Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST : AUD ; Don't You Wanna Live With Me ( 1969/1971 ) DAC-071 , FLAC-Zip Files , GigaSize/MegaUpload
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 12, 2008 10:52

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-18 20:56 by UrbanSteel.

Re: POST : AUD ; Don't You Wanna Live With Me ( 1969/1971 ) DAC-071 , FLAC-Zip Files , GigaSize
Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: November 12, 2008 14:59

Thankyou Urbansteel - nice post

Re: POST : AUD ; Don't You Wanna Live With Me ( 1969/1971 ) DAC-071 , FLAC-Zip Files , GigaSize
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: November 12, 2008 17:05

eye popping smiley

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: November 19, 2008 21:49

I attended both Coventry shows in 1971 and this recording is definitely the first show.

There are three reasons for saying this.

1. Mick dedicating "Honky Tonk Women" to the "shy girls in Coventry" happened at the first show and was maybe Mick's sense of humour because the audience at the first show was very quiet and reserved. (He was being sarcastic) At the second show the audience came alive and the Stones had also warmed up.

2. The song "Prodigal Son" was played at the second show that night but not at the first and does not appear on this recording. In England in 1971 there were tight Laws about when a theatre show must finish and to play two concerts in one night including a support band (The Groundhogs at Coventry) it was not uncommon to play fewer songs in the first show and then let rip in the second show when bands could risk over-running their time by a few minutes. I think that is why "Prodigal Son" was only played at the second show. It was a time constraint and the Stones, despite their image, have always been professional perfomers and complied with the theatre restrictions.

3. Contrary to the Stonesdata notes in the above post, I don't think that Mick Taylor is using a slide on "Love In Vain" on this recording. On the night in the first show, a slide was not used on "Love In Vain" and when Taylor started to play without it Mick Jagger turned sharply around and looked at him. It seemed to me at the time that Jagger was expecting the usual slide guitar and was surprised not to hear it. My assumption (and it is an assumption) is that either Taylor was using the "wrong" guitar for slide (that is, it was not in open tuning) or he simply had forgotten to bring the slide on stage with him and had to improvise.

This is definitely the first Coventry show. No recording has ever surfaced of the second show and after all these years I doubt that it exists.

Hope this helps.
Kingbeebuzz.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 19, 2008 22:21

MT plays alot of slide in standard tuning too-a style overlooked by alot of people but easily adapted for lead runs. I need to go review it again but I believe he's doing this on Love In Vain that appears in L&G(but I cant swear to it)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-19 22:24 by scottkeef.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: November 19, 2008 23:52

I've never really analyzed it closely, but I think he's in standard tuning on L & G, also.

Date: November 20, 2008 02:49

I first noticed MT doing this and then I saw Johnny WInter(he may be old but my hometown buddy can still do it) appear as if he was playing like that on a couple of songs on a dvd(not to say that both dont still use the open tuning also) but it seems more common than I initially thought!

Date: November 20, 2008 14:35

scottkeef, are you from Beaumont?

Date: November 20, 2008 15:29

Well, I have to admit I was born in Houston but was in Beaumont before my first birthday!! Lived on Campus in a duplex,then on Elgie and finally we built a house in the Westfield Terrace (new at the time) part on Greenridge Ln. in the Amelia area(right off College and Major Drive). Of course this wont mean anything to someone other than a Beaumont native!!

Date: November 20, 2008 18:25

Thanks. I'm in Austin now, but lived in Beaumont from 69-74. I met Johnny and Edgar, interestingly, because I had a piano teacher that taught both of them -- mainly Edgar, as Johnny obviously preferred guitar.

Date: November 20, 2008 20:20

We moved from there in feb 69 to outside ft worth where I am today. The main thing is when I lived there I only knew that kinda heat and humidity so I was used to it I guess but NOW I dont know if I could stand it!! People also dont believe me when I say Beaumont has mosquitoes that can nearly pick you up and carry you off(OK-but big and bad anyway!) I bet you remember those. Since you are in Austin do you get down to see Alvin Crow much?? WHAT a talent!

Date: November 21, 2008 00:02

Scottkeef -- sorry I've gotten us a bit OT, but...

Yes, I can confirm the mosquitos -- not just the size (about like a nickel) but also there are billions of them...

Alvin Crow still plays the Broken Spoke, but not very often any more...

Posted by: glimmertwin50 ()
Date: March 2, 2009 23:40

Hi,

As a guitarist I can confirm that Mick T. is playing "Love In Vain" in standard tuning on the 1971 and 1972 tours. On the 1969 U.S. tour he played it in open G tuning. Hope this helps.

Jim

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: June 28, 2010 18:57

hi,

the download doesn`t work anymore !? sad smiley

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: June 29, 2010 10:13

austrianstones
hi,

the download doesn`t work anymore !? sad smiley

Both Gigasize and Megaupload work fine over here!

Try again!

Re: POST : AUD ; Don't You Wanna Live With Me ( 1969/1971 ) DAC-071 , FLAC-Zip Files , GigaSize/MegaUpload
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: June 29, 2010 15:09

thanks,

megaupload was ok for me, now !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1945
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home