Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 26
Re: EXILE press release says ten new tracks
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 3, 2010 18:46

Who said he will use his 2010 voice maybe he try to sing as back then, thinks he able to imitate his own '72 voice. (at least I hope so)

Posted by: jigsawp ()
Date: March 3, 2010 18:56

How should anyone do that nearly 40 years later??

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: March 3, 2010 19:08

jigsawp
How should anyone do that nearly 40 years later??

Well, on Exile the vocals are burried in the mix. If they keep it that way, it might turn out ok.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 3, 2010 19:13

NICOS
Who said he will use his 2010 voice maybe he try to sing as back then, thinks he able to imitate his own '72 voice. (at least I hope so)

even worse. oh, the humanity....

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 3, 2010 19:16

Owt else you lot can moan about? Colour of MJ's socks?

If studio tricks can make Britney Spears sound in tune I'm sure fiddling with jaggers vocal aint gonna be a problem.....

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 3, 2010 19:25

Hmm, think Mick would be game for overdubbing on to the unfinished Satanic era tracks!?

I'd genuinely like to hear that!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 3, 2010 19:30

Doxa
tatters

It doesn't bother ME in the least. I would have preferred that they didn't do any overdubs at all, but since the did, I'm glad they at least brought in MT to do them. Ronnie will just have to learn to deal with it. The best revenge would be to hook up with Mac and Kenny and do a "Faces" tour.

Revenge? If he wants to challege the Twins, I think they will win that race (too). Namely they will throw an ace: and finally everyone is in a right place where they belong to: Wood with the Faces and Taylor with the Stones...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Doxa, we agree! Then everbody would be happy, MJ dancing all the time, Wood and Taylor playing like they're in their twenties and Keith, well, he's so nice and kind these days, he will hug Taylor and they'll all be there for the final gig, Bill of course included.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 3, 2010 19:34

Is there any basis to the rumor of Jagger being in the studio with Taylor for this project or is it just a joke? I wouldn't be surprised if Jagger and Richards were never in the studio at the same time for this so not having them present with Taylor isn't odd.

Date: March 3, 2010 19:44

This has gotten outta hand! eye popping smiley

Roll on the day when the discs hit the shops! drinking smiley

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 3, 2010 20:15

His Majesty
This has gotten outta hand! eye popping smiley

Roll on the day when the discs hit the shops! drinking smiley

what do you mean shop? i think you download illegal, don´t you?

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: March 3, 2010 20:42

According to an insider the studio management are considering to waive the £ 250,- fine issued to Jagger, after the singer explained that he had not been his usual composed self.

When questioned about the recent 'Dancing In The Studio' incident, Jagger said:
"I couldn't help it. When Mick T started playing, it was as if I'd been taken straight back to 1971 and I just lost control over my feet.¨

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 3, 2010 21:06

Thanks for the reports all!
I do think it would be the most reasonable thing if at least Jagger was present with Mick Taylor in the studio.

And I don't think Ronnie has a reason to feel shunned. It's just a studio project in which Mick T had an important part from day one. Besides, they didn't involve Charlie or Bill, and there are no reports about replacing Ronnie on tour.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 3, 2010 21:15

LieB
.... and there are no reports about replacing Ronnie on tour.

Not yet.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 3, 2010 21:57

kleermaker
LieB
.... and there are no reports about replacing Ronnie on tour.

Not yet.

No tour, no need for a replacement. And as Ronnie was not involved in EOMS in any way originally, I see no purpose to him overdubbing on it any more than there would be a reason to have Chuck Leavell overdub keyboards.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 3, 2010 21:58

Lightnin'
"I couldn't help it. When Mick T started playing, it was as if I'd been taken straight back to 1971 and I just lost control over my feet.¨

This is not accurate or even possible, because that would mean Mick was being nostalgic and living in the past and all that. And we know he is such a forward thinker.

Date: March 3, 2010 23:29

Skipstone - thinking and feeling are two different things, aren't they.

For many years MJ made a conscious effort to suppress his yearnings for the days the Stones truly ruled. He kept telling himself: "The current line-up is every bit as good. The Vegas style elements are neatly incorporated into our show, and who could do a better job at keeping everyone in line but our ever so punctual musical director Chuck Leavell ?"

But when he listened to the sophisticated yet infectious guitar lines Mick T was playing right in front of him, he could no longer deny that something essential had been missing for 35 years and his emotions simply got the better of him. And that's when he was fined for violating the "No Dancing" rule at the studio.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-03 23:39 by Lightnin'.

Date: March 3, 2010 23:35

stoneswashed77

Hi there Mr double standards! Got a grudge? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

No, as far as downloads go I usually only go for stuff you can't buy officially like live stuff, outtakes, different mixes etc.

>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-03 23:37 by His Majesty.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 3, 2010 23:41

His Majesty
stoneswashed77

Hi there Mr double standards! Got a grudge? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

No, as far as downloads go I usually only go for stuff you can't buy officially like live stuff, outtakes, different mixes etc.

>grinning smiley<

oh really, i don´t see why we are fighting then.

i don´t like outtakes and stuff,
like gazza said. usually there is a reason it is not released officially.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 3, 2010 23:44

Lightnin', I was being facetious about Jagger since he's so anti-nostalgia or whatever other kind of history something or other.

He was fined eh? Where is that? I must have missed that.

Date: March 4, 2010 01:02

skipstone
He was fined eh? Where is that? I must have missed that.

At the studio. Nobody is supposed to know about it so it's not mentioned in the press release.

Date: March 4, 2010 01:17

Lightnin'
According to an insider the studio management are considering to waive the £ 250,- fine issued to Jagger, after the singer explained that he had not been his usual composed self.

This is a joke!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: March 4, 2010 01:42

Gazza
TeddyB1018
Gazza
Exactly. Gazza, was that you posting on Steve Hoffman's site?

if you mean quoting the bits from the Uncut interview, yes, that was me. Your posts on here enticed me to register to find out more. LOL.

Thought it might be. You added a lot to the conversation there, as you always do here.

Date: March 4, 2010 01:55

Lightnin'
TeddyB1018
Because the Stones camp hadn't let the cat out the bag. Now that it was out through other sources, Don wasn't going to lie but was still choosing his words carefully. When I asked Don about Taylor adding overdubs sometime ago, having heard about it from other sources, he turned pale and asked who'd told me. By the way, I don't think Taylor was in the studio with either Mick or Keith.

Oh really ? That seems to indicate your sources where not that close to the fire then, eh ? Either that or you just made the wrong guess.
My original source was not that close to the fire, a very well known session player who said that Jagger dispatched Matt Clifford to supervise MT. My second source is Don Was, who is producing the tracks. He implied that he'd been working seperately with Keith in LA. There was an implication that Keith was out of the loop on this. I infer then from your comment that Jagger has been even more involved directly with MT than was known, which is something they probably didn't want Keith to know.

Date: March 4, 2010 02:03

To clarify, I first posted here about MT overdubbing when I heard about ut from a well known musician friend of Jagger's. Some weeks later I was with Don Was and asked him about it. He nervously confirmed the fact, then we moved on to discuss the actual tracks, which I reported here. I was filling in the blanks when I guessed that Jagger was not supervising directly, I was told that KR was not directly involved in the work being done by MTand, in fact, was at the time likely not aware of it. That has probably changed, since the cat is out of the bag.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 4, 2010 02:08

TeddyB1018
Lightnin'
TeddyB1018
Because the Stones camp hadn't let the cat out the bag. Now that it was out through other sources, Don wasn't going to lie but was still choosing his words carefully. When I asked Don about Taylor adding overdubs sometime ago, having heard about it from other sources, he turned pale and asked who'd told me. By the way, I don't think Taylor was in the studio with either Mick or Keith.

Oh really ? That seems to indicate your sources where not that close to the fire then, eh ? Either that or you just made the wrong guess.
My original source was not that close to the fire, a very well known session player who said that Jagger dispatched Matt Clifford to supervise MT. My second source is Don Was, who is producing the tracks. He implied that he'd been working seperately with Keith in LA. There was an implication that Keith was out of the loop on this. I infer then from your comment that Jagger has been even more involved directly with MT than was known, which is something they probably didn't want Keith to know.

That doesn't even make sense. Why would Jagger and Don Was not want Keith to know what Jagger and Taylor were doing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-04 02:10 by tatters.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 4, 2010 02:12

Did Keith actually add any guitar as jagger is reported to have said? Or was it only Mick T but jagger didnt want to announce it?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 4, 2010 02:16

TeddyB1018
To clarify, I first posted here about MT overdubbing when I heard about ut from a well known musician friend of Jagger's. Some weeks later I was with Don Was and asked him about it. He nervously confirmed the fact, then we moved on to discuss the actual tracks, which I reported here. I was filling in the blanks when I guessed that Jagger was not supervising directly, I was told that KR was not directly involved in the work being done by MTand, in fact, was at the time likely not aware of it. That has probably changed, since the cat is out of the bag.

That is beyond ridiculous. There is NO WAY Keith could have been unaware of it WHILE IT WAS HAPPENING. It's the kind of thing that could not possibly have happened AT ALL without Keith's prior knowledge and approval.

Posted by: charliesgood ()
Date: March 4, 2010 02:43

Well vocal overdubbing waaay after the fact worked for peter gabriel on one of the genesis archive boxes of course you noticed his excuse was all of the costumes he wore back down muffled the vocals

Date: March 4, 2010 02:46

And yet it's true. Jagger can be very manipulative. Who do you think is lying to you? Me? Don Was? There are others confirming exactly this on the Steve Hoffman board. For whatever reasons, Jagger did not tell Keith about MT until after the fact. Keith and Jagger have been working seperately with Don Was on the mixes.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: March 4, 2010 02:49

Considering Keith's likely reaction to Mick Taylor overdubs I'm actually quite happy with what Mick Jagger did, if what you're saying is right.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1366
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home