Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 26
Re: new rollingstone.com article: Unearthed Rolling Stones Tracks Set to Debut on “Exile on Main Street” Reissue
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 26, 2010 00:09

Richards says, “I must not have noticed all the cameramen while I was making the record. I was amazed at how much footage they actually found.”

Any speculation what this could be besides the obvious CS Blues and Ladies And Gentleman? More Robert Frank footage? Private film from Nellcote?

Re: new rollingstone.com article: Unearthed Rolling Stones Tracks Set to Debut on “Exile on Main Street” Reissue
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 00:44

Really looking forward to this release , hope the results are as good as the build up . Fingers crossed !!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 26, 2010 00:46

Knee bucklin' stuff .... Bring it on

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 01:17

Rocky Dijon
So it appears we're getting on the bonus disc:

1.) Plundered My Soul
2.) Following the River
3.) Pass the Wine (wt: Sophia Loren)
4.) Scarlet
5.) I Ain't Signifying
6.) Dancing in the Light
7.) Aladdin Stomp (aka Aladdin Story)
8.) Good Time Women (early version of Tumbling Dice)
9.) Lovin' Cup (aka Gimme a Lil' Drink)
10.) Soul Survivor (Keith guide vocal)
11.) Get a Line On You (early version of Shine a Light - previously released)

But there's only 10 tracks according to the media release.

And what about...

Exile on Main St. Blues (flexi-single)
Potted Shrimp (rumored to be from GHS sessions?)
Leather Jacket
All Down The Line (acoustic)

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 01:18

This sounds great, but if Don Was is involved like the RS.com article says, don't get your hopes up on anything sounding that great. That moron can suck the life out of anything.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: February 26, 2010 01:56

boogie1969
This sounds great, but if Don Was is involved like the RS.com article says, don't get your hopes up on anything sounding that great. That moron can suck the life out of anything.
don was = epic fail

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 26, 2010 02:11

Wow! Great...but no mention of the Mick Taylor overdubs. Hopefully they made the cut. Interesting that Jagger would write new lyrics and do new vocals on tracks this old. AND at least some L&G footage and making of doc. What's to complain about? This is fantastic news.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 26, 2010 02:30

71Tele
Wow! Great...but no mention of the Mick Taylor overdubs. Hopefully they made the cut. Interesting that Jagger would write new lyrics and do new vocals on tracks this old. AND at least some L&G footage and making of doc. What's to complain about? This is fantastic news.

I'm not complaining, but that's because I have no expectationswinking smiley

L&G? I have it already, don't think they'll present anything better than I already have as for live stuff from the STP.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 26, 2010 03:06

it sounds very interesting but i will keep my eyes and ears in their sockets until after i purchase it

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 03:15

Really anxious to see it. It´s an amazing news!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 26, 2010 03:27

kleermaker
71Tele

L&G? I have it already, don't think they'll present anything better than I already have as for live stuff from the STP.

Well, I will complain a little about Don Was being involved.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 26, 2010 03:28

WaaaHOO!! 5/17 is 3 days after my 38th b-day! Thanks M+K!! 10 songs. I can't bloody wait! Best news ever.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: February 26, 2010 03:33

"Any speculation what this could be besides the obvious CS Blues and Ladies And Gentleman? More Robert Frank footage? Private film from Nellcote?"

Montreux Rehearsals - The Beat Club '72 special?
JJ Flash from the Montreal Forum (Canadian tv)?
The L&G outtakes (Happy, All Down The Line & Midnight Rambler already in circulation)?
The Dick Cavett Show '72?
US & Canadian tv news reports?
Definitely the newly found Robert Frank super 8 footage

Date: February 26, 2010 03:37

Jagger and Keith unearth unreleased Exile songs;not 1 but 10 - jammed on them a bit; going to put it out with a DVD of those days, a book - it's great f*xkin news. Of course.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: February 26, 2010 03:42

This is some of the best news ever. I cannot believe it. Ten new songs from the Golden Era of the Stones!I can't wait to hear new mesmerizing riffs from Keef.

My guess is that they will release another new CD in the fall of 2011, which will be the backbone of the new tour. Here is a good title for the new tour. After 40 years, it was 40 Licks. What about..........................................

FIFTY PICKS

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 26, 2010 03:54

Well, I for one think this is great news and get tired of all "pissin and moanin" of some on here!I guess Don Was knows how to do SOMETHING right or so many people wouldnt employ him. I would rather have Jimmy Miller involved but obviously that cant happen and since when did ANYTHING get past Mick without him approving of the way it sounds. So to the naysayers "QUIT SH*TTING IN OUR POST TOASTIES" and let the rest of us enjoy it!!!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 26, 2010 04:17

In the beginning , it was 3 unreleased songs, now it's ten and I expected 11 !
It could have been worse.
Of course it's a great news, can't wait to hear that stuff.

HMN

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 04:17

Rocky Dijon
So it appears we're getting on the bonus disc:

1.) Plundered My Soul
2.) Following the River
3.) Pass the Wine (wt: Sophia Loren)
4.) Scarlet
5.) I Ain't Signifying
6.) Dancing in the Light
7.) Aladdin Stomp (aka Aladdin Story)
8.) Good Time Women (early version of Tumbling Dice)
9.) Lovin' Cup (aka Gimme a Lil' Drink)
10.) Soul Survivor (Keith guide vocal)
11.) Get a Line On You (early version of Shine a Light - previously released)

but with vocal and percussion overdubs by Mick Jagger
guitar overdubs by Keith Richards and Mick Taylor (?)
it is likely Matt Clifford overdubbed instruments as well
Tracks 1-7 were instrumental backing tracks with new lyrics added in 2009

Apparently we're getting ten tracks rather than eleven, meaning one was dropped in the past two weeks. I don't know which one they excised, as I only heard specifically about eight of the eleven they had planned. I never heard anything about them using Get A Line on You one way or the other. As for MT's overdubs, perhaps we'll be able to tell what they used or didn't when the thing is released.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 06:17

71Tele
kleermaker
71Tele

Well, I will complain a little about Don Was being involved.

Don has made a serious effort to keep it real and Exile-sounding.

Posted by: saulsurvivor ()
Date: February 26, 2010 08:19

this is already incredible news.

since 2003 the band has released two multi-disc DVD packages packed with comprehensive interviews, rehearsal gig footage, and insanely cool performances on each.

A damn fine CD of new material.

A damn fine live music documentary directed by Martin Scorsese.

Excellent remasters of their studio albums and live discs since 1971. (save one)

And, now, a remastered version of Exile with 10 previously unreleased songs on it.

This level of access is unprecedented in the long history of the Stones. I remember what it was like in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, hoping like hell for something, anything, even resembling any of the aforementioned official releases.

This is friggin awesome. Better than Christmas in May. In fact, from now on I will be referring to Christmas as "Exile in December".

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: February 26, 2010 08:48

I like the idea up to the fact that Mick has decided to add new vocals, which are never going to be representative of that time, even if he tries to replicate his vocals from the period. Those days have passed. Adding guitar parts isn't a bad idea providing Keith is fully focused. Would rather hear the songs as instrumentals personally.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 26, 2010 09:14

Silver Dagger
Richards says, “I must not have noticed all the cameramen while I was making the record. I was amazed at how much footage they actually found.”

Any speculation what this could be besides the obvious CS Blues and Ladies And Gentleman? More Robert Frank footage? Private film from Nellcote?

well, since he says the footage is from while he was making the record,
if he's speaking literally that means he's not talking about stuff from CSBlues or L&G -
it sounds like it's from Olympic, Stargroves, Nellcote and/or Sunset Studios. which would be way cool :E

and open-g honey ... you rock :E
[showering the greatest rock & roll confetti in the world all over open-g]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-26 09:15 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 26, 2010 09:15

i love the idea of new songs, but Jagger overdubs ??? doesn't sound right to me ?
Even guitar overdubs...

It's Exile sessions of 1971/72, why can't they simply release the songs as-is with some 2010 studio markups?
Is Jagger so vain? probably...

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: February 26, 2010 09:27

Sounds great all the bonustracks and dvd. Looking forward to this re-issue!!

Re: EXILE press release says ten new tracks
Posted by: neilly43 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 11:27

Like everyone else on this board I am starting to put my money aside to buy this beauty. My only concern is that I hope it sells well which will be down to a great part to how it is marketed to the General public (something that the Stones have been poor at doing in the past). If it sells well then there is a good chance that we may get more from the Vaults if not then they are likely to be shut a darn sight quicker than they were opened!!

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 11:41

[showbiz411.blogs.thr.com]

Well now: Ten minutes of “CB” are being included officially in a 30-minute documentary that the Stones will release in May. The other 20 minutes comprise 10 minutes of a film that was released but few saw called “Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones” (out of print and unavailable since 1974) and 10 more minutes of a new full-length doc called “Stones in Exile,” made by director Stephen Kijack. That latter title will also be released as a full-length doc at the same time in a format still to be determined.

Date: February 26, 2010 11:49

kissinc***incannes
Dancin' In the Light instrumental:

I like this already!

Date: February 26, 2010 11:50

Exciting news and no mistake. I just wonder how the passage of time will affect our appreciation of these 'never before heard' tracks. Meaning, will they sound dated or will they sound rocking like we all want them to. Rather like hearing Exile istelf now for the first time instead of nearly 40 years ago......
A couple of months to ponder that thought until we can find out for sure.......well allright!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 26, 2010 12:21

To me, this thing about overdubbing on to some of the tracks is a sign that they aren't really happy to release stuff in too much of a 'warts 'n' all' fashion.

If this were a Beggars Banquet era set, I'd be aghast at the thought of them even trying to overdub on to outtakes from that period.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: February 26, 2010 12:26

So we get a full length doc on top of the 30 min DVD,sounds like an Exile fans dream to me.

In fact,this time i don't anyone can complain(and i don't think many are),we wanted Exile with all the extras and that's what we are getting.The fact that they have been working on L&G is potentially very exciting,maybe the prelude to a full release sometime in the not to distant future?

I also understand Mick wanting to add vocals to some of the instrumentals in order to present a professional,releasable product.I like the idea of the extra cd being an album by itself rather than a just a batch of demos plonked on a disc.I would only hope that in the spirit of the original,his vocals are 'in the mix' so to speak rather than pushed right up front as they have been for the last 3 albums.

If properly marketed i think this will sell

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home