Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Björnulf, one important question for the pressconference..if you get the chance.
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 8, 2005 21:59

If you get a chance, ask them how they will set the ticketprices, without looking greedy? I feel this is one really important issue for all the fans. Don´t you agree?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Re: Björnulf, one important question for the pressconference..if you get the chance.
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 8, 2005 22:36

someone at the last press conference mentioned something about why they were charging even more than McCartney

Ronnie answered "there's 4 of us and only one of him".

Hardly a proper answer. Dont expect a logical excuse this time either.

Re: Björnulf, one important question for the pressconference..if you get the chance.
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 8, 2005 23:01

This is a great question but isn't the prices outside the boys control. It's the venues that determine the $$$ isn't it?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 8, 2005 23:16

The ticket prices seem to accelerate all over the sprectrum, not just Stones tix.
When you look back at the 2002/2003 princest hey weren't very expensive if you compare with other artists/groups since then.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 8, 2005 23:28

Since the ticket issue is up... Bjorn I live in Miami...If i get my sister, who lives in Raleigh NC (where I'm from) to purchase tickets on sale day ..I will have a better chance to obtain premium seats? i do not trust ticketmaster...and folks here in miami are so slack ...What do you think?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 8, 2005 23:32

mickijaggeroo, I don't think he can ask that without sounding greedy. Would YOU ask that? (even if it is indeed an important issue). I think Bjornulf has a good source inside the stones and just wants to keep it like that. Low profile.

Date: May 9, 2005 00:09

shattered Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a great question but isn't the prices
> outside the boys control. It's the venues that
> determine the $$$ isn't it?
>
> "the pool's in but the patio ain't dry."

hardly. If that was the case most acts would be something similar.

The Stones set their own ticket prices. Fact.

A lot of prospective arenas on this tour are being scared off due to the high guarantee that Cohl and the Stones are asking for - which is why you're going to get more stadium shows than at first thought. (more revenue but also probably more empty seats)

Date: May 9, 2005 00:25

Gazza, No offense but the price is really irrelevant to the scope of the bill. For example, a Miami Heat b-ball game runs around $100. they play over 100 games a year. Even my beloved Marlins cost me 60 per game (altogether) Hell you have to pay $10 dollars just top park at Dolphins (foenerly Joe Robbi) Stadium. the Stone do not play as frequently in comparison to the aforementioned entertainment venues... shit let's break shitty and go for it!! I'm going to the concert and I'm not driving... by the way "the pool's in...)great lyric yeah!! that hits or get to the jism!! I'm still trying to figure out the context or meaning of that lyric!!! lol

Call nme a nerd...but Imay go the Neil Diamonmd concert ..I like some of his songs ..Longfellow seranade is great when you're drunk!! LOL Crackwoman Rose too!! lol

Chris

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 9, 2005 00:31

Chris; Diamond is gold - he is king, wonderful, fantastic artist. Seriously.
But the prices to see Stones is unbelievable. Not all of us users here are millionaires.

" ---
And I got more money,
Then a horse has hairs.
Cause my rich old uncle died,
And answered all my prayers!

Having all this money,
Is going to bring me down.
If you ain't with me honey,
To help me spread it around!

---
Money, money, money, money.................... "

Date: May 9, 2005 00:52

Baboon, I'm not a millionaire as well. However, the Florida lottery is at 28 million for wednesday's drawing. If I win guess how much the cash only booty is? 50 percent of half of 28 million..yeah so we are talking 10 mill at the most. the lottery business has elevated the meaning of state govenment bureacacy(misspell) I do ok AT this time, but I'm at the mercy of corporate America...I work for a pharm. co. ...I'm off subject,,, Neil Diamond is playing in October at Ft laud, U2 in miami November ..the Stones? unclear at this point...the money is irrelevant...we bleed for the stones..where will you be seeing the Stones ? What state are you in? Don't worry about the money...it is ubitiquos

Date: May 9, 2005 01:21

No, its probably lika Gazza says: The initial info on prices has always been higher than the real ones.
I´m in Swden, I will most likely see the Stones in Göteborg in the middle (July?) or end (August: better time for outdoor concerts) of summer, at Nya Ullevi... As the Stones apparently shift from tour to tour between Sweden´s largest cities, and has done so since the days of the mammoths. I guess they do two showes bnut I hope for three or more. Depends if Oslo (Norway) will enjoy them or not, I suppose... Better (tryin to think like Mick now) bring Oslo to the Stones than the opposite... Let´s give it three shots. A cluc gig or in other more private form would be nice. A warm-up party with tsool before the gig would be just ok... Just phoned a friend who I hadnt heard from since 1985, thus 20 years, half our lives. Also off the subject.
... Anyway; I probably just will see them once... As I´m a rookie among these stone-hard fans I have never seen them before; and if its true this is the last tour I wuill never see them anymore, not as a group... I met ALO last autumn & I´m very into this now, made five hours radio show on the Stones for my local radio station (audible on the web [www.guld.nu] click: "Lyssna Live"), I hope they will resend them, slightly edited by me then, in the summer.
...On the issue of ticket prices; I´d like to see them at least twice, maybe a second time in Europe - or why not in Latin America, which I heard is a different experience (much thanks to the lower prices there, as I got it)... But Sweden is like a second home for the Stones (besides West India, French Riviera, Central France, Paris, London, Redlands, Kent, Devon, Connecticut, NYC, LA etc etc) , and a nice place to see them at... Temperature is rising.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-09 01:41 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 9, 2005 01:34

Harm: Yes I would. They´re just the Stones, and I am the great Mickijaggeroo, I demand answers! : )

Seriously, if I had the chance I would ask that question. Why not? I think it´s relevant. I know I´m going to pay the price the tickets cost,and I know my question won´t make a difference to them. But it would be good to remind them that their fans are normal working people with hopefully normal income, as if they´d care. If they just want to attract the ones with big pockets, why not play only small places with an even higher price? It´s all about psychology in the end. They know if a ticket would cost a 1000 USD, not many of us would go for it. But if it only costs 350 USD, it´s reachable for us, and we would moan a bit, and then pay...

So, yes I would ask, just to be a little thorn in their side. Then I would pay : ) .....as usual.

Shattered: It´s not out of their control. Their financial demand on the local promotor/venue forces these prices. When they played in Gothenburg in 98, the city had to subsidize some of the guaranteecosts for the event with taxmoney. As I live in Gothenburg, I payed twice..

Enough ranting from me, I just thought it would be interesting to get some reaction from them.
But Gazza reminded me of Ronnies answer from the Licks PC, so we should not expect any relevant answer this time either.

On to the next topic....: )

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-09 09:04 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: May 9, 2005 05:31

This is interesting. So, now it's a free for all...........thanks

Date: May 9, 2005 05:34

Chris Fountain Wrote:
> >
> Gazza, No offense but the price is really
> irrelevant to the scope of the bill. For
> example, a Miami Heat b-ball game runs around
> $100. they play over 100 games a year. Even my
> beloved Marlins cost me 60 per game (altogether)
> Hell you have to pay $10 dollars just top park at
> Dolphins (foenerly Joe Robbi) Stadium. the Stone
> do not play as frequently in comparison to the
> aforementioned entertainment venues... shit let's
> break shitty and go for it!! I'm going to the
> concert and I'm not driving... by the way "the
> pool's in...)great lyric yeah!! that hits or get
> to the jism!! I'm still trying to figure out the
> context or meaning of that lyric!!! lol

yeah but last time I looked, this was still supposed to be rock n roll.

Compare it to a rock n roll event, not a sports event. Thats what the ticket prices should relate to. Its not baseball, nor is it Broadway, nor is it Las Vegas.

If you want to compare it to a top sports event, you can find plenty worldwide that are far cheaper than a Stones concert, so with respect its a moot point. £50-60 will get you a great seat at a top Premierhip football game for example. It will barely get you into the car park at a Stones show.

The Stones get a certain guarantee for each show, regardless of how many tickets are sold....in an arena that seats 20,000 its going to be very hard for the local promoter to break even if a band is asking for an amount that most bands wouldnt even ask for in a stadium of 60,000 people. So, a lot of these arenas will pass on the chance to host a Stones gig because its going to be very hard in MOST markets to fill a 20,000 seater arena if youre asking the locals to pay on average about $150-200 a ticket. You might be able to get away with that in a huge urban area like New york or Chicago, but its unlikely to happen in too many secondary markets. Therefore you end up with fewer arena shows outside the main cities - and a lot of stadiums with slow sales and some empty seats.

And the larger a show is, the less chances you know they'll take with the setlist.

I mean, do they really NEED to make a couple of million dollars per SHOW or whatever it is?

PS : I think the "pools in but the patio aint dry" may be some kind of metaphor for female sexual arousal. Just my own hunch. LOL

Date: May 9, 2005 05:52

Hey Gazza: This is what I'm thinking now with these ticket prices. Lots of stadiums with slow sales and some empty seats. Well, how did Cher do her tour? Ya know, she toured for quite some time and knows alot.

Date: May 9, 2005 06:08

Gazza, your points are well articulated and received. However, baseball, football, soccer, is very much related to concerts in the framework to the financial burden of the consumer. Your illustration of arena economics was precise. Consequently, the fan (regardless of taste or choice) does mot measure the wallet to the nature of the event. Again, I will stand by my belief that paying $200 or $300 periodocally is more prudent than routinely spending a little less on events as previously discussed.

I mean no offense.

C

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: May 9, 2005 09:04

Many good points have been raised. I may have this wrong, but I don't think so....it has always been my understanding that Cohl really did change the playing field. Think about it, in 1989, and before, there were always things like comp tickets. Lots of tickets...Sessler, Callaghan, etc all had them. Free comp tickets. In their pockets. Sell them or hand them out, whatever.

Then Cohl changed it up. The Stones were offered this simple deal: Every show is a guarenteed sell-out. At a pre-determined price. How can this be? Because Cohl buys every seat. All seats are owned by Cohl before the rehearsals even start. He bought 'em, and he owns 'em. Now he just needs to sell the seats to the venue. In the past his gamble has been incredibly successful.

I just don't think guys like Bill Graham ever stuctered the deal like this.

Again, I may have this wrong. If I do, please correct. Thanks.

Date: May 9, 2005 09:22

Chris F; you are frighteing me.
Is this a forum for W.A.S.P... ?? )yes, we all know it).
Come on; w e may afford it, buit whatabout all our 10 and 15 and 20 year old WASP jr´s & all the poor ghetto people in the suburbs.
You dont have to be a Nobel Prize winner in Economics to find oiut that the ticket prices are too goddam high!!! Wake up!!

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: May 9, 2005 10:37

souldoggie

how can cohl buy all seats when tour is announced? they don't even know exactly how many shows and where at that time. I thought it's the local promoter who will have to guarantee a minimum amount for the stones, if he sells or not, he will have to pay. that goes to the stones and a cut to cohl. cohl simply manages all these promoters and main sponsors. i don't think cohl would have to pay the stones any shortfall that he might face with local promoters or slack ticket sales. however i'm here to learn

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 9, 2005 10:58

Questions regarding tour itinerary, venues, dates, ticket prices, tickets sales etc etc should be directed to Michael Cohl. Maybe he will begin by presenting such information.

Questions to the band should, IMO, be focused on the new album and the new songs.

Date: May 9, 2005 11:27

erikjjf Wrote:
---
>
> Questions to the band should, IMO, be focused on
> the new album and the new songs.

Of course! But its scary that there are people here that find the prices ok.
That was my point. No matter how many angry hard core fans would be there cokmplaining over the prices for tickets; it´s n o good timing doing that under a press conference; on the other hand I´m sure the boys just would be refreshed by one or two creamy cakes (nb metaphor) in their faces (like at BB:s release part...). smiling smiley

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: May 9, 2005 12:30

I thought Cohl cut the local promoters out of the deal?

It scares me to think what the prices are this time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home