Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie Is My Darling DVD
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 24, 2009 09:45

Charlie Is My Darling, the 16 mm movie from the 60's, is due out on DVD by August 3 i UK and Europe. It has been available since last year in North America. But be warned, it does NOT include the original music. See below for details...

Bjornulf

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: June 23, 2009 11:21

[www.play.com]
just found thisby chance , the question is why now and is itthe first of many surprises?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-24 09:28 by bv.

Re: is this the start of something more interesting ???
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 23, 2009 11:25

here's the other thread about the same release: [www.iorr.org]
i really hope it isn't just another bootleg, but so far i don't see any evidence of that.
bootlegs really do creep into regular shops, so the fact that amazon.co.uk and play.com have it doesn't mean much.

Re: is this the start of something more interesting ???Charlie is My Darling on DVD
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: June 23, 2009 11:34

sorry guys , hadn't noticed the other thread, hope it isn't as with sssoul says a boootleg that has crept into the mainstream , I really do hope that it is the start of some well over due releases .

Re: is this the start of something more interesting ???Charlie is My Darling on DVD
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 23, 2009 11:35

Been out in the US since late 2008, according to amazon.com's listings.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 23, 2009 11:55

ive seen the DVD for sale at Amoeba Records in SF although not recently. It was a bit pricy though. around 50 dollars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-23 11:56 by ryanpow.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: June 22, 2009 12:33

Apparently an official release on August 3rd. Sorry if this has been posted already.

Re: Charlie Is My Darling DVD
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 22, 2009 12:56

Also "The Swinging 60s - The Rolling Stones" DVD is released on 27 July.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 22, 2009 13:06

Are these Allen Klein releases ?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 22, 2009 13:46

[www.amazon.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: June 22, 2009 14:55

Cool...can finally upgrade me bootleg!

Date: June 23, 2009 09:50

cool if it really is a] not a bootleg, b] decent quality and c] not just that "Rolling With the Stones" mini-documentary
that includes excerpts from Charlie Is My Darling ...

a couple of years ago there was an edition of CIMD available in regular shops that turned out to be a strikingly poor quality bootleg.
the shop i ordered it from refunded the money and discontinued the item, but ... well, caveat emptor and all that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-23 11:53 by with sssoul.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 23, 2009 12:14

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 23, 2009 20:37

I have a dvd put out in 2008 under the same name by CINEBX copyright ALLIED ARTISTS CORP. with a different cover. While its a mint copy of the 16mm print bought at auction the original Stones MUSIC on my copy was replaced by new background music (to avoid copyright infringement??) I dont know if this is the same thing or not.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: June 23, 2009 21:16

Gazza
Been out in the US since late 2008, according to amazon.com's listings.

This one is out since last year (in the USA):
[www.amazon.com]

But this here is a new release, release date August 3, 2009 (in Europe):
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: June 23, 2009 22:22

Yep.midnrambler, thats the one(USA) that I have. The only music on it played by Stones is the acoustic jam that Keith is doing while Brian and Charlie are sitting there (Salty Dog?) and the "Drunken" Mick and Keith" piano jam. It kinda takes something outta of it for me(sure wish we knew who had the complete "live" segments!-if anyone)

Charlie Is My darling (again)
Posted by: perosand ()
Date: June 24, 2009 01:48

For sale on play.com

[www.play.com]

Perry

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: June 24, 2009 12:20

So far all versions i have (or have seen) are bad quality. This one ok?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 24, 2009 14:46

So I assume then that both the US and now the upcoming UK releases don't have the original music? What's the use in this then??!

Date: June 25, 2009 00:06

Well, the picture quality is a MAJOR improvement but I agee with you that not having the complete original sound screws the whole thing up! It would be nice if someone(HEEHEE) could synch the regular version sound with this video!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 25, 2009 00:22

So who is behind this (official?) release?
When the music is missing it can't be the Klein tribe.

Date: June 25, 2009 10:04

>> It would be nice if someone could synch the regular version sound with this video! <<

actually there are two versions of CIMD - the "regular" version and an "alternate" with some bits of different footage.
there are also differences in the "background music": one includes Goin Home, for example, and the other doesn't.

moreover, there's a Mick Interview (similar to the Bill/Brian/Charlie interviews) that wasn't included
but which circulates as a bootleg, usually with such lousy picture quality that it looks like the Mick is melting.

so what would be *really* great would be if someone would put together a good-quality edition of ALL of the above.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home