Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A,B,C & D of Boogie Woogie last in Munich
Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: January 13, 2010 19:23

It was a fantastic night of Boogie Woogie and Blues tunes. When I read the reports of the performances in Prague and Bad Ischl I have to say that I'm sure musicians and audience enjoyed the performance like the nights before. They performed appr. 50 minutes, than one hour break and then another great more than 1,5 hours. Charlie was smiling the whole evening! Unfortunately it was not possible to get some stuff signed by Charlie, because they left the stage right after the performance.
The restaurant in the GOP Theater was reserved for the musicians and about 10-15 people waited before the entrance Charlie and Co. to leave the restaurant. Security told us that they will most likeley leave the Theater to the Hotel right away because they were really tired. After waiting one hour I left the Theater at 0.30am because I had to get up very early this morning for a business trip. Don't know if other guys had more luck. Even without getting some stuff signed it was a great night! Good to see Charlie such a good shape.
They had two special guests at the end of the show. Nina Michelle, a young tall blond jazz singer, and someone special: Pete York, former Spencer Davis Group drummer. He performed one blues song and played together with Charlie on his drums!!!

If you have the chance to see the A,B,C & of Booie Woogie, go there and enjoy it!

Re: A,B,C & D of Boogie Woogie last in Munich
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 13, 2010 20:17

Pete York is a great guy and a fantastic drummer!
Thanks for reviewing the night!

Date: January 13, 2010 21:57

Charlie, Dave & the young tall blond jazz singer ...

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: January 13, 2010 22:46

child-of-the-moon

Charlie, Dave & the young tall blond jazz singer ...

Pete York was somewhere too. Would be great to hear Gimme Some Lovin with half a dozen pianos!!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 13, 2010 22:50

Sounds like a really good time. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: January 13, 2010 23:19

thanks for your report from munich. great, you had also a good time .

Date: January 13, 2010 23:25

Thanks Austrianstones. Of course we had a very good time yesterday in Munich with Charlie and Pete York on drums.

Yesterday Charlie drummed with Pete York from the Spencer Davis Group in Munich.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home