Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526
Current Page: 26 of 26
Re: EXILE press release says ten new tracks
Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 03:23

The Rolling Stones' 'Exile' Saluted By Special Jimmy Fallon Shows
[www.billboard.com]

Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" is devoting its entire run during the week of May 10 to special shows saluting the Rolling Stones' iconic album "Exile on Main Street." That week, a host of major acts will perform covers of songs from "Exile," and that Friday's (May 14) episode will feature the premiere of a new documentary about the album's creation, "Stones in Exile."

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 17, 2010 04:30

studiorambo
Any news on the park in New York City or Brooklyn, or somewhere like that, that the Stones were petitioning to conduct an event in this year?

That was back when they were making plans to tour - which now isn't happening at all.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 17, 2010 04:46

gee, i guess BV was wrong all along! can he be trusted again?!? smiling smiley

Date: March 17, 2010 20:23

Here are the track times:

Disc 2
play 01 Loving Cup Alternate Take 05:25
play 02 Pass The Wine (Sophia Loren) 04:54
play 03 I'm Not Signifying 04:54
play 04 Dancing In The Light 04:21
play 05 So Divine (Aladdin Story) 04:31
play 06 Soul Survivor Alternate Take 03:58
play 07 Following The River 04:52
play 08 Plundered My Soul 03:59
play 09 Good Time Women Alternate Take (Tumbling Dice) 03:21
play 10 Title 5 01:47

Disc 2 Total Running Time: Aprx. 42 min.

Deluxe Edition:
[store.universal-music.co.uk]

Super Deluxe Edition:

Posted by: CharliesSinger ()
Date: March 17, 2010 20:58

Exile On Main Street Box Set with free unreleased track is available only to UK customers.

This incredible Exile On Main Street Super Deluxe Boxset includes the re-released album on CD and with a bonus disc of 10 never- released tracks produced by Jimmy Miller, The Glimmer Twins and Don Was, a 64 page cloth finish collector's hardback book with photos from the Exile era, the double vinyl album in triple gatefold sleeve, a set of 4 postcards in an envelope, and a DVD containing excerpts from the documentary Stones In Exile, the legendary @#$%& Blues (filmed on the Stones 1972 tour of Exile) and Ladies and Gentlemen...The Rolling Stones.

The Exile On Main Street Super Deluxe Boxset contains:

Exile On Main Street on CD
Bonus CD with 10 never-released tracks
Exile On Main Street on double vinyl in triple gatefold sleeve
64-page collector's book
4 postcards
Documentary DVD
Free Unreleased Track

The free track is only available to UK customers with a completed purchase of the Exile On Main Street Super Deluxe Boxset. The track is 'So Divine (Aladdin Story)'. This version has not been previously released. Qualifying customers will be sent an email 1 week prior to the release date. This email will contain instructions on how to obtain the track. No further information will be available beforehand.

So are we in the uk gonna get two different versions of So Divine (Aladdin Story)?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 17, 2010 21:24

They're going regional with this? What a drag.

Date: March 17, 2010 22:54

The wording doesn't say it's an alternate version of the track, rather it just says previously unreleased which is the case of all 10 bonus tracks. It may just be the track included in the set being made available a week in advance to throw the hardcore fans a bone and create additional buzz.

The free track is only available to UK customers with a completed purchase of the Exile On Main Street Super Deluxe Boxset. The track is 'So Divine (Aladdin Story)'. This version has not been previously released. Qualifying customers will be sent an email 1 week prior to the release date. This email will contain instructions on how to obtain the track. No further information will be available beforehand.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 17, 2010 22:58

Good one - to hype a track as "previously unreleased" when in fact it is on the second disc.

Any actual pictures of the set or just those fake ones?

Posted by: CharliesSinger ()
Date: March 17, 2010 23:19

Yeah maybe it does mean an early taster of one of the 10 bonus tracks.

But when it says The Exile On Main Street Super Deluxe Boxset contains:

Bonus CD with 10 never-released tracks
Free Unreleased Track

it makes it sound like an additional track rather than one being made available a week in advance.

Oh well looks like we'll have to wait til May to get the full story. smileys with beer

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 17, 2010 23:42

skipstone
They're going regional with this? What a drag.

probably only with Universal.

I'm sure Universal's site in other countries will do the same.

Re: new rollingstone.com article: Unearthed Rolling Stones Tracks Set to Debut on “Exile on Main Street” Reissue
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 18, 2010 18:08

Doxa
windmelody
I hope they will not end up beeing nothing but a nostalgia band! ?

That's what I thought back in the 80's... grinning smiley

- Doxa

cool smiley

Deal of the Day - 30 Min "EXILLE ON MAIN STREET" DVD for $100.00 USA
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 26, 2010 04:20

I just noticed on Amazon that the special edition EXILE with the 9 or 10 unreleassed bonus songs goes for $22.00 or something (this is were you get the bonus songs (except is PLUNDER MY SOUL still on or has it been pulled for promo reasons?) and 2 of the original records). If you also want the 30 minute DVD thrown in (made up of Robert Frank's B/W super 8mm Pre Exile Cover Shot Photo's), God knows how many minutes of "LADIES ANS GENTLEMEN" the Rolling Live and "C-S BLUES"...... nothing like an empty wallet in Springtime..... (and you thought 2010 was gonna be a rip off free year -ha -think again my friend !!!)

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: April 26, 2010 14:12

Exile deluxe is now listed on iTunes but you can't listen to the previews yet, presumably not until release day 17th May. The 10 bonus tracks are followed by two more, both called Plundered My Soul. The listing note says that if you download the album it will also include two videos. It doesn't say specifically, but I am assuming the two PMS tracks at the end are the videos - one must must be the Exile montage video, the other could be a more song-oriented video. It doesn't appear that the documentary material will available for download with the album, although I hope it will be at some point (possibly when the dvd comes out in July?).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-26 14:14 by WeLoveYou.

Re: Deal of the Day - 30 Min "EXILLE ON MAIN STREET" DVD for $100.00 USA
Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: April 26, 2010 15:07

HelterSkelter
and you thought 2010 was gonna be a rip off free year -ha -think again my friend !!!

..."Paying a whole lot of money for something" is NOT the same as "a rip-off", Helter... (At least: not until you get your hands on it and judge it with an open mind.)

Re: Deal of the Day - 30 Min "EXILLE ON MAIN STREET" DVD for $100.00 USA
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 29, 2010 02:22

Yeah Filip, $100.00 for a 30 minute DVD with all re-released material is the bargain of the year...... what planet you live on amigo, I love your logic......

Posted by: Beaver ()
Date: May 8, 2010 10:43

Listen to the new tracks at Amazon UK: [www.amazon.co.uk]

I love "Good Time Women"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-08 10:45 by Beaver.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 8, 2010 11:44

Thanks, Beaver!

From the base what can be heard, my first impression (which will probably will be much sharpened if not even changed) is: we can say (that despite:

(a) one can understand why the sketches (new songs) didn't make the original album.
(b) Jagger's delivery - especially in "Following the River" is so manoveric and annoying in its late-90's-00's tone - that it will take some used to it and accept it in this setting.
(c) the best ideas of all of them are in those three actual EXILE songs, but what makes them interesting - but surely not better - is their 'alternativity' - to catch the songs in the middle of the process of creativity. (This especially shows the genious of these guys in their peak as far as rock music is concerned.)
(d) The mixing (Don Was) is way too unchaotic and clear to match the feeling of EXILE.)

that this is the best Stones album since TATTOO YOU.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-08 13:18 by Doxa.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 8, 2010 11:45

hanave You Seen the trailer of stones in exile on amazon uk? it's completely different from the first one. just footage from ladies and co**sucker

Date: May 8, 2010 12:53

Doxa
Thanks, Beaver!

From the base what can be heard, my first impression (which will probably will be much sharpened if not even changed) is: we can say (that despite:

(a) one can understand why the skeches (new songs) didn't make the album
(b) Jagger's delivery - especially in "Following the River" is so manoveric and annoying in its late-90's-00's tone - that it will take some used to it and accept it in this setting.
(c) the best ideas of all of them are in those three actual EXILE songs, but what makes them interesting - but surely not better - is their 'alternativity' - to catch the songs in the middle of the process of creativity. (This especially shows the genious of these guys in their peek as far as rock music is concerned.)
(d) The mixing (Don Was) is way too unchaotic and clear to match the feeling of EXILE.)

that this is the best Stones album since TATTOO YOU.

- Doxa
You nailed it, Doxa! I totally agree.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 8, 2010 15:33

maumau
hanave You Seen the trailer of stones in exile on amazon uk? it's completely different from the first one. just footage from ladies and co**sucker

It's cool.
full version of Plundered My Soul with '72 footage.

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 8, 2010 16:38

Beaver
Listen to the new tracks at Amazon UK: [www.amazon.co.uk]

I love "Good Time Women"

Beaver, I've tried but couldn't find the new tracks. Just the new video as mentioned below.

Date: May 9, 2010 01:48

Click my link. Go a bit lower on the page and they should be there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-09 01:50 by Beaver.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 10, 2010 11:44

I will have the honour on Monday morning the 17th to be probadly the first person in the world to buy the new release of *Exile* the shop doors open at 9am New Zealand time I usually go and have a coffee at me mates music shop early some mornings so probadly get it about 8am.Then a few hours later its business as usual in Australia.

Date: May 19, 2010 18:46

Aladdin story (So Divine) IS on the 10 track bonus disk. it's the same track we all know and love from the boots with infinitely better sound and VOCALS finally added..
Also is another we all know from the boots 'dancing in the light' also with vocals added.., but i think it's a different take than the one on the boots, and MT is much more audible in the mix..
what else..? hmmm the sound seems to be a little low on the high end .. but that might just be my audio engineers's deafness coming to the fore ;-).
Worth it for the bonus tracks ..every penny spent !
Cheers! frum Doc Rock

OH i forgot.. Good time women is THE SAME one we all know.. but the SOUND is SOOO much better than on even 'Unsurpassed masters' that i think JWB better drop it from his next run or remaster.... it's superfluous now..
i just wish they'd do something with all the other 'instrumentals' on ,say, the trident sessions etc.. like 'potted shrimp etc....
Hmmm..... since Keef's my old bassists' friend.. i wonder if i can send this request to him via Harv...
.......ya right ;-) ..
Doc Rock

oh an pps.. it almost counts as a full album release in it's own right.. it even has the obligitory xtra GOOD stones song (like brown sugar or bitch, on SF, or silver train on GHS etc etc) in Pass the Wine (IMHO)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-19 19:31 by DoccusRockusMaximus.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526
Current Page: 26 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1504
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home