Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13
Re: I 've just listened PLUNDERED MY SOUL on Classic 21 !
Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 13:11

Thanks for posting the youtube link Ket!

For what my opinion's worth, I really like it. Clearly sub par compared to the originally released tracks which is why it never made it in the first place. But great never the less and it feels like Exile - just revisited circa 2010.

Mick's vocal sound forced though - like he's trying too hard (same as in the SOL movie). Mick Taylor's guitar sounds as lovely as it always did. I love what they've done with the drum sound. I'd imagine they won't have given quite the same treatment to the drums on the actual album as it would veer to far from the original feel.

Does anyone know is that a new Keith acoustic guitar track (or maybe Mick J?)

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: April 16, 2010 13:22

Wuudy
klrkcr
its the first release from them in 5 years

Wow, has it been 5 years already?!?!?!?!!?!!!

Yeah Wuudy 5 years, the older ya get- the quicker they go.I feel this is gonna be a great Stones year for fans.After this new release- I cannot wait for the Exile reissue and hearing the new tracks- might tell the missus Im going into hibernatiion when I get it, and Ill see her and my son in about 6 months!!!Seriously this is something no-one knew was coming a year ago,its the Stones and we still have them,I hope people are enjoying this.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 13:31

Roll73
Does anyone know is that a new Keith acoustic guitar track (or maybe Mick J?)

to me this acoustic guitar sounds new and keith 12 fret small acoustic style.
don´t like this acoustic guitar bit. and mick is a bit too forced but good.

other than that i like the song. charlies drums sound good too.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 16, 2010 13:47

Rockman
What I don't get is all the negative responses here.

yeah but even about 3 months ago it was so friggin' easy ta spot
the grannies who were gonna condemn upon release .... God even Blind Freddie coulda spotted 'em .....

yup....time to celebrate..this release is great...the song is even better....loving it.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: April 16, 2010 14:26

ok...after a good listen a few times...

Think it starts like a Jagger solo single (excentuated by his vocals), then meshes into an It's Only Rock & Roll session outtake, then into an Exile song (ala TD, Shine a Light). Simple song carried by Taylor's smooth/perfect guitar IMO.

Alot better than what I have heard in the past decade or so...impressed.

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 14:44

mickijaggeroo
For those who missed out on this, I´ll play the official release on my radio show tomorrow night, see: [www.iorr.org]
Didn't miss it but I was trying to win the games there (won nothing, of course...). Will listen to your radio though, but after the Ronnie Wood Show. Thanks! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-16 14:58 by FolkyFireKitten1.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 16, 2010 15:43

FolkyFireKitten1 ,you've got mail smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 16, 2010 16:03

At about the 3:24 mark of the 9mb version, Jagger's vocal part is a little lower in the mix. From this point on, that vocal part sounds like it could be younger Mick circa Exile. Of course the falsetto stuff over it is new, but this part seems much less like his current, affected style than the rest of the vocals.

I like the track. Yeah, it's a weird mix of old and new, but what the hell! I would rather have it than not have it, and the song does have a great Stones vibe. I hope the other new-old tracks are this good, but good without as much obvious additions!

Ross

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 16:38

SwayStones
FolkyFireKitten1 ,you've got mail smiling smiley
Thank you for your gift! winking smiley

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: April 16, 2010 16:42

I LOVE THIS SONG A WHOLE LOT!!! I just love it very much. I could eat it.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: April 16, 2010 17:03

Wow. That is FANTASTIC.

That backing track is excellent, nice vocals from Jagger. Very Exile-y, even down to the female backing vocals. I love it.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 16, 2010 17:05

sweetcharmedlife
StonesTod
a buddy just sent me the mp3 - got thru maybe 15-20 seconds and had to turn it off. OMG! There oughta be a law...exactly what I was afraid of with these new Mick vocals - the 1972 Mick Jagger should sue the 2010 Mick Jagger....
I may not be the greatest gambler in the world at times. But I'd have bet a million dollars you'd say that. Your mind was made up 5 years ago.

that's not true. i am very open-minded about all music. this one sucks because mick puts a phoney-baloney affected vocal on it - pure and simple. he's had a few moments of brilliant singing in recent decades - this ain't one of them. i'd rather have heard the unfinished song. but, as always, i appreciate your fixation with me....

Date: April 16, 2010 17:08

Wuudy
This is what we have been asking for for years, that they open the faults and release songs that we never heard before.

this may be what YOU have been asking for - but i dare say many of us have not. open the vaults fine - but don't plunder them. i'm disgusted with this track. shame on them.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: April 16, 2010 17:41

I LOVE it - Long Live the STONES.

Posted by: Edward Berger ()
Date: April 16, 2010 17:45

The original PMS + All down the line freshly mixed is on Itunes Europe.

Great.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 16, 2010 17:48

I like it. I hate the mix, but what can you do - Mick has stated on more than one occasion that he'd like to remix Exile (presumably to bring the vocals more forward). Otherwise, I think it's a great track. Looking forward to the rest.

One question - is it really the album version of ADTL on the "b-side"? Does that mean that the acoustic version is NOT getting an official release? That's too bad; I would like to hear it in studio quality.

Posted by: thamasterrr18 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 18:12

the Plundered My Soul version on the radio yesterday is a different mix than the released i-tunes version. Mick Taylor's guitar is mixed right on the radio version, and on the i-tunes version he is mixed center, with an acoustic right.

is there a place where i can get the radio version? (not the mp3 rip-off the radio but a clean version, maybe it is the album mix on exile???)

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: April 16, 2010 19:58

Thank you very much for sending me the song, but can someone send me the 9 mb version to a.sladoljev@gmail.com
Thanks!

Date: April 16, 2010 19:59

thamasterrr18
the Plundered My Soul version on the radio yesterday is a different mix than the released i-tunes version. Mick Taylor's guitar is mixed right on the radio version, and on the i-tunes version he is mixed center, with an acoustic right.

is there a place where i can get the radio version? (not the mp3 rip-off the radio but a clean version, maybe it is the album mix on exile???)

Oh....I haven't listened to the i-tunes version .
Which version (mp3/4 or whatever ) did you get ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-16 20:02 by SwayStones.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: April 16, 2010 20:00

btw, I love the song!

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 20:02

Uplifting, hypnotic, groovy.... I have to put it on again!!

Posted by: thamasterrr18 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 20:15

SwayStones
thamasterrr18

The version from classic21 radio yesterday (9mb) vs the released i-tunes single version...the mix is different!

Date: April 17, 2010 17:56

thamasterrr18
SwayStones
thamasterrr18

I get it now.I hadn't heard the i-tunes version .
The version from classic21 radio yesterday (9mb) vs the released i-tunes single version...the mix is different!

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: April 17, 2010 18:23

OneHit
Wow. That is FANTASTIC.

That backing track is excellent, nice vocals from Jagger. Very Exile-y, even down to the female backing vocals. I love it.

I just love the lyrics .I like the song that I find kind of hypnotic .The more I listen to it and the more I like it,except the chorus (Mick's voice is too overdo....

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 17, 2010 19:06

Just listened to it. My first impression is that it is a Stones song at a 100%.Nothing original about that statement. Whatelse ? Please to hear something new !!!!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 17, 2010 19:57

otonneau
OK I'll eat my hat - listened to it again on youtube and am indeed enjoying it more and more. Good stuff. Even the repetitive structure works for me now, sort of a Dylan-like song played by the Stones. And I am getting seriously into Jagger's vocals. At first they felt forced, but now I feel real edge (not artificial snarl); how he sings "loving", with the voice sometimes cracking, sometimes loosing itself upwards, sometimes just a little below the right note, is fragile, moving - very effective. Oh Mick!

Interesting you mentioned Dylan. The meter of the verse is virtually the same as Dylan's "You Go Your Way And I'll Go Mine". The meter, not necessarily the melody. I think it's very cool.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 17, 2010 20:07

i used a vocal remover on the song and while i'm no expert but the remaining music sounds like something from black and blue era but no matter when recorded i still love the song

Date: April 17, 2010 20:12

ghostryder13
i used a vocal remover on the song and while i'm no expert but the remaining music sounds like something from black and blue era but no matter when recorded i still love the song

a vocal remover? i want one! i could use it on a lot of stones songs from the past few albums...

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 17, 2010 20:30

it's not a perfect tool, it removes the center of a stereo track so you lose the vocals and everything else in the center audacity is a free program that can do it
[audacity.sourceforge.net]
[audacity.sourceforge.net]

Date: April 17, 2010 20:34

thanks. sorta like taking my stones cds to get their vocal chords removed....i guess i will have the sense of mick opening his mouth but nothing coming out...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home