Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I Passed on Baltimore Tickets
Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: January 29, 2006 20:08

I was on Ticketmaster looking for a resaonable ticket to the Baltimore show. To my surprise they had one ticket but it costs $400.00. But you know what guys and gals ? I just couldn't do it. I know they are my favorite band. And have seen them many many times. But for some reason I just couldn't pull the trigget and pay that much to see them . Especially after reading some of the threads on here . I still would like to go . But maybe with some age comes wisdom as well. I just can't pay that much to see a Band. So before anyone jumps on me about ticket prices or they don't need you or don't go any of the other clever restorts people come up with . I will say I am not bitching about what they can get for a ticket. It is just that when push comes to shove. I just can't spend around $500.00 to see them this time . Ok. I feel better. I vented

Re: I Passed on Baltimore Tickets
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 29, 2006 20:10

good for you. stick up for principle. i spent about that amount once (Vegas '94) and have had many regrets since. $400 - even if money's no object for you - is just a ridiculous amount for an oldies rock act. period.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 29, 2006 20:33

i paid $500 for the aragon and was front row center - i paid $400 for the wiltern and was front row in front of keith - i would've paid way more for each of these experiences - no problem (and i have little income, mostly credit).

paying $400 and being back anymore than a few rows wouldn't be worth it to me - its cheaper to fly to europe and see them there FOS.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 29, 2006 21:04

Do E-Bay... the obvious way to get a good ticket at quite a discount. They routinely sold in Chicago for 1/2 or less of face value. Make sure you're dealing with a fairly highly-rated seller, say at least 15 positive comments.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: January 29, 2006 21:28

I dont buy tickets on ebay from sellers with less than 50 fdbk & prefer they have 100s.
I know they can still dissapear but it feels safer.

Posted by: forestones ()
Date: January 29, 2006 21:29

Hi Little Queenie:
Had a great time in Durham...paid a good bit of $ for the show, but being on stage with my "scalper" was a cool way to see the show.

Date: January 29, 2006 22:31

hi forestones, i thought i recognized you in another thread...i had a great time too and thanks to you, i was able to fly to the show to get those tickets at willcall! winking smiley i bought one of the commemerative shirts for it after the fact, too.

Posted by: forestones ()
Date: January 30, 2006 02:44

glad you made it to will call...after a nap. heading to Baltimore, then maybe to Vegas March 4.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 30, 2006 05:01

I am fortunate to be able to afford it, but except for MSG, have refused to pay the top price for anything but first 15 rows or 1st/2nd row from B-Stage. But I broke my own rules and paid $450 face for loges for the Friday night show at MSG because I couldn't find ANYTHING else available.

It was a great show, but I just felt that I had paid way too much; it left a sour taste in my mouth. It might be a sense that you have been ripped off, or taken advantage of. From what I can see, with a few exceptions, if you have $100-$200, you can get a ticket on Ebay fairly easily in the week prior to the show. Good luck.

Date: January 30, 2006 11:30

forestones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> glad you made it to will call...after a nap.
> heading to Baltimore, then maybe to Vegas March 4.

i thought about going to bmore and see some friends there too but the middle of the week doesn't work for me. i have FOS tickets this summer for brno, warsaw, vienna, and milan. i was planning on athens too but the date was removed...

Posted by: RedLight ()
Date: January 30, 2006 18:08

You're absolutely correct. I've seen them several times on this tour, but not for over $160.

They're good, but I'd only pay $400 if it was Buddy Holly being resurrected from the dead.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 30, 2006 18:25

Yes, the 400$ (plus 100$ to the fanclub) is a kick in the ass, but after seeing them 6 times since 81, and needing binoculers each time, having Mick and Keith standing w/in 15 feet of me a couple of times made it worth it! It's not like they come every year or 2 and you never know when the last tour will be.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 30, 2006 18:32

DrPete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, the 400$ (plus 100$ to the fanclub) is a kick
> in the ass, but after seeing them 6 times since
> 81, and needing binoculers each time, having Mick
> and Keith standing w/in 15 feet of me a couple of
> times made it worth it! It's not like they come
> every year or 2 and you never know when the last
> tour will be.

people use that argument every time to justify those prices..how many "last chances" does everyone need?

Dont know about "its not like they come every year or 2" - theyve toured the US now in 1997, 98, 99, 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2006. 7 out of the last ten years.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 30, 2006 21:14

the reality is the band is in their 60's and Charlie is dealing w/cancer. Remember, George Harrison had throat cancer and did well for a couple of years. God forbid, Charlie has his lack of luck!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 30, 2006 21:16

Try Ticketmaster and the box office on the day before the show, and also on the day. Often they release 90 dollars tickets front row. Or other cheap tickets.

Bjornulf

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: January 31, 2006 01:46

Thanks Bjornulf. I will give it shot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home