Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jagger at Doors Hollywood Bowl Show?
Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: April 29, 2009 21:54

Was Mick and Jimmy Miller at the Doors famous Hollywood Bowl show?

Re: Jagger at Doors Hollywood Bowl Show?
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 29, 2009 22:14

Yes, Jagger was, don't know about Jimmy Miller but if they were working on an album or something together then probably..... There's a bit of footage of Jagger in the audience, 2 nd or 3rd row center-ish I believe.... all the little girls are freaking out.... Sorry, it's been awhile....

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: April 30, 2009 01:33

Jagger dined with the band before the gig. I remember reading in Densmore's autobio that he was quite dissapointed not getting to sit at the same table as Mick...

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: April 30, 2009 02:21

Does anyone else remember Jagger's famous response to the show?

Click here.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: April 30, 2009 04:00

Hey guys, thanks for the info . . .

hey the imposter, funny you gave a link to that book and page; Last night I was reading that book and stopped at the top of that page!!!!!!! unbelievable!! very much a coincidence . . .

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 30, 2009 05:47

r u sure it was a coincidence??

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 30, 2009 10:00

I aint do goddam sure bout that I can say.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 30, 2009 10:23

Sohoe
Jagger dined with the band before the gig. I remember reading in Densmore's autobio that he was quite dissapointed not getting to sit at the same table as Mick...

Break On Through p 255 :

"Mick Jagger and Jimmy Miller ,The Stones's producer,had gone out with the Doors to dinner and now they were sitting up front which no doubt added some more pressure on Morrison,as Jagger watched his every move."

p 267:
"After the Hollywood Bowl someone had asked Mick Jagger what he thought of Morrison's performance,he answered wryly :A BORE .

In "Angels Dance and Angels Die: The Tragic Romance of Pamela and Jim Morrison"
Jim Morrison did meet Mick Jagger was before the Doors played at the Hollywood Bowl , they hung out at his apartment(or hotel room ) in Hollywood it is also said he took acid before the gig;

Here you can read some Robbie Krieger comments about it:
[www.genesis-publications.com]

"We went out for dinner beforehand with Mick Jagger and Mick liked Jim's girfriend Pamela;Jim didn't like that .Mick and Pamela ended up sitting in the middle of the frontrow in the concert

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: April 30, 2009 10:29

Coz Jagger would answer pejoratively,Jimbo was his only equal
and perhaps even Jimbo could be seen as, at least a great night, much superior as
a charismatic stage personality. And soon the world were to discover Mr Pop.
Anybody know anymore about Jimbo drinkin' with Iggy?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: April 30, 2009 10:37

"We went out for dinner beforehand with Mick Jagger and Mick liked Jim's girfriend Pamela;Jim didn't like that .Mick and Pamela ended up sitting in the middle of the frontrow in the concert"

Well if the only thing in Mick's mind at the moment was how to get into Pamela's culotte, I can see how the concert was a bore for him.

Date: April 30, 2009 10:58

Baboon Bro
Coz Jagger would answer pejoratively,Jimbo was his only equal
and perhaps even Jimbo could be seen as, at least a great night, much superior as
a charismatic stage personality. And soon the world were to discover Mr Pop.
Anybody know anymore about Jimbo drinkin' with Iggy?

Hi,Baboon !
Have you read "Wonderland Avenue" Tales of glamour and Excess by Danny Sugerman ?
He speaks about Jimmy ,and also about Iggy.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: April 30, 2009 11:26

Reckon thats where I fetched it.

Wonder if there ever were a stage large enuff for
the co-appearance of Jimbo, Iggy & Jagger? smileys with beer

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 30, 2009 14:41

Another little Stones-Doors link

Jim's arrest for being drunk and disorderly on board an aircraft in November 1969 occurred when he was en route to see the Stones' concert in Phoenix.

Date: April 30, 2009 16:12

Lions in the street and roaming
Dogs in heat, rabid, foaming
A beast caged in the heart of a city
The body of his mother
Rotting in the summer ground
He fled the town
He went down South and crossed the border
Left the chaos and disorder
Back there over his shoulder
One morning he awoke in a green hotel
With a strange creature groaning beside him
Sweat oozed from its shiny skin
Is everybody in?
The ceremony is about to begin
Wake up!
You can't remember where it was
Had this dream stopped?
The snake was pale gold
Glazed and shrunken
We were afraid to touch it
The sheets were hot dead prisons
Now, run to the mirror in the bathroom
Look!
I can't live thru each slow century of her moving
I let my cheek slide down
The cool smooth tile
Feel the good cold stinging blood
The smooth hissing snakes of rain . . .
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean
I mean the game called 'go insane'
Now you should try this little game
Just close your eyes forget your name
Forget the world forget the people
And we'll erect a different steeple
This little game is fun to do
Just close your eyes no way to lose
And I'm right there I'm going too
Release control we're breaking thru
Way back deep into the brain
Back where there's never any pain
And the rain falls gently on the town
And in the labyrinth of streams
Beneath, the quiet unearthly presence of
Nervous hill dwellers in the gentle hills around
Reptiles abounding
Fossils, caves, cool air heights
Each house repeats a mold
Windows rolled
Beast car locked

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: May 3, 2009 17:50

HelterSkelter
Yes, Jagger was, don't know about Jimmy Miller but if they were working on an album or something together then probably..... There's a bit of footage of Jagger in the audience, 2 nd or 3rd row center-ish I believe.... all the little girls are freaking out.... Sorry, it's been awhile....

do you remember during which tracks there are Jagger's footages?

Date: May 3, 2009 18:09

It MIGHT be right before they start BACK DOOR MAN, not 100% sure...... (and I might have seen it on the VIDEO "THE BEST OF" or something..... I think the newly made STRANGE DAYS video is the first selection on this tape....

Date: May 3, 2009 20:23

HelterSkelter
It MIGHT be right before they start BACK DOOR MAN, not 100% sure...... (and I might have seen it on the VIDEO "THE BEST OF" or something..... I think the newly made STRANGE DAYS video is the first selection on this tape....

I do remember footage of the crowd before Back Door Man/5 To 1 ,I am going to check my video .But it's not on "The Best Of" ,it's on "Live On The Hollywood Bowl "and the first number was "Whiskey Bar" .

Date: May 3, 2009 21:56

That's right, they do that 3 song medley (WHISKEY BAR/BACK DOOR MAN/5 TO 1) so I think it's at the beginning of Whiskey Bar..... Yes, it's the HOLLYWOOD BOWL Concert but I believe they use parts of the show on the "best of" also. I have all that Doors stuff on DVD but I remember the BEST OF tape laying around as I was making some component (Super VHS/DVD PLAYER) changes to my home theater stereo.....

BTW SwayStone, do you live in Paris ?

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 3, 2009 22:29

Here's the beginning of Whisky Bar, but I don't think I can see Mick here:

Date: May 3, 2009 22:43

HelterSkelter
That's right, they do that 3 song medley (WHISKEY BAR/BACK DOOR MAN/5 TO 1) so I think it's at the beginning of Whiskey Bar..... Yes, it's the HOLLYWOOD BOWL Concert but I believe they use parts of the show on the "best of" also. I have all that Doors stuff on DVD but I remember the BEST OF tape laying around as I was making some component (Super VHS/DVD PLAYER) changes to my home theater stereo.....

BTW SwayStone, do you live in Paris ?

No,I don't . I live in Lyon ,the 3d town of France ,246 miles from Paris , a bit less than LA to San Francisco as far as I can remember.winking smiley.

And you ?

Date: May 4, 2009 00:05

Well, I live in Los Angeles but have a small apartment in Paris. I love France, would like to live there most of the time. America is quickly becoming something I don't like. It's a bit better now in the states (2009) but 2001 to 2008 it was a nightmare. My Girl friend and I got the apartment in late 2001, October/November I think..... used to go a lot but the last few years the Dollar $ has been SO weak !!!
Must start going again, need to find a new house sitter for LA - ugh !!! My cousin's son from Sweden might stay here and watch the house, maybe smiling smiley - he's 20 and loves to party, not the best situation for house sitter ....

franzk - you must look at video's and /or DVD's not YouTube were they could edit it out.......It's just a crowd scene, not 100% easy to spot Mick (must use pause on remote control)......

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 4, 2009 06:28

from what i've read , morrison was afraid jagger would steal some of his stage moves.

Date: May 4, 2009 09:36

HelterSkelter
Well, I live in Los Angeles but have a small apartment in Paris. ---- need to find a new house sitter for LA - ugh !!! My cousin's son from Sweden might stay here and watch the house, maybe smiling smiley - he's 20 and loves to party, not the best situation for house sitter ....

-----

Well, Helter, when my kids gets a little older I'd (might) be glad to be yer house sitter. I dont like to party either. smiling smiley

Date: May 4, 2009 11:29

HelterSkelter
Well, I live in Los Angeles but have a small apartment in Paris. I love France, would like to live there most of the time. America is quickly becoming something I don't like. It's a bit better now in the states (2009) but 2001 to 2008 it was a nightmare. My Girl friend and I got the apartment in late 2001, October/November I think..... used to go a lot but the last few years the Dollar $ has been SO weak !!!
Must start going again, need to find a new house sitter for LA - ugh !!! My cousin's son from Sweden might stay here and watch the house, maybe smiling smiley - he's 20 and loves to party, not the best situation for house sitter ....

My last time in LA was in 1991 ;quite a long time .
If I felt in love with NYC,I really loved L.A too , which was quite surprising for an European person (here in France they always say L.A is too huge ) .You can ask for my mail adress if you want some news from France .I'd love to hear how it is nowadays in L.A.

No Jagger in the Hollywood Bowl video ,neither in the book called "Strange Days ,my life with and without Jim Morrison from Patricia Kennealy (whom met Morrison in January 1969 )
nor in "Living & Dying with J.M from Judy Huddeleston (who had an affair with Jim in 1967 )

The only information I get is from this John Densmore book "Riders On The Storm ".
When I was in L.A for the 1st time in 1990 I tried to meet people who could have been involved with The Doors ,and went to the famous places Jim used to be ,from "Bearney's Beanery " to Château Marmont and Griffith Observatory.I met Danny Sugerman once in a library near the Whiskey a Go Go on Sunset (unfortunately he wouldn't invite me at his place for a talk )and bought this book in a book dedication .

We got a call from Jimmy Miller ,the Stones's producer ,and he said that he and Mick would like to come to the Bowl .Mick Jagger !We were impressed until they drove in front of our office to go to dinner with us .Robby said : "John ,look at the car they're driving " .It was a Cadillac ,and not even an old one .Was Mick selling out ? Our entourage went to Mu Ling's Chinese restaurent on Sunset Boulevard and unfortunately ,since they were too many people in our group ,we sat at two separtate tables.Mick sat at the other table .Jimmy Miller talked up a storm ,but I wanted to hear the interaction between the two lead singers,and may be put my two cents in .
As we drove to the back of the Bowl ,it felt like attending a huge baseball game .
...Out the corner of my eyes,I could see Mick watching very atentively .

Jimmy Miller and Mick Jagger snuck around to one of the reserved boxes and we went out onstage to eighteen thousand roaring people .I wanted to show the Stones 'lead singer how good we could be.
Not tonight.
Damn it !I wished we were better ....I couldn't put my finger on what wents wrong.....We didn't have anough power and Jim's pauses were too long on some songs.....
-What went wrong ? I asked Robbie
-" Jim took acid right before going on .
-God Damn it !! I hurled my drumsticks to the floor ...

Later Jagger was very kind when Melody Maker ,the english music magazine,asked him how he liked the Doors .Hesaid "they're very nice chaps ,but they played a bit too long ".

Date: May 4, 2009 22:27

I'll answer all the other stuff later to Swaystone (here's my E-mail - Dudester820@hotmail.com - I'll take it off in a few days. Please make any E-mail in English. Unfortunately, my French is very bad... but just for a while smiling smiley SOMEDAY it will be SUPER !!!) and Baboon Bro but lets back up to the clip (which I finally did reinvestigate). Freeze the frame at 0:13 and check out the guy in the light Pink shirt with the thick black hair (this would have been mid 1968, around the time of making the PERFORMANCE movie so he did dye his hair black and it was cut to be full). The person next to him has the same hair style as the guy in the film GIMME SHELTER working on the LITTLE QUEENIE live (Ya-Ya's) mix in the studio somewhere (part of the extra footage on the Criterion Collection) - Jimmy Miller?? Look earlier at the girl on the right (their left) a few seats away.... obviously she's spotted someone famous or SOMETHING cause of her reaction. My GF, me, other friends all think its Mick - what do you think?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-05 17:46 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 4, 2009 22:42

That ain't Mick.

Date: May 4, 2009 22:51

His Majesty
That ain't Mick.

Why isn't it? He's not going to look exactly like "MJ Album Cover Man" cause the lighting is shit down there (I'm a photographer, I know a bit about how it works.... so why is the girl to the left of him tripping out.... HM, I think you're just expecting the BLACK AND BLUE cover to jump out at you - don't work that way amigo.......

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 4, 2009 23:04

It could be, but I'm not fully convinced. When he moves his head towards the stage (briefly before there is a cut to Morrison) his face has some resemblance of Mick. On the other hand, who is the girl on his left he's talking to? He has his arm around her, but it's clearly not Marianne nor Anita. A groupie? I don't know.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 4, 2009 23:05

HelterSkelter

Why isn't it? He's not going to look exactly like "MJ Album Cover Man" cause the lighting is shit down there (I'm a photographer, I know a bit about how it works.... so why is the girl to the left of him tripping out.... HM, I think you're just expecting the BLACK AND BLUE cover to jump out at you - don't work that way amigo.......

You're assuming my reasons.

Mick circa July 1968 looks different, a good few months till he got his hair dyed and had it that long. Plus the profile of the guy just doesn't look like Mick to me.

If anything, it looks more like Bill did at that time, or Donovan.

I just think it's some groovy la dude.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-04 23:19 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Gimme Shelter ()
Date: May 4, 2009 23:18

Hi Helter, i think you are right. Especially the girl to "Micks" left looks like Jims girl Pam Courson. I read somewhere that she had her seat next to him..

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home