Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Keith at Scream Awards (photos)
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 22, 2009 14:54

mtaylor
And why does Patti look that young? It's unbelievable.

A bit of Botox here and there - a nice little plastic surgery and then some make-up. That makes a difference. yawning smiley))

It's unbelieveable that she looks that good if you consider some of the other botox/plastic surgery freak shows out there (Nicole Kidman, Meg Ryan).

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: October 23, 2009 19:17

She's Hot!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: October 23, 2009 19:32

Amused
the thing is - Patti looks much better than Ekaterina - and she's like 50-something-year-old smiling smiley

Yeah and so do Jo Wood despite her age.
Ronnie's a loser on that matter. But the quouted post has nothing to do with Keith or Patti. Keith and Patti has stuck to each other thru thick and thin. And that's good for them both and good for us fans of Keith. Keith looks really great and it certainly gives us hope. Might turn out that we will have Keith in good shape for a new tour and record. Certainly the Stones need Keith in good shape.

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-23 19:33 by Fan Since 1964.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 23, 2009 19:36

Keith looks good. He's face looks too old for him to keep dying his hair, so I'm glad he stopped. And he also looks better without the bandanas and hats.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 23, 2009 20:09

Thanks for all these pictures. Keith has indeed in a peaceful and a quiet smile. Reassuring. Thanks to Patti.

Posted by: kath51 ()
Date: October 23, 2009 22:59

man, he looks GREAT!!!! allright gentlemen, start your engines!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 24, 2009 13:42

[latimesblogs.latimes.com]

Keith Richards on Johnny Depp, the Scream Awards and talking like a pirate
October 23, 2009 | 3:44 pm

Keith Richards and Johnny Depp

You never know who you're going to meet at the Scream Awards -- last year I found myself standing between Marilyn Manson and George Lucas -- and this year didn't disappoint. Not long after I arrived at the Greek Theatre for the taping of this year's show I was whisked off to a trailer for an unexpected interview with a guitar hero who qualifies as true rock royalty -- even if he was tapping his cigarette into an ashtray he had just made out of aluminum foil.

"I've never see one of these shows," Keith Richards said with a rasp and a chuckle, "but it sounded like fun and when I heard Johnny was going to be involved, I said, 'Well, at least I'll know somebody there.'"

Richards meant Johnny Depp, of course, the actor who based a good bit of his Jack Sparrow screen persona on the bleary, decadent charm of the Rolling Stones guitarist. Depp even brought Richards into the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise for a cameo as Sparrow's father. For the youngest generations of movie fans, the 65-year-old musician actually may be better known for his sea-dog duty than he is for playing the signature riffs in "Satisfaction," "Gimme Shelter" and "Start Me Up."

"Yeah, it's always cropped up, ever since I was in the movie and some kids even think I'm Johnny's dad," Richards said. "Like his real dad. That's not so bad, right?" Then, with a wink, he added: "We might enlarge upon that in another movie."

Depp may be the biggest movie star in the world right now, but later, during the taping (shown in photo above), he was the picture of respectful deference to Richards as he presented his British elder with the Rock Immortal Award. It's a trophy that maybe they should call the Rock Undead Award, considering its past winners were Alice Cooper and Ozzy Osbourne. Those previous winners have long and interesting careers but they can't really compete with a member of the Stones as far as pop-culture heft. I said as much to Richards and, behind a haze of smoke, he grinned. "Yeah, really, we're going uptown now."

Richards and Depp were born 20 years and an ocean apart, but their close friendship has become a topic of fascination. Rolling Stone (the magazine, not the band) put the pair on its cover in 2007 with a story that read like a long valentine to a pair of roadhouse souls who just happen to be wildly rich and famous. The pair met in the mid-1990s and Richards talks of Depp as a peer, not a protege.

"We've grown together," Richards said."Funny enough, I met Johnny through my son, Marlon, who said, 'Dad, this my mate, Johnny.' I knew the name but not much more. He was just a friend of my son's, I didn't know more than that. It's been grand."

Richard needed to get going, so I asked one last question: Looking back on rock and its history, was it strange to him that we've reached a point where young consumers show more marketplace enthusiasm for buying ring tones and guitar-playing video games than albums?

He shrugged and said it was all just part of the evolution of a revolution. "It's interesting how the music has pervaded everywhere. You have video games now and movies and commercials and TV. You can't get escape it. There's the air you breathe and there's rock 'n' roll."

As I left the trailer I noticed that Depp had been waiting patiently right outside the door for his turn to visit with his pal and, when he did enter the smoky trailer, he had a big smile on his face.

-- Geoff Boucher

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 26, 2009 21:39

Posted by: Borncrosseyed ()
Date: October 27, 2009 21:18

Scream awards on spike TV tonight 10:00 EST.

Does anyone know if there is a performance with Keith?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-27 21:21 by Borncrosseyed.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 28, 2009 00:08

Keith Richards seems to be in great shape, so we can look forward to another tour!

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: October 28, 2009 04:49

finaly on youtube (didnt see it before) if already been posted - sorry!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 28, 2009 18:33

If you blinked,you missed it. Still think it's a bit wierd for Keith to get a lifetime acheivement award at a scifi awrds show, But,at least it's good to see him out and looking healthy.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 28, 2009 18:36

it's amusing that Depp clearly went out of his way to "dress like Keith"
and Keith dressed his own way instead :E

Date: October 28, 2009 20:11

boy that was a short clip!

Keith really is just beaming - it's so fantastic.

Johnny has some weird accent going on, slightly Irish I think. Who cares, I lurv JP - though he's not as cool as Keith in his hey day (who is???) but I'm sure Johnny agrees with that, so I have to give him bonus points.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 28, 2009 20:45

He looks almost sober.

Looks great.

Is the Ping Pong thing really true?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 30, 2009 19:17

CindyC
boy that was a short clip!

Keith really is just beaming - it's so fantastic.

Johnny has some weird accent going on, slightly Irish I think. Who cares, I lurv JP - though he's not as cool as Keith in his hey day (who is???) but I'm sure Johnny agrees with that, so I have to give him bonus points.

indeed a short clip.

here's the same clip but with the cool proceding intro-clip-mix. cool smiley

Date: October 30, 2009 19:31

thanks open-g!

Nice Keith montage.

Is that Anita doing the sexy dance during Happy (2:52) i can't tell- her arms are covering her face - but it looks like old footage, @#$%& Blues-ish.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 30, 2009 20:04

>>
Is that Anita doing the sexy dance during Happy (2:52) i can't tell- her arms are covering her face - but it looks like old footage, @#$%& Blues-ish.<<

It sure must be Anita at Nellcote.
but wait a sec, moving footage from Nellcote!?! I don't recall seeing any of it yet.
is there more?

Date: October 30, 2009 20:10

moving footage from Nellcote would be a dream come true.

Date: October 30, 2009 23:55

cool montage - thanks open-g!
[peering hard] but i don't think that's Anita ... or Nellcote ...

Date: October 31, 2009 00:08

good eye - I don't believe Nellcote had signs advertising candy (money/honey???)winking smiley

Also - Anita's boobs are bigger. The guy in the back has a similar waist/ribs as Keith, but upon closer inspection - the arms look too thin.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: October 31, 2009 00:14

yeah to all of the above ... as you said earlier, it looks CSBluesy -
maybe it's some of Robert Frank's footage [passing popcorn]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-31 00:16 by with sssoul.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2348
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home