Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT;Susan Boyle - Singer - Britains Got Talent 2009
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 17, 2009 14:45

What an amazing voice !

Re: OT;Susan Boyle - Singer - Britains Got Talent 2009
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 17, 2009 15:43

Fantastic voice and event in itself. Watching how she is turning the crowd from being hostile to all raising up and applauding is just impressing. I play it again and again and just love it!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 17, 2009 15:52

........yup...never judge a book by its cover...great TV/internet moment.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: April 17, 2009 16:26

I first saw this earlier in the week and have watched it several times since...I find it very uplifting. I watched a few times before I left for work this morning and was in high spirits. Until, that is, I realized when I got to work that my coffee order was f'ed up.

I think I'd better have another listen!

Go Susan Boyle!!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 17, 2009 16:44

I don't even like that kind of music but have watched that several times and found it fascinating!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 17, 2009 16:45

I LOVE THIS!!!! I was so happy for her!!! I've watched it a few times as well and it makes me teary.

I wish Simon would give her her first kiss.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 17, 2009 17:08

Lisa Fischer's job with The Stones, is in jeopardy

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 17, 2009 17:29

Rip This
........yup...never judge a book by its cover...

I imagine that's what Stu kept telling Andrew Oldham.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 17, 2009 17:29

Great Great Story.... I love stuff like this in this effed up world when something so real and positive happens for a change.... I hope the Press doesn't destroy her...

She should do "SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW" next time - one of the most beautiful songs ever written - this beautiful soul (Susan Boyle) needs to sing it to move all of us .....

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 17, 2009 17:34

Ok, I don't get this. Close your eyes then listen. She aint THAT good. get past the hype, the looks, the editing and its nothing special?

She'll be another Paul Potts. Cowells golden egg, worked for a year, knock out a ropey album and short tour then thrown to the lions never to be heard of again.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 17, 2009 17:42

you're joking mate, that Potts bloke, has sold millions...

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: April 17, 2009 17:52

Ablett

Ok, I don't get this. Close your eyes then listen. She aint THAT good. get past the hype, the looks, the editing and its nothing special?
She'll be another Paul Potts. Cowells golden egg, worked for a year, knock out a ropey album and short tour then thrown to the lions never to be heard of again.

100% with you on this. She's got a mediocre voice & talent. It's pure 'hype-television'; well orchestrated by the 'theatrical' reactions of the jury (SURELY you people don't believe they're being spontanious, are you??) -

But hey, everybody: if you enjoy it... keep on enjoying it!
I won't stand in anyone's way.
I just find all this (media-manipulated) hype-culture very, very creepy.

... and about these (ahum)"talent"-(ahum)"contests" on television:
try & enjoy Ben Elton's "Chart Throb" (satirical novel, UK, 2006). Great fun!

Date: April 17, 2009 17:55

you guys probably don't believe in Santa Claus either. JOY KILL!!!

Date: April 17, 2009 17:58

Some people are a bit deaf around here.... She has an Amazing voice. That's the kind of voice that puts you in the starring role of a Broadway Musical (or West End I guess if we're talkin' LONDON) I also believe she has "Perfect Pitch" (some expert help me out here) Only 1 in 10,000 people have perfect pitch, I know I don't, most singers don't......

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 17, 2009 18:03

Her story is about the triumph of the human spirit! She was a nobody, living for her mother who encouraged her to be SOMEBODY before she died! She sang in church every week, the locals knew and loved her, but she didn't stand a chance at being anything close to famous. Her mother died and she swore she'd try to achieve something for her mother. This woman deserves all of the good things that come her way; it's like winning the Irish Sweepstakes! You can be as cynical as you want, some people GET IT, and recognize a bit of themselves in Susan Boyle. I say GO GIRL!

Date: April 17, 2009 18:05

mickschix
Her story is about the triumph of the human spirit! She was a nobody, living for her mother who encouraged her to be SOMEBODY before she died! She sang in church every week, the locals knew and loved her, but she didn't stand a chance at being anything close to famous. Her mother died and she swore she'd try to achieve something for her mother. This woman deserves all of the good things that come her way; it's like winning the Irish Sweepstakes! You can be as cynical as you want, some people GET IT, and recognize a bit of themselves in Susan Boyle. I say GO GIRL!

Well said!!! I agree wholeheartedly.

For all that weren't even a little bit moved

SUCK IT!!!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 17, 2009 18:06

The same with this Potts guy last year (or when it was).
Those shows make me sick. Dozens of untalented people are
butchered in public, though everyone knows they got no talent
- just for the fun of the masses.

And the other thing: They are judging the looks of the people.
Potts and this woman are not attractive at all, and they are
laughed at because of their belly or x-legs or their peering.
And suddenly everybody is crying and is touched by their talent.

This whole concept of these shows is inhuman.

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: April 17, 2009 18:08

Well, I don't wanna 'ditch' her 100% (after all, I'm no expert either)- I'll take back my remark on the mediocrity of her tálent- maybe, with a fair deal of professional training, she can turn out pretty good or
maybe even amazing; (enjoying it again,CindyC?? winking smiley
but I stand by her voice sounding like nothing very special right now. And I will admit that's a personal, very subjective view- ever so true 'imho'.
There's nothing there that 'moves' me when she sings. Not at all. And I don't see why it "should", objectively speaking. I've heard lots of better voices.

Date: April 17, 2009 18:09

Blimey, lets not get to dewy eyed eh. There's plenty of people out there with comparable stories. Her mother encouraged her? How old is she? 50? Make your own choices in life.

If she was 25, reasonably good looking NO ONE would bat an eye lid!

And Paul Potts did well but have you heard zip from him in the last couple of years?>

Thought not....

Date: April 17, 2009 18:11

Here's one for Cindy (you probably have this, always loved it. Have 2 different versions on a double Vinyl Keith only boot) Keith DOES NOT have "Perfect Pitch" (neither does Mick, but they do have great emotion in their singing)

Date: April 17, 2009 18:15

Thanks Cindy. I guess cynicism is alive and well. These folks who are not moved probably didn't cry watching Bambi, or Old Yellow ( or Yeller)

Date: April 17, 2009 18:16

ablett
Blimey, lets not get to dewy eyed eh. There's plenty of people out there with comparable stories. Her mother encouraged her? How old is she? 50? Make your own choices in life.

And Paul Potts did well but have you heard zip from him in the last couple of years?>

Thought not....

Paul Potts?? Shit Yes have heard from him !!! He's my Pool Boy !!! I'm out here in LA, he sings all the time he's cleaning the old whale, mainly QUEEN and DAVID BOWIE stuff like LIFE ON MARS, songs like that.....

Date: April 17, 2009 18:18

Cry over Bambi? When I was 8 years old maybe?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 17, 2009 18:24

ablett
Blimey, lets not get to dewy eyed eh. There's plenty of people out there with comparable stories.

Being successful despite having a learning disability? I'd say thats pretty unusual.

ablett
Her mother encouraged her? How old is she? 50? Make your own choices in life.

Thought not....

Not every artist works 52 weeks of the year and puts new records out every few months.

He seems to be doing OK actually, is touring Europe at the minute and has a new album out in a few weeks, it would appear.

[en.wikipedia.org]

[www.paulpottsofficial.com]

I can think of a certain other act who hasnt done much in the last year or two though - I wouldnt rule them out as commercially finished either!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-17 18:29 by Gazza.

Date: April 17, 2009 18:26

or this one...

or this one...

Date: April 17, 2009 18:27

Yeah, those Blokes in CLOCKWORK ORANGE never cried over BAMBI either..... check out their life's journey sometime.....

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: April 17, 2009 18:39

Well being patriotic and parochial I'm delighted that she's from Scotland if nothing else HOWEVER I really do wonder how Cowell would have reacted if she'd turned up on his precious X-Factor.

Date: April 17, 2009 18:43

Behave Gaz! You know what I'm saying.

The TV show is like a modern freak show whereby viewers laugh at the stupid and get sympathetic over someone who doesn't fit the norm and has a 'story.

You know Paul Potts and most of the winners of these shows are hardly ever heard of again. Why's Paul Potts album out soon? To uses the present show publicity machine. Nothing else. Cash cows for Cowell.

All I'm saying is if you get past the hype, the story, the looks she's actually not THAT great a singer.....

Date: April 17, 2009 18:45

Cindy, I knew you were a real softy!! Great clips, get the Kleenex! There's nothing like a great CRY! These guys are just " pretend thugs!".

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 17, 2009 18:51

ablett
Behave Gaz! You know what I'm saying.

The TV show is like a modern freak show whereby viewers laugh at the stupid and get sympathetic over someone who doesn't fit the norm and has a 'story.

You know Paul Potts and most of the winners of these shows are hardly ever heard of again. Why's Paul Potts album out soon? To uses the present show publicity machine. Nothing else. Cash cows for Cowell.

All I'm saying is if you get past the hype, the story, the looks she's actually not THAT great a singer.....

I agree with you about these shows (not to much this one as the Pop Idol/X-Factor type shows which ARE all about marketability). I hate them with a passion and think Simon Cowell should be hung by the testicles for what he's done to the music industry - even though he's by all accounts a decent human being. You're right about the timing of Potts' new record, but thats not his fault. You're incorrect though to suggest that he's faded into oblivion.

That said, its a good human interest story and she does actually have a good voice and seems to sing quite effortlessly. If she can make a few quid out of it and get her 15 minutes, good luck to her.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1511
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home