Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: WHY does ANY artist do this? Do they SERIOUSLY think ANYONE wants to hear this?
Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: March 17, 2010 23:41

I could not disagree more! I have lots of outtakes - and apparently
the best ones too from what I see other people think - but I never
play them, they're just not sufficiently interesting. So ; I want the
polished stuff! New vocals on an old riff with potential sounds just
great! We should be eternally grateful to the Stones for bothering to
finish these old recordings.

Re: WHY does ANY artist do this? Do they SERIOUSLY think ANYONE wants to hear this?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2010 23:46

Incredible ! We have been asking for them to look in the vaults for years.......the 1st time they do AND take the time to finish tracks off, they get slated for it before we have heard a note !

YEP!!! BUT get prepared because the ones who have been screeeeming for the
vaults to be opened will be the biggest bunch of moaning sooks when Exile Deluxe is released

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StrawberryFields ()
Date: March 18, 2010 00:00

YES - it is the first time I fully & truly agree with the Stones, because there really are LOTS of things that waited 40 long years to be changed & improved there, now Im saying: better late than never!

Frankly, Ive expected from them to rearrange the Exile into some kind of maxi single for obvious reasons, yet they even added some more tracks, isnt that funny ;*)

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 18, 2010 00:32

saulsurvivor
The Stones can do whatever they fuc*ing want to "Exile". It's theirs, in every sense of the word.

You people have some serious control issues. What makes any of you think that your opinion could possibly matter in this situation? Did you write the music on "Exile"? Did you play an instrument, or two? Did you tour with the band to promote the album?

You are fans. Pure and simple. Your opinion means jack sh*t.

And so does yours.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 18, 2010 00:35

"YEP!!! BUT get prepared because the ones who have been screeeeming for the
vaults to be opened will be the biggest bunch of moaning sooks when Exile Deluxe is released"

Exactly!

In a way I dread the release cause there's a few here that are simply waiting to get all worked up and find the smallest thing they can gripe about.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 18, 2010 00:51

slew
Let's reserve judgement until we HEAT IT!!!! Come on!

Really? "HEAT IT?"

eye rolling smileyRe: WHY does ANY artist do this? Do they SERIOUSLY think ANYONE wants to hear this?
Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: March 18, 2010 01:22

Lukester
slew
Let's reserve judgement until we HEAT IT!!!! Come on!

Really? "HEAT IT?"

One of Michael Jackson's biggest hits.eye rolling smiley

Date: March 18, 2010 01:31

skipstone
tatters
ajc68
tatters
They're presenting them under the title Exile On Main Street, which implicitly implies a 1972 vintage.

...and yet the true fans that this is targeted at know what's going on here. And those that don't will when "Plunder my Soul" is released a full month before the Deluxe Edition. And for those living in a cave I'm sure there will be a sticker on the CD explaining the contents. Some people are waaaaaaaay over thinking this or are just too nitpicky.

The sticker's not going to say that some of the tracks feature a 27-year-old Keith and a 66-year old Mick. I'm not AS bothered by instrumental overdubs, but I don't see how you can put the VOICE of a 66-year-old Mick on anything that's being released under the title Exile On Main Street. Better to have just left them without any vocals at all. What's wrong with instrumentals? Nothing, that's what.

Fortunately it's not going to be Exile On Main Street but obviously on a second disc. There is zero confusion with that.

So, if a DVD called The Godfather Deluxe were to be released, and it came packaged with a bonus disc of previously unreleased scenes that had been left out of the original film because Francis Ford Coppola had been unhappy with Al Pacino's performance, or felt that the scenes were somehow "unfinished", and that now, through the magic of Hollywood, Pacino had been able to go back and finish these scenes, so that we now see a SEVENTY-year-old Al Pacino interacting onscreen with his OLDER brother Sonny, filmed in 1972 and played by the 32-year-old James Caan, that would be okay?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-18 02:02 by tatters.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 18, 2010 02:48

spot on, tatters, spot on smiling smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 18, 2010 03:02

again, the issue is integrity....

Date: March 18, 2010 03:03

How about The Graduate Deluxe? With seventy-two-year-old Dustin Hoffman as Mrs. Robinson's shy, nervous, inexperienced young lover? "It's not the same thing!" I hear some of you say. Wrong. It IS the same thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-18 03:04 by tatters.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 18, 2010 03:14

tatters
How about The Graduate Deluxe? With seventy-two-year-old Dustin Hoffman as Mrs. Robinson's shy, nervous, inexperienced young lover? "It's not the same thing!" I hear some of you say. Wrong. It IS the same thing.

It's not the same thing.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 18, 2010 04:15

why isn't it the same thing?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 18, 2010 04:15

71Tele
tatters

It's not the same thing.

but, it's not that far off....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 18, 2010 05:00

Because...it's better than riding a roller coaster? Free tickets to...John Mayer? Gee, I dunno....because they haven't messed with "the holy grail" itself?

THEY aren't calling it a new album. So no big deal. Ain't the same Tatters. These have never been out. Big difference.

But hey! Wow man! You don't have to get it! Don't buy it!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 18, 2010 14:29

JMARKO
NEW vocals on "Exile" session material? And guitar overdubs?

Total SHITE!

LEAVE IT ALONE!

From the circulating outtakes/alternates there are PLENTY of different vocal performances (Sweet Virginia, Hip Shake, All Down The Line etc.).

And NEWLY WRITTEN LYRICS? PLEASE give me a HUGE break!

This will sound 100% TERRIBLE!

J

I'm with J here...

Let's hope to God that we don't hear any trace of Jagger's modern-day (stinkin)vocals on the "mona lisa" of tracks... backups - I can live with, but lead vocals ??
These are Exile tracks from 1971/72 from the vaults, leave them as-is....with some quality in the production added.
But perhaps modern techniques can blend a man's voice from 2010 to 1972-era ?? I doubt it - ha!

Re: eye rolling smileyRe: WHY does ANY artist do this? Do they SERIOUSLY think ANYONE wants to hear this?
Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 20, 2010 17:45

Okay, okay!! I did not proof read!

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: March 20, 2010 18:12

bernardanderson
why isn't it the same thing?

because movies and music are different art forms.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home