Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 26
Re: EXILE press release says ten new tracks
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 26, 2010 22:52

I don't get what the excitement is all about?,Finally Mick and Keith realized that they can't write good material anymore,so they go back almost 40 years to have something new to lay on us and to charge us a huge amount of money for stuff that has been available on bootlegs for a long time,l do like the idea of opening the vaults,but leave it as it was,don't be updating it,with new technology,and Don Was and his shit,imo this shows that the creative juices of the band have dried up.
And the video included,90% of it already has been seen by fans..
Anyway l will wait till this opus is in the discount bins,and then l will buy it,or better still, get it in the Net..
The title "Ten new tracks" is BS..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Bitch2 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 23:18

Agree, what a bunch of crap this is, when are they making some efford into the vault stuff?

Re: new rollingstone.com article: Unearthed Rolling Stones Tracks Set to Debut on “Exile on Main Street” Reissue
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 23:21

theimposter
skipstone
Ya think Keith added his same three notes over and over solo to anything? Ha ha...

Hahahaha. I needed a chuckle.

incidentally, I am just as curious to hear the alternate Soul Survivor. It's one of my top 20 favorite Stones tracks and I have always wondered about the existence of 'bootleg' versions. Hope it's something like a demo or alternate take and not just, say, the existing version with a louder tambourine or something lame like that.

It's the original basic track with Keith's guide vocal.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 26, 2010 23:25

ROPENI
I don't get what the excitement is all about?,Finally Mick and Keith realized that they can't write good material anymore,so they go back almost 40 years to have something new to lay on us and to charge us a huge amount of money for stuff that has been available on bootlegs for a long time,l do like the idea of opening the vaults,but leave it as it was,don't be updating it,with new technology,and Don Was and his shit,imo this shows that the creative juices of the band have dried up.
Anyway l will wait till this opus is in the discount bins,and then l will buy it,or better still, get it in the Net..

as a longtime fellow whiner, i completely concur....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 26, 2010 23:40

StonesTod
ROPENI

Oh Yea of little faith...

as a longtime fellow whiner, i completely concur....

Posted by: stillife ()
Date: February 26, 2010 23:41

now they can tour behind a new albumsmiling smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 27, 2010 00:52

skipstone
At least they didn't mess with the album.

If the remastering is anything like what they did to Sticky Fingers and GHS, they may very well have messed with it a great deal.

Date: February 27, 2010 00:56

tomcat 6
Just had an e mail about pre order of the Exile reissue, details pasted in below.

The new 2010 versions of 'Exile on Main Street' will be available in two CD formats: the original 18 track release; a deluxe CD edition with the 10 special bonus tracks; and a super deluxe package that also includes vinyl, a 30-minute documentary DVD with footage from C#*ksucker Blues, Ladies and Gentlemen. the Rolling Stones and Stones in Exile, and a 50-page collector's book with photos from the Exile era. The 10 unreleased tracks were produced by Jimmy Miller, The Glimmer Twins and Don Was. Click on the following links for all the info. including tracklistings and to 'pre-order': 1) CD for £11.99 2) 2CD Deluxe for £14.99 3) 2 x Vinyl LP for £14.99 and 4) Super Deluxe Box Set for £99.99

How much is that in U.S. dollars?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 27, 2010 00:57

It's NEVER good enough for some people. Same story for The Beatles remasters. Always the same shit. Get your heads out your asses.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: February 27, 2010 00:58

JumpingKentFlash
It's NEVER good enough for some people. Same story for The Beatles remasters. Always the same shit. Get your heads out your asses.

No complaints about the Beatles remasters here, Kent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-27 01:10 by tatters.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: February 27, 2010 01:01

100 quid for the Super Deluxe? Pass. A 30 minute DVD sounds underwhelming, just like the GYYYO effort. I'll watch it on TV and get the cheap double CD set. However I'll rethink my purchasing strategy if the DVD is a 30 minute documentary AND L&G and CS Blues footage.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 27, 2010 01:02

JumpingKentFlash

you'll make such a loving husband...

Date: February 27, 2010 01:06

WMiller
tatters
tatters
Richards said that he was hesitant to tamper with history: "I really wanted to leave them pretty much as they were. I didn't want to interfere with the Bible, you know. They still had that great basement sound."

They still HAD that great basement sound? So now they DON'T? He should have left them EXACTLY as they were, not "pretty much" as they were. But we'll see. I'll try and pretend there aren't any overdubs when I listen to it. All in all, exciting, or at least, interesting news.

Am I reading Keith's statement correctly? Is he saying they still had that great basement sound EVEN AFTER the overdubs were recorded? Or is he saying that great basement sound was there BEFORE the overdubs were recorded, and was somehow LOST during the overdubbing process?

My take is that he's saying that they still had that "basement" sound prior to touching them and that his objective was for them to still have it when they were finished.

Yes, presumably that was his objective, but I'm a little concerned that he doesn't say whether or not he was successful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-27 01:09 by tatters.

Date: February 27, 2010 01:07

JumpingKentFlash

Ok Massa l will do just what you ordered..confused smiley

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: February 27, 2010 01:09

JumpingKentFlash
That's the Kent i remember Keep it up JKF

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: February 27, 2010 01:31

tatters
tomcat 6
Just had an e mail about pre order of the Exile reissue, details pasted in below.

The new 2010 versions of 'Exile on Main Street' will be available in two CD formats: the original 18 track release; a deluxe CD edition with the 10 special bonus tracks; and a super deluxe package that also includes vinyl, a 30-minute documentary DVD with footage from C#*ksucker Blues, Ladies and Gentlemen. the Rolling Stones and Stones in Exile, and a 50-page collector's book with photos from the Exile era. The 10 unreleased tracks were produced by Jimmy Miller, The Glimmer Twins and Don Was. Click on the following links for all the info. including tracklistings and to 'pre-order': 1) CD for £11.99 2) 2CD Deluxe for £14.99 3) 2 x Vinyl LP for £14.99 and 4) Super Deluxe Box Set for £99.99

About $150,- us dollars for the superduperdeluxeset

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: February 27, 2010 01:34

I wonder if they'll play any of the 10 new songs on the next tour. Possible?

Date: February 27, 2010 01:37

I hope so, why not let the babys grown live on stage.

Date: February 27, 2010 01:39

"About $150,- us dollars for the superduperdeluxeset."

The greed of the Stones never ceases to amaze me.
Since they couldn't do the tour and stick us with $500.00 per seat, they had to come out with this.
l just love Capitalism...hot smiley

Date: February 27, 2010 01:43

wild_horse_pete
tatters
tomcat 6

About $150,- us dollars for the superduperdeluxeset

I guess it's a lot less than a super deluxe Rolling Stones concert ticket. That's the funny thing. People thought nothing of spending $450 to SEE them, but didn't bother spending $10 for a copy of ABB.

Date: February 27, 2010 01:46

The stones don`t make the prices you know that, it is all ready discussed hear on the board.
No artist make ticket prices or cd prices, and $150,- is not that much (i hope so for you).smiling smiley

Date: February 27, 2010 01:47

StonesBlake
I wonder if they'll play any of the 10 new songs on the next tour. Possible?

I'm really beginning to think there won't be any more tours. That's why they're doing this (opening the vaults) instead. I know they could do BOTH at the same time, but I really don't think that's going to be the case.

Date: February 27, 2010 01:57

ROPENI
"About $150,- us dollars for the superduperdeluxeset."

The greed of the Stones never ceases to amaze me.
Since they couldn't do the tour and stick us with $500.00 per seat, they had to come out with this.
l just love Capitalism...hot smiley

This isn't about greed. Considering that they will probably only sell around 3,000 copies of the super deluxe worldwide (a wild guess, but wait and see, I bet I'm not far off), they probably HAVE to charge that much just to cover the expenses involed in doing a project like this. They're not going to be raking in huge profits with this. They can make more money doing ONE concert than they will make from the sales of Exile Deluxe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-27 01:59 by tatters.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 27, 2010 01:59

tatters
WMiller
tatters
tatters
Richards said that he was hesitant to tamper with history: "I really wanted to leave them pretty much as they were. I didn't want to interfere with the Bible, you know. They still had that great basement sound."

They still HAD that great basement sound? So now they DON'T? He should have left them EXACTLY as they were, not "pretty much" as they were. But we'll see. I'll try and pretend there aren't any overdubs when I listen to it. All in all, exciting, or at least, interesting news.

Am I reading Keith's statement correctly? Is he saying they still had that great basement sound EVEN AFTER the overdubs were recorded? Or is he saying that great basement sound was there BEFORE the overdubs were recorded, and was somehow LOST during the overdubbing process?

My take is that he's saying that they still had that "basement" sound prior to touching them and that his objective was for them to still have it when they were finished.

Yes, presumably that was his objective, but I'm a little concerned that he doesn't say whether or not he was successful.

his statement is meaningless. It's just his half of the PR for the album, which is the conservative side: don't mess with the Bible. mick's half is to say, we had to bring the songs up to date somewhat.

Date: February 27, 2010 02:05

wild_horse_pete
The stones don`t make the prices you know that, it is all ready discussed hear on the board.
No artist make ticket prices or cd prices, and $150,- is not that much (i hope so for you).smiling smiley

With all due respect,l have to disagree with you,Bands of the statue of the Stones DO have a saying on ticket prices,and releases,but that's for another thread.
And yes, l can afford $150.00,but will not pay that much for a cd that l already have,the 10 "new tracks" also have been around in their original form for many years,and so have L&G,AND Co blues, so what l am paying $150.00 for? a couple of new Keith licks?,10 minutes of video,that may be in youtube,and some 40 year pictures? No l won't..
But those of you that are willing to pay that amount all l can say is God Bless..

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 27, 2010 02:17

ROPENI

With all due respect,l have to disagree with you,Bands of the statue of the Stones DO have a saying on ticket prices,and releases,but that's for another thread.
And yes, l can afford $150.00,but will not pay that much for a cd that l already have,the 10 "new tracks" also have been around in their original form for many years,and so have L&G,AND Co blues, so what l am paying $150.00 for? a couple of new Keith licks?,10 minutes of video,that may be in youtube,and some 40 year pictures? No l won't..
But those of you that are willing to pay that amount all l can say is God Bless..

I won't buy it either, also not because I can't afford it, but exactly because of the reasons you mention.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: February 27, 2010 02:24

cc
many of the new titles seem to be coming from mick's latter-day "spiritual" vibe. "Dancing Into the Light," "Plunder My Soul," "Follow the River,"... very Bridges/Goddess-sounding.

..."Dancing Into The Light" - isn't that "Dancing In The Light", the instrumental from the "Trident Mixes" boot? I know it's usually believed to have been recorded for Sticky Fingers, but judging from the instrumentation I'm not so shure...

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: February 27, 2010 02:36

2 discs, a dvd, vinyl, and 50 page book (or is it booklet?) for $150?!?! let's be reasonable here. the 8 disc cd version of Neil Young's Archives Vol.1 is selling on Amazon for $89.99. there's no way the super deluxe edition should cost more than 100 dollars.

Date: February 27, 2010 02:42

bernardanderson
2 discs, a dvd, vinyl, and 50 page book (or is it booklet?) for $150?!?! let's be reasonable here. the 8 disc cd version of Neil Young's Archives Vol.1 is selling on Amazon for $89.99. there's no way the super deluxe edition should cost more than 100 dollars.

But what if the book were to be bound in the finest Corinthian leather?

Date: February 27, 2010 02:51

I miss the days when you could get into a band like the Stones or the Who or Led Zeppelin and go out and buy ALL of their albums for less than it will cost to own the coffee table version of Exile.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1456
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home