Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Looking for: Photos from 1982 European Tour - UPDATE: Own pics added (Munich and Cologne)!
Posted by: MrBird65 ()
Date: September 30, 2009 20:54

Hi,

I'm looking for photographs of the 1982 E.U.-Tour, specially for pictures showing Charlie "in action". I know there were some links posted a long time ago on this board of some professional photographer's webpages. But I'm also interested in amateur-pictures.

Thank you!

My pictures (sorry for the quality; very old scanner..)

Munich, 10.06.82:

Cologne, 05.07.82

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-04 15:15 by MrBird65.

Re: Looking for: Photos from 1982 European Tour
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 1, 2009 10:26

You've got some nice pics from the European 1982 Tour in the "Carnets de concerts " de Marine Guillier,from Rotterdam to Nice .

I will try to find the link of a web site ..let me check out.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 1, 2009 15:43

Yeah, me too I'm looking for such pics, especially from Hanover 1st gig. Appreciate your efforts, SwayStones, but don't hurry too much, haste makes waste.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 1, 2009 16:30

Probably this thread could help you...

[www.iorr.org]

Date: October 1, 2009 17:28

Thank you SwayStones and shortfatfanny!

I still have a few pics I took at Munich and Cologne with a cheap camera. I will look for them and try to scan and load them up at the weekend.

Date: October 1, 2009 17:50

Which Cologne show have you been,MrBird65 ? First,second or both ?

I´ve been there July 4th. Glad to see some new pictures...

Date: October 2, 2009 13:07

dead.flowers
Yeah, me too I'm looking for such pics, especially from Hanover 1st gig. Appreciate your efforts, SwayStones, but don't hurry too much, haste makes waste.
I made a mistake ,no Hanover pics in the "Carnets de concerts "confused smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: Looking for: Photos from 1982 European Tour - UPDATE: Own pics added (Munich and Cologne)!
Date: October 4, 2009 15:22

Update: Pics added.
Enjoy!

Re: Looking for: Photos from 1982 European Tour - UPDATE: Own pics added (Munich and Cologne)!
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 4, 2009 20:58

Nice own pics!
You were in the front crowd, well done.
Nice pic of Keith with the Gal lookin' at him!winking smiley

HMN

Date: October 5, 2009 01:16

I wonder what song Keith was using that particular red Junior on. Does anyone know? I also noticed firsthand that on the 81 tour Keith used different guitars for the same song at different shows.

Date: October 5, 2009 11:54

It was no problem to be in the front crowd at the two shows (my first Stones-concerts) even if you arrived just in time as the support bands started to play.

I first had a ticket for Munich because the Cologne-date was added later on.
I remember that I missed one day in school (and a test) because I missed the flight back to Cologne (I live near Cologne) after the concert and had to stay in Munich for the night until the first flight in the morning... The teacher didn't really believe me that I was ill because I was really tanned after that sunny day in Munich...

I then went to the Cologne show without ticket with a friend and we bought the tickets from scalpers for 10DM (about 5 Euro).

Date: October 5, 2009 12:53

Thank you so much for the photos ,Mr Bird !!!
So many nice memories.......

Date: October 5, 2009 15:16

Great pictures,MrBird65 ! Thank you !

Lots of memories coming back thinking of the ´82 tour...

By the way : I bought my ticket in advance for 38 DM,about 19 Euro.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: October 5, 2009 15:20

Göteborg

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: October 5, 2009 17:43

Palace Revolution 2000
I wonder what song Keith was using that particular red Junior on. Does anyone know? I also noticed firsthand that on the 81 tour Keith used different guitars for the same song at different shows.

Doesn't look like a Junior to me. It appears to have two humbuckers rather than a single P-90. The neck seems to be bound as well. It does seem to be a Gibson - maybe one of the incarnations of the Les Paul Special?

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: October 5, 2009 17:49

Any one in the posession of pics from the Rotterdam show June the 4th and able to post? After 27 years I'm still looking for the first pic of that show (my first).

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Date: October 5, 2009 19:03

Here you go,Greg...follow the link and you´ll see some great pictures of
the Rotterdam show made by UrbanSteel´s brother...

[www.iorr.org]

Date: October 5, 2009 19:20

Thnx shortfatfanny! Love the night shot!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 5, 2009 19:57

roby
Göteborg

Roby, can you please contact me?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: cinema ()
Date: October 5, 2009 20:33

Thank you, MrBird, I really enjoyed the Cologne pix (my 1st Stones show)!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 6, 2009 02:36

Hannover '82, by Dietrich Dethmann

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 6, 2009 09:24

- Turin, july 11th or 12th 1982, by Denis O'Regan

>> Doesn't look like a Junior to me. ... maybe one of the incarnations of the Les Paul Special? <<

as noted in a related thread, that's either a late-70s Special or some variant of Spirit -
you can read a bit about it on pages two and three of this thread: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: October 6, 2009 12:03

Cool. Thanks.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 6, 2009 12:28

with Charlie...

Date: October 6, 2009 12:54

Greg
Any one in the posession of pics from the Rotterdam show June the 4th and able to post? After 27 years I'm still looking for the first pic of that show (my first).

Sorry for the very poor quality....I am ashamed to post this compared of those posted here ...that's all what I could do ...don't know if it's my @#$%& scan or just me (I did scan them in 200 DPI )sad smiley

Photos from MARINE GUILLIER

Date: October 6, 2009 12:57

teleblaster
Palace Revolution 2000

Doesn't look like a Junior to me. It appears to have two humbuckers rather than a single P-90. The neck seems to be bound as well. It does seem to be a Gibson - maybe one of the incarnations of the Les Paul Special?

I know; I know LOL. I already stand corrected by Lady Sssoul in the other thread. I play them, I don't name them.

Date: October 6, 2009 13:08

SwayStones
Greg

Sorry for the very poor quality....I am ashamed to post this compared of those posted here ...that's all what I could do ...don't know if it's my @#$%& scan or just me (I did scan them in 200 DPI )sad smiley

Thanks swaystones, great pics, only they’re from the 1st Rotterdam show, the much shooted first show of the Euro tour after the stretch of try outs in Scotland and UK. They played 3 times in De Kuip, june the 2nd, 4th and 5th. Still - egoistically - looking for pics of the june 4th show. They bring back sweet memories though!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 6, 2009 23:21

The Spirit was used for at least BoB in Munich.

Mathijs

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 6, 2009 23:33

MrBird65
More 82 pics here :[www.stonesvikings.com]
Just click on "Stones In Scandinavia".

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 6, 2009 23:52

>> The Spirit was used for at least BoB in Munich. <<

yayy - thanks Mathijs! i was speculating in some other thread that maybe Beast of Burden
was a likely suspect for that guitar. see, i am educable! have some popcorn :E

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2188
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home