Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Track Talk: Dance Little Sister
Posted by: z ()
Date: September 30, 2009 09:41

IIRC, Jeff Beck once said that you gotta love Keith if only for his guitar playing on 'Dance Little Sister'.

Posted by: squando ()
Date: September 30, 2009 15:22

Don't like Keith's guitar sound much and the song is as filler as filler gets.

I don't know why J Page said he could forgive Keith anything after hearing him play guit on this song. Perhaps he's confused with Taylor's playing. Though I doubt it.

Date: September 30, 2009 15:51

I think he means that Keith's simplicity on that track is pure brilliance.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 30, 2009 16:45

Wasn't this one of the other tracks that Virgin 'extended' compared to the Columbia/CBS CD issues?

I've always thought this was the most brilliant album filler song ever.

What does he say here?

Get next to me, drive me close
Don't mamaguy* me, I lose control
Dance, dance, ??????, oh dance

It almost sounds like he says de fiyo.

Date: September 30, 2009 16:48

Gotta love that they left that very out of tune Mick T guitar at the end! 3:49!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 30, 2009 16:55

I thought Jimmy Page was referring to the El Mocambo 77 version...if so; he must have confused Ronnie with Keith.
Can't remember the exact quote from Page; does anybody have it?

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: October 1, 2009 02:11

Thanks for reminding me of the extended outtake version. I have not listened to it in a long time and rocking out to it right now.

Super, super track. Why they never trotted this out live (other than El Mo) is a mystery known only to Mick and his maker. This would have been perfect for the '75 or '78 tours or any other for that matter.

Just cooks, don't it?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 1, 2009 02:18

it was played early on the 75 tour

Date: October 1, 2009 03:04

How long was the CBS version? I don't have my copy.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 19, 2010 13:57

Oh man, this track gets the blood flowing, thanks to that awesome guitar sound and the phenomenal beat that pulsates through it. Perfect, locked-down rhythm between Keith and Charlie. This one's got the rock AND the roll, baby. One of the best tracks on IORR.

Drew

Posted by: cc ()
Date: September 19, 2010 20:03

this track is sort of a preview of ABB, 30 years in advance... a raw, somewhat underproduced basic track, not much of a lyric, and lead guitar tacked on top. And a bridge: which usually indicates mick is the main writer, at least in that period. Not too different from "Dangerous Beauty."

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 19, 2010 23:49

drewmaster
Oh man, this track gets the blood flowing, thanks to that awesome guitar sound and the phenomenal beat that pulsates through it. Perfect, locked-down rhythm between Keith and Charlie. This one's got the rock AND the roll, baby. One of the best tracks on IORR.

Drew
Perfect The Best. Last Totally Honest Fermcious,truly Blistering Authentic Most Incredible Rock Rhythm Section Ever. And Mick Is Fine Here. Nothn Like Db Or ABB process Imm. Love Everythng Bout This StuDio Trak Their Last Hurrah In A WAY amd Somdthng To Rival TheiR Same PROcess W BS Htw And FEROCIOUS Ya Ya Trak. Sory Bout Caps Etc New PHOne And LEARNING A7 i GO. i Apologize.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 20, 2010 00:04

Nice rocking song for one recorded in the early 1970's. Should be played live. Easy song to play.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 15, 2015 11:43

Keith is sounding great - his guitar as well as his vocals. Like many tracks on IORR, they clearly gave up writing the song before it was really done, however. This is classic Stones by numbers.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 15, 2015 12:40

Perfect sharing: Keith solid on rhythm guitar, MT brilliant on lead, the long bootleg version with the complete solo is even better and the sound pure and clear. Hot candidate for a deluxe treatment of IORR.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: August 15, 2015 14:26

Great song, I like that Stone age groove. One of Taylor's finest moments with the Stones, jumping between lead and rhythm guitar.

Posted by: Poetry ()
Date: August 15, 2015 16:08

I love it. Simple but effective. Great groove from Keith and awonderfully understated wobly lead by Mick Taylor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-15 16:09 by Poetry.

Posted by: Poetry ()
Date: August 15, 2015 16:10

LuxuryStones
Great song, I like that Stone age groove. One of Taylor's finest moments with the Stones, jumping between lead and rhythm guitar.

I think Keith does most of the rhytm here.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 15, 2015 16:18

Poetry
LuxuryStones

I think Keith does most of the rhytm here.

There is also much rhythm in the lead part. Keith's guitar is more stomping, so to speak.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 15, 2015 18:41

Like a freight train chugging along fast and steady - has always been a favorite of mine.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 15, 2015 19:01

have always loved this song...wish it had been played live more often.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 15, 2015 19:33

Don't think I've ever heard a live version, but I can see where it could improve and really cook on stage. Just like Dancing With Mister D, I didn't care for much until I heard the bootleg version from Brussels (not the 'official' bootleg.) If You Can't Rock Me is another that improves on stage.

Date: October 22, 2018 13:27

I hope it's okay that I drag out these old threads; but I been listening to these outtake discs for days now. Lots of 70's material. There are really well produced alternate mixes that I really don't recall ever hearing. That is why Stones boots are a very good thing.
They do a mix here with all in place; it is the official version. But the "Jump out of Africa" part appears twice. They must have edited it out. The funny thing though is that in true Keith production fashion, they add a tambourine in that first bridge, because it gores right into MT's guitar solo, and Keith always likes to give the solo a little kick. Its a real fast tambourine though, and at that point there are still a good 3 minutes of song left. And I don't know who has done much tambourine shaking in the studio, but it is not all that easy to stay perfectly on time for 3 minutes. You can hear the guy's wrist giving out pretty fast. I went and checked on official version - no tambourine.
These things wouldn't mean anything to most people in the world.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: October 22, 2018 14:01

Love the groove, never understood why it wasn't aired live more often. Also have a silly sentimental attachment to it in that I used to live in Frederick Street, Edinburgh!

Date: October 22, 2018 14:11

24FPS
Don't think I've ever heard a live version, but I can see where it could improve and really cook on stage. Just like Dancing With Mister D, I didn't care for much until I heard the bootleg version from Brussels (not the 'official' bootleg.) If You Can't Rock Me is another that improves on stage.

I hope you've heard this one in the meantime, since your 2015 post? smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 23, 2018 00:35

Didn’t Jimmy Miller used to shake a mean tambourine?
Billy Preston? What time is it/ year do not know joe

Would love the whole El Mocambo show(s) (Worried About You) sounding as clean as DP’s link of
live ‘Dance, Little Sister Dance’

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-23 00:36 by 35love.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 23, 2018 01:18

never really got into dance little sister.

the song is very basic and a bit tuneless.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 23, 2018 02:51

buttons67
never really got into dance little sister.

the song is very basic and a bit tuneless.

This is the Stone's "Marmite" song!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 23, 2018 11:07

DandelionPowderman

Amen to that. This is Keith, the genius of simplicity. The sound, the precision, the rhythmic clarity.

Date: October 23, 2018 11:14

Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman

Amen to that. This is Keith, the genius of simplicity. The sound, the precision, the rhythmic clarity.

LOL, I wrote that 9 years ago (but I'll stand by it) grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home