Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: OT - Canada Day!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 1, 2015 15:57

love Canada Day!
happy 148th birthday Canada!

OT: HAPPY CANADA DAY...YA HOSERS
Posted by: David Neal ()
Date: July 1, 2015 17:35

While the United States gears up to celebrate Independence Day on Saturday, a huge party is already in full swing north of the border. Canada Day falls on July 1st every year and it is a federal holiday celebrating the Constitution Act of 1867. When it comes to celebrating their national day, Canadians engage in similar activities to their US neighbors on the 4th of July.

According to an Ipsos poll, 40 percent of people will attend a fireworks show this year while 32 percent will gather with friends. The poll also examined some quintessentially Canadian quirks. 50 percent of Canadians say the toque is their country’s most typical clothing item. 49 percent admitted to using the expression “eh” occasionally while just under half consider themselves “casual hockey fans”. When it comes to food, 35 percent said Canadian bacon is their country’s national dish. In terms of the country’s musicians, only 2 percent of respondents felt proud to call Justin Bieber Canadian.

ON A SIDE NOTE.....TG FOR THE ROLLING STONES

Re: OT: HAPPY CANADA DAY...YA HOSERS
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 1, 2015 19:54

Question.

what do you call a nice American ?

ANSWER.

A Canadian.

only joking winking smileywinking smiley

have a great day guys smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-01 19:58 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 1, 2015 19:56

I wanted to go to Yorkdale mall (in Toronto) today because I have the day off work for Canada Day, but unfortunately for me, so do all of their employees...

Happy Canada Day! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 1, 2015 20:04

alieb
I wanted to go to Yorkdale mall (in Toronto) today because I have the day off work for Canada Day, but unfortunately for me, so do all of their employees...

And yet... There was garbage collection! Which I nearly missed. What a weird country.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 1, 2015 23:24

Happy Canada Day to all those who reside there, and especially those in Toronto, my second homesmiling smiley

Date: July 1, 2015 23:27

alieb

Oh Dear God, why? I have nightmares about the times the wife has dragged me there!

Date: July 1, 2015 23:36

(Thanks Q107)

And...let's all wear this in QuebecCity! winking smiley

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: July 2, 2015 04:08

Happy Canada Day! Hopefully the stones will be playing here soon...

Date: July 2, 2015 04:52

PalaisRoyale
Happy Canada Day! Hopefully the stones will be playing here soon...

unfortunately the closest they're coming is Quebec.

Date: July 2, 2015 05:05

Big Al
alieb

Oh Dear God, why? I have nightmares about the times the wife has dragged me there!

My only answer is that I probably have more in common with your wife, haha. I am a 20-year-old girl who loves to shop and I was trying to find a pair of pants that are on sale that they only have in my size there and at Square One. I live downtown, but I will go to great lengths for a good deal.

Date: July 2, 2015 05:45

treaclefingers

Gaah! Bite your tongue! Although I haven't heard any TO rumours for a while now. (Boys, why hath thou foresaken us?)

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 06:59

alieb
Big Al
alieb

My only answer is that I probably have more in common with your wife, haha. I am a 20-year-old girl who loves to shop and I was trying to find a pair of pants that are on sale that they only have in my size there and at Square One. I live downtown, but I will go to great lengths for a good deal.

Are there flights from doontoon (downtown) to square one?

Date: July 2, 2015 07:28

Sorry for being late to the Canada Party, eh!

Date: July 2, 2015 15:45

SomeTorontoGirl
treaclefingers

Gaah! Bite your tongue! Although I haven't heard any TO rumours for a while now. (Boys, why hath thou foresaken us?)

that was less a stones touring reference and more a thinly veiled separatist reference.

My Canada includes Quebec!

Date: July 2, 2015 17:18

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

That's my family coat of arms! (Well, it is now...) grinning smiley

Date: July 2, 2015 17:24

SomeTorontoGirl
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

That's my family coat of arms! (Well, it is now...) grinning smiley

Go for it! thumbs up grinning smiley thumbs up

Date: July 2, 2015 18:16

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Go for it! thumbs up grinning smiley thumbs up

Goose needs to be wearing a Stones shirt though...

Date: July 2, 2015 18:43

Here ya go, SomeTorontoGirl!

I put blood, sweat, tears, and....nah, just used Microsoft Paint. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-02 18:45 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Date: July 2, 2015 18:53

Brilliant! Preserved for future generations. Must share your handiwork with the masses...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-02 18:54 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Date: July 2, 2015 19:37

alieb
Big Al
alieb

Ah, I see. Well, that figures. Downtown, eh? Lucky you. We're near the Keel St/Shepherd Avenue area.

Date: July 3, 2015 03:33

roller99
alieb
Big Al
alieb

Are there flights from doontoon (downtown) to square one?

no but there should be spinning smiley sticking its tongue out And my metropass should cover them!

Date: July 3, 2015 06:56

SomeTorontoGirl
Brilliant! Preserved for future generations. Must share your handiwork with the masses...

I try, thanks SomeTorontoGirl!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 4, 2015 04:55

Big Al
alieb
Big Al
alieb

Ah, I see. Well, that figures. Downtown, eh? Lucky you. We're near the Keel St/Shepherd Avenue area.

What street?

Date: July 5, 2015 20:16

roller99
Big Al
alieb
Big Al
alieb

What street?

Shepherd Avenue West

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 6, 2015 03:03

Date: July 1, 2016 05:47

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

Sorry for being late to the Canada Party, eh!

...and, we're back! Making shameless use of BTMMR's lovely post from last year [smooch!] wishing all Canucks, and just about everyone else, a Happy Canada Day - and Memorial Day in Newfoundland. Grab a beer, grab a moose, grab a guy or gal, plant your lips on all of them and enjoy the hell out of the day! Grateful for our country, and friends, and the &@#%!!! Rolling Stones!

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: July 1, 2016 06:21

It's arguable that Canada saved the Rolling Stones!

Date: July 1, 2016 06:27

MileHigh
It's arguable that Canada saved the Rolling Stones!

And yet we are cruelly spurned of late! How soon they forget. Malingering b*stards.

Date: July 1, 2016 06:38

woo hoo!

Happy 149 C A N A D A !!!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home