Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Gimme Shelter (extended remix) for sf37 - mp3 @ 320
Posted by: crash ()
Date: November 11, 2008 22:42

Gimme Shelter (extended remix)

mp3 @ 320 kbps - WinRar file

Download - 19.4 mb (rapidshare.com)

Re: POST: Gimme Shelter (extended remix) for sf37 - mp3 @ 320
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 11, 2008 23:59

Where is this remix from?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-12 00:15 by midnrambler.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: November 12, 2008 03:13

This is a remix of the Rock Band version. Start at this link & then work backwards to see the history of the thing

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-12 09:54 by vox12string.

Posted by: Ztoned ()
Date: November 12, 2008 12:09

Thank you crash - it sounds really great !

*ztoned*

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 13, 2008 20:14

Thank you so much, crash - - your generosity is very much appreciated! Just like the Stones, you rock, my friend!

Cheers!

Date: November 13, 2008 20:19

And a big thank you to you as well, vox12string! Very much appreciated!

Date: November 15, 2008 15:21

Extended Versions don't seem to be very popular here.. ? Otherwise I would post some. Always looking for "real" Long Versions, the Dance Mixes I don't like so much either. Was very pleased to her an Extended of "Gimme Shelter", or the rare 6:58 Version of "Emotional Rescue". I'm still looking for the "Winning ugly" (Kervorkian N.Y. Mix) or a cleaner Version of the unedited 7-Minute-Boogiefest which is "She was hot". Have a nice weekend !

greetz * ztoned

Date: November 16, 2008 18:08

Hi Ztoned,

I certainly don't mind extended versions or dance mixes and I have a fair number of them myself. I'd certainly be interested to see what you have in your collection.

I do have the official long version of Winning Ugly that was released in Canada, and is also on the special official edition of the "Flashpoint + Collectibles" CD - - is that the same version as the one you're looking for?

I also have the long version of "She Was Hot" but as you mentioned, the version isn't all that clean. Is there a cleaner copy somwhere out there?

Cheers!

Date: November 17, 2008 00:47

I think for "She was hot" I would check out the Japanese Silver Disc "Some girls another tracks", it has the best sound quality of them all. But the version itself is only 8-Track, so maybe someone skilled would have to run it through a audio remaster device or something. Not that I think it would help a lot though...
I'm looking for different Verions of "Heaven" at the moment, if they do have proper audio quality.

As for the official long versions, I think you all probably own most of the stuff, I think the semi-official 6 CDs with all the mixes will be posted in another part of this forum soon.

But I came across the "Special Extended Edit" of Bill Wyman's 1981 No. 14 "Smash" which is "Je suis un pop star" in it's 7:24 glory... just in case anyone is interested. Some other long Versions, the "Gimme Shelter" one or "Emotional rescue 6:58", are also somewhere here I suppose.

*ztoned*

Date: November 24, 2008 05:24

I'd be interested in obtaining the long version of "Je suis un pop star". I never knew there was one....thanks again for the info!

Posted by: dannyhowells ()
Date: November 24, 2008 14:08

Hey Crash.
Thanks for sharing my mix. Hope you guys like it!
If there's any Bowie fans here, I stuck a mix of Suffragette City on youtube that you might like

The only difference between this and the Stones mix is that I put new drums on this - possibly sacrilege I know, but I was trying out some new drum software!

Ztoned, I never heard that Emotional Rescue mix - would love to hear that!

Cheers.
Danny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-24 14:11 by dannyhowells.

Date: November 24, 2008 18:55

Hi Danny,
I'll put up the Emotional rescue - Mix for you (although it's the original version and not as perfect-sounding, maybe anyone could remaster). Maybe one should check out the version "In Flagranti Edit" which came out on Mindless Boogie Label, although it's more of a rework or a cover version.
By the way, are you the one and only Danny Howells ? If so, it would be great 'cause I always loved your Donna Summer Re-Edit (and some of your strange shirts!).

Would it be possible to share the Bowie Mix as a file ? Or are any of these getting a white label release like "I feel love" ?
As for the "Sufragette City" Mix, I think the drums sound good but I have the impression that they are too prominent, or just a bit too mixed to the front.

*Z*

P.S. I'll rip the Bill Wyman Mix also although I have to dig deep in the crates first, maybe the day after tomorrow I'll manage.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-24 19:13 by Ztoned.

Date: November 24, 2008 20:25

Ztoned, yes it's me. Always lurking here for good Stones boots!
I got the Mindless Boogie edit, I love that label. I'm sure you have it but the Beyond the Wizard's Sleeve mix of 2000 Light Years is a killer too.
I doubt my mixes will ever come out, I just did them for my own pleasure. I didn't press up the Donna Summer vinyl either, I think someone ripped it from one of my live sets!
Cheers for the drums comment, they are quite prominent. I'll probably have another fiddle with it one day.
Here's the mix:
[www.yousendit.com]

Danny

Date: November 24, 2008 21:54

Thanx Danny, I wasn't aware of the "Light Years" Remix but it's fantastic. Erol Alkan, I bought the last Daft Punk Single just for his remix of "Brainwasher" !

I like the "Under my dub - Balearic Bisquits Mix" by Todd Terje the most, if someone doesn't know it check it out here ->

[superdiscount2.skyrock.com]

Also I quite like what DJ DST "did" to "Heaven" although I'm not quite so sure what other Stones fans will think of it ;-)

Anyway, I even prefer these to the more popular Soulwax rework of "You can't always get what you want" or the "Start me up" White trash Kids Remix. Unfortunately, none of these stick to the Original the way Danny's Mix does, or like the Nynx Label does with their instrumental mix of "Dance", which is very close to the 1980 Version. If anybody's interested in any of these five (or the Emotional R. Edit by In Flagranti for that matter) I can provide.

What I'm still looking for though is the "Stoned Again" 12inch (Edits of Start Me Up, Honky Tonk Woman, Sympathy For The Devil, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Brown Sugar and Satisfaction), since nobody seems to have it or I cannot buy it anywhere. Danny, dig in your vaults >grinning smiley< !

[www.discogs.com]

I really would love to own this on vinyl, but I never even found a site where I can hear snippets !

*Z*

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-24 22:18 by Ztoned.

Date: November 24, 2008 22:24

I know for sure that's not in my vaults, I'd never seen it before! Looking at the running times though I'm imagining they've probably looped a few intro bars or something. I could be wrong. If I ever see it I'll let you know.

I was very let down by the Soulwax mix, even though it was better than the awful Sympathy mixes they released a while back. Wasted opportunity.

I think some Sympathy multi-tracks surface a while back, though I haven't been able to get my hands on them yet. Will keep digging!

Danny

Date: November 25, 2008 07:08

Found a shop (in my hometown!!) where it has been on sale, maybe they get it back in stock. Anyways, from the snippets you can tell that it's basically the original versions with just a bit BPM differences. So nuthin special -->

[www.hhv.de]

Date: November 26, 2008 00:46

Hi Danny - and everyone who hasn't got this... the Emotional Rescue Long Version from 1980 in quite good quality, although it's never been released officially and could deserve some remastering..

Plus I packed a recent Extended Re-Edit of "Hot Stuff" in there too, mixed by Jimi Bazzouka with much respect to the Original. Anyway, I like it a lot. I wish Emotional Rescue would be re-done this way, with maybe just a little FX.

Emotional Rescue (Long Version 6:58) @ 320 kbps
Hot Stuff (Extended Version 6:36) @ 320 kbps

-> pw: ztoned

And what I thought about, Danny, "Undercover of the night" would go down a storm, if the 12" Cheeky Mix and the regular Version were combined, with all the funky percussion, crazy breakdowns and swirling guitars in there. Maybe one day you could give it some effects treatment (and if you're trying out some bonus beats again) drinking smiley .

Cheers * Ztoned

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-26 02:30 by Ztoned.

Date: November 26, 2008 01:38

sf37
I'd be interested in obtaining the long version of "Je suis un pop star". I never knew there was one....thanks again for the info!

I posted that one over here ->

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-26 01:39 by Ztoned.

Date: November 26, 2008 11:21

Hey thanks a lot for those!

I'd enjoy having a fiddle with Undercover .. could be fun. If I do anything I'll let you know!

Cheers.
Danny

Posted by: mark01942 ()
Date: November 26, 2008 18:35

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this, I downloaded it 24 hours ago and haven't stopped playing it. THANK YOU again.
Couple of observations, the bass seems a little prominent (as though it has been added some time later, or recently?)
and certain solo sections seem to be VERY faint through my stereo speaker(mono recording?)
Apart from these minor quibbles, THANKS AGAIN, and I for one, can't get enough of 12" remixes, alternate versions, EXTENDED versions, outtakes etc
Im about to DL Bills "Je suis un rockstar"now!smiling smiley
Regards Eveyone,
"The only way anyone leaves THIS band is in a wooden box" (Keith to Bill,circa 1990)

Date: November 27, 2008 13:10

Hey Mark.

Possibly the sections where things sound faint (and where the bass sounds prominent) are where I've stripped the mix down? Because I didn't really alter the "mix" that much. You might have a mono version - I put it on youtube in stereo (will play in stereo when you choose to watch in high quality) but not sure whether it was ripped that way.

Anyway, really glad you've been enjoying it - will probably have another messaround with it in the future.

Cheers.
Danny

Date: September 8, 2009 00:33

dannyhowells
Hey thanks a lot for those!
I'd enjoy having a fiddle with Undercover .. could be fun. If I do anything I'll let you know!

Cheers.
Danny

Hi Danny, this may not be suitable here... but I once had a podcast of yours where you fiddled with "Buffalo Gals". Would be glad to hear the full Version of that Mix, if you could upload it or send per email.

I also wrote you on myspace, looking forward to your appearance at Berlin Panorama Bar in Nov !!!

Cheers * ztoned

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-08 00:34 by Ztoned.

Posted by: Gentle_Ben ()
Date: September 9, 2009 17:34

Thanks Crash.

Any remixes as a post whould be very welcome on this side.

Gentle Ben

It's Only Rock And Roll (but my "extended" family likes it)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-09 17:41 by Gentle_Ben.

Posted by: needayellowcab ()
Date: November 2, 2009 05:29

Ztoned
Thank you crash - it sounds really great !
thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1355
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home