Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Lisa Fischer
Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 22, 2007 00:13

is on the current Euro-Tour also a duet between Mick Jagger & Lisa Fischer?? I really love her voice.

Re: Lisa Fischer
Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: June 22, 2007 00:14

Yes, I'll go crazy!!!!

Posted by: Nelson ()
Date: June 22, 2007 00:14

dont we all

Posted by: MsTuesday ()
Date: June 22, 2007 00:24

she's amazing

[[FEAR; BUILDS WALLS.]]

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 22, 2007 00:42

The entire extended onstage family are outstanding musicians. Heck, they could produce an excellent album on their own.

They get a lot of flak from some corners, but I love 'em. They don't intrude, unless someone from the "core" asks them to do so.

The "Rolling Stones Rockestra", as such, has stayed intact for 13 years, and has allowed the core band to play just about any song they want to do. That's exactly why they are there. This fact gets lost amongst the nostalgists' craving for a return to the stripped-down sound of many years ago.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: June 22, 2007 00:58

<The entire extended onstage family are outstanding musicians. Heck, they could produce an excellent album on their own.

They get a lot of flak from some corners, but I love 'em. They don't intrude, unless someone from the "core" asks them to do so.

The "Rolling Stones Rockestra", as such, has stayed intact for 13 years, and has allowed the core band to play just about any song they want to do. That's exactly why they are there. This fact gets lost amongst the nostalgists' craving for a return to the stripped-down sound of many years ago.>

Totally agree, bassplayer. I'm glad there are at least a few people who share this opinion. I do, anyway.

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: June 22, 2007 02:54

bassplayer617 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The entire extended onstage family are outstanding
> musicians. Heck, they could produce an excellent
> album on their own.
>
I have to disagree on this one. Just because you are a fine sidekick and an accomplished musician it does not automatically follow that you can also make a great album on your own.

Mick Taylor is the best proof of that.

Besides that, I agree that all the extra musicians are necessary for reproducing a lot of the songs - but still I would love to just see/hear the core Stones + bass + piano + one sax play the roof off.....(especially with ABB as the album is pretty much back to basics)

...but again, in later years I feel that they have become more selective when to use the backing band and when not to...again putting the guitars more up front ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-22 02:58 by mofur.

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: June 22, 2007 04:09

can someone post the hottest pic of lisa you've found....?

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: June 22, 2007 05:31

She is so sexy! Brown sugar! "just like a black girl should". I said yeah yeah yeah wooo!!!!!!! MEZ

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: June 22, 2007 09:14

She's really talented, and has a great voice and is of course - incredibly sexy. But she's also a very nice and warm person. Some friends of mine met her in Brussels at the Conrad. She posed in a photo with a young Swedish man, was given an IORR t-shirt, that she actually wore kater, when she went shopping, and came over to speak with them whenever they met in or around the hotel. She was very sweet to them.

Date: June 22, 2007 09:31

MsTuesday Wrote:
> she's amazing

are we talking about the same lisa fischer? I'm thinking of a slightly overweight stones-hanger on with a tendency to try to pass off histrionic wailing as "singing".

and you?

*and i'm just like that bird - singing just for you*

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 22, 2007 10:40

she was excellent in Paris

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 22, 2007 10:43

She is great

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 22, 2007 11:37

In Paris Mick introduced her as a "very lovely lady"; that's very classy by Mick, because in Paris she was SO damn HOT and sexy!!!

I like her a lot!

Posted by: pay pay ()
Date: June 22, 2007 12:07

the singer not the bong Wrote:
> MsTuesday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > she's amazing
>
>
> are we talking about the same lisa fischer? I'm
> thinking of a slightly overweight stones-hanger on
> with a tendency to try to pass off histrionic
> wailing as "singing".
>
> and you?

Damn dong, you just get dumber by the second, don't you? To call her a "hanger on" is really the ultimate in stupid. Lisa is not a hager on. She is on stage to do what she is hired to do: sing, and she does that amazingly. Its not like she barges in and won't go away. They want her there. Otherwise, she'd be gone quick.

I'm so sure you could do a much better job than Lisa does, dong. You keeping your Grammy shined these days, dong?

Lisa is a highly talented singer. A Stones show would not be complete without her. Plus, shes hot as Hell. She can hang on me anytime,histrionic
wailing and all.

dong, you are a pathetic loser who whines a bitches about everything you see and read. You wouldn't know talent if it bit you on the ass, dong.

MsTuesday, don't let dong change your mind. You are right, Lisa is amazing. Just ask dong if he's ever heard of freedom of speech and get him to review the Federalist papers. Damn, dong, your sad, sad, sad!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 22, 2007 13:34

Fantastic voice and so disspointed that she did not get the chance to do her stuff at twickers & cardiff last year after telling my friends to listen out for her.

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: June 22, 2007 13:35

Pay Pay - thanx! From several of us fans who realise how important the is on stage. I saw some really ugly comments about her on this thread - but the post has been removed. So THANKS!

Date: June 22, 2007 14:11

pay pay Wrote:
> the singer not the bong Wrote:
> -----
> > MsTuesday Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > she's amazing
> >
> >
> > are we talking about the same lisa fischer? I'm
> > thinking of a slightly overweight stones-hanger
> on
> > with a tendency to try to pass off histrionic
> > wailing as "singing".
> >
> > and you?
>
>
> Damn dong, you just get dumber by the second,
> don't you? To call her a "hanger on" is really the
> ultimate in stupid. Lisa is not a hager on. She is
> on stage to do what she is hired to do: sing, and
> she does that amazingly. Its not like she barges
> in and won't go away. They want her there.
> Otherwise, she'd be gone quick.
>
> I'm so sure you could do a much better job than
> Lisa does, dong. You keeping your Grammy shined
> these days, dong?
>
> Lisa is a highly talented singer. A Stones show
> would not be complete without her. Plus, shes hot
> as Hell. She can hang on me anytime,histrionic
> wailing and all.
>
> dong, you are a pathetic loser who whines a
> bitches about everything you see and read. You
> wouldn't know talent if it bit you on the ass,
> dong.
>
> MsTuesday, don't let dong change your mind. You
> are right, Lisa is amazing. Just ask dong if he's
> ever heard of freedom of speech and get him to
> review the Federalist papers. Damn, dong, your
> sad, sad, sad!

you stay classy, yap yap!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 22, 2007 14:22

bassplayer617 Wrote:
> The entire extended onstage family are outstanding
> musicians.

yeh it would be great if they out standing in a field...

Heck, they could produce an excellent
> album on their own.

the suckness quotient on that would be inestimable...

>
> The "Rolling Stones Rockestra", as such, has
> stayed intact for 13 years, and has allowed the
> core band to play just about any song they want to
> do. That's exactly why they are there. This fact
> gets lost amongst the nostalgists' craving for a
> return to the stripped-down sound of many years
> ago.

simplistic characterzation and unfair, even arrogant criticism...
posters with careful and good faith criticisms of certain key presentation elements regarding the generic background review hirings make a contribution to this forum u can't accept or understand so it's "nostaslgists craving" for yesterday's sound...denial and intolerance comes in a lot of different flavors i guess...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 22, 2007 14:50

Beelyboy Wrote:
> posters with careful and good faith criticisms of
> certain key presentation elements regarding the
> generic background review hirings
I absolutely have no idea what you're talking about, but, bud, butt
I LOOOOOOOVE LISA :-)

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 22, 2007 15:46

bp wrote:

The "Rolling Stones Rockestra", as such, has stayed intact for 13 years, and has allowed the core band to play just about any song they want to do. That's exactly why they are there. This fact gets lost amongst the nostalgists' craving for a return to the stripped-down sound of many years ago.

Good point - and Lisa is a great singer, but it wouldn't hurt her to try Mick's work out routine. First exercise - push yourself away from the table.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: June 22, 2007 17:03

I was completely blown away at the ABB Hershey show in October 2005 when her and Mick belted out "Night and Day." But when I was at the Atlantic City show, I kept wondering to myself......."how does she stay in that dress??" I thought for sure many times that night that she was going to fall right out of her top.
But I'm sure you gents out there wouldn't mind too much if she did 'fall out' of her dress!

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: June 22, 2007 20:57

She is very talented person. She should make a cd.

Date: June 22, 2007 21:00

tippy2toes Wrote:
> She is very talented person. She should make a cd.

if thats what it takes to get her off the stones tour!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 22, 2007 21:08

BONGSTER !!! What's wrong with you man? Lisa is HOT !! A totally sexy voluptuous woman with plenty of curves and a fantastic voice (NIGHT TIME in Rio/ GIMME SHELTER on 4 flicks) Come on dude, They can't all be anorexic skanks like some of these underfeed models - give me a big rack and a giant caboose I can sink my teeth into, YEAH !!!!

Date: June 22, 2007 21:13

plenty of curves is right - i prefer just a couple myself. she's a seriously hazardous road . . .

don't dig the voice that much either - gimme (shelter) merry clayton any day of the weak!

Date: June 22, 2007 21:27

...I don't know Bongster... I saw Merry Clayton do Gimme Shelter Live (solo) in the 70's and it wasn't as impressive as the Let It Bleed version.... Lisa's got a good work attitude, been with the Stones for a long time, smart woman !! So, Bongster, you telling me you don't like a couple D cups with a slightly modified bubble butt? Come on, that's what makes the world go round.... BTW, what are you up to in Berlin? Breaking some codes or something?

Date: June 22, 2007 21:29

i dunno, brain, her cup overfloweth. i'm rather petite myself (have sort of a ronnie wood physique) - its just too much woman for yours truly!

as for berlin - right now i'm drinking beer and smoking gitanes. ('reppin' our favourite city) the only code i'm cracking is Deutsch. three hours a day . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-22 21:29 by the singer not the bong.

Date: June 22, 2007 21:41

German Lessons? VERY Interesting Herr Bong !! You're not, by any chance, involved in the Hindenberg II secret project?(you can tell the Brain, mums the word) As far as Lisa, I agree, she has gotten a bit thicker on every tour.... a little diet and exercise program WOULD NOT HURT !! (I know a good "head - bobbing" exercise she can do....)

Posted by: Keef Rider ()
Date: June 22, 2007 21:54

tippy2toes Wrote:
> She is very talented person. She should make a cd.

... Already done tippy .. take a look of the front cover: a sexy bomb some year ago ....

[www.amazon.com]

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home