Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OFF TOPICS policy
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: July 22, 2009 14:44

BV
wouldn't be a solution to move the OT to the "All sold out" section? Most of the "All sold out" threads are already off-topics and it's not visited frequently.
Await comments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-22 20:50 by bv.

Re: OFF TOPICS x bv
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 22, 2009 20:50

Sorry no. I don't want a backyard with Off Topic posts. Not on Tell Me. Not on the other two forums here on IORR. Every single forum on IORR take a lot of time (my private spare time) to monitor and check. Every time somebody post too long subject lines or something offending or something off topic and so on it generate extra work for me to clean up. It is either very few Off Topic in total or no IORR Forum at all. I think most people want IORR to be here. Big newspaper portals have a paid staff to monitor and clean up after people who post in a bad way. I don't have that staff. And I don't want that staff, not even if they are free. I am in charge of the servers and the content, and I have been running IORR since 1995 i.e. for 14 years without the need of a staff of moderators, so I think I can handle it for some more years. But there is one simple requirement: Read the help and policy link on the top of the forum pages. That's all. Thanks!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Re: OFF TOPICS x bv
Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: July 22, 2009 21:04

bv
Sorry no. I don't want a backyard with Off Topic posts. Not on Tell Me. Not on the other two forums here on IORR. Every single forum on IORR take a lot of time (my private spare time) to monitor and check. Every time somebody post too long subject lines or something offending or something off topic and so on it generate extra work for me to clean up. It is either very few Off Topic in total or no IORR Forum at all. I think most people want IORR to be here. Big newspaper portals have a paid staff to monitor and clean up after people who post in a bad way. I don't have that staff. And I don't want that staff, not even if they are free. I am in charge of the servers and the content, and I have been running IORR since 1995 i.e. for 14 years without the need of a staff of moderators, so I think I can handle it for some more years. But there is one simple requirement: Read the help and policy link on the top of the forum pages. That's all. Thanks!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Couldn't you get a work experience kid in to help? Only kidding!!!!!!

Re: OFF TOPICS policy
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 22, 2009 23:24

It seems to be getting more covered, the range of OTs. And a lot of beef about U2, which I still don't quite get. I get that people don't like them and like to put their $10 worth in. But to get mad about it? They use the same people the Stones do for a part of their deal. To me that is relevant in a very obtuse way. And really, good for them regardless. The Stones can't go everyday of the year. So U2 is a huge band. So be it.

Once the Stones get going again I'm sure a lot of it will go away - because they are why we are here. I do my best to make my OTs Stones related - then again, I ranted about Dell computers the other day and it was removed before I had a chance to see if anyone else feels like I do. No big deal. I even said Sorry in the subject.

I love the random 'What about this' or whatever, the Bridges/Middle 8s, something about a song, not the song but something specific, with the Stones, that we have here. Even the Taylorites is still fun, as ranting, argumentative and piss matching as it can get. I guess in a sense it is up to us to keep it more Stones. I will do my best to refrain from OTs...but like I said, if there are some, I will do my best to keep them Stones related.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2746
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home