'd imagine the Miami Pop Festival one was bigger than the arena sized venues as it was an outdoor gig, but some of the places they played seem to be 'halls' at university campuses.

Smaller arenas than now, sure - but unlike Stones arena shows these days, you'd have had the fans on the floor instead of being seated (plus no b stages to eat up the capacity even more), so somewhere like Baltimore Civic Center or MSG, where they played in '69 and in '06 would have had more fans in attendance in '69 than they did on the last tour.

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 20, 2010 15:16

When i see the MSG pictures it looks like it wasn't sold out.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 20, 2010 15:34

behroez
When i see the MSG pictures it looks like it wasn't sold out.

well i think this is because people were meant to be seated...yet jumped up off their seats and stormed the stage...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home