Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

STP Tour - boots review
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 18, 2008 13:20

Before we start with the recording reviews, here is a very intersting link to the STP Tour for the few ones that still don't know it:

[stoneslib.homestead.com]

VANCOUVER JUNE 3.

Boots:

VANCOUVER 72 (V72) - complete
VANCOUVER FIRST NIGHT (VFN) - incomplete
TOURING PARTY VOL.1 (TP1) - complete

Audio quality: Good for V72 and VFN; G++ for TP1.

Same source for the three boots.
V72 is a an Idol Mind Production, with setlist complete but not in the correct order.
Also VFN has the setlist not in correct order and Tumbling dice is missing.
TP1 is the best one: it's complete and the tracklist is correct.

Marks: there's a mistake of Mick in Rocks off; there's a false start in YCAGWYW. In Midnight rambler at min.1,00 there's a serie of crackles in all the three titles.
Being english not my 1st language, I catch few words: after Brown sugar Mick says that it's the show number 1. After Gimme shelter, from the audience, somebody ask Paint it black you devils (this was also in the GYYYO record, or not?); at the beginning of Loving cup, Mick: shoo.shoo. After Sweet Virginia: "Are you having a good time? You can sing this one."
Bill and Mick, bored to wait for Keith tuning his guitar, start Midnight rambler without him.

(There's a book: Word in wonder, I don't have it. It reports all the spoken words of each show. It would be great is somebody could post the Vancouver page.)

Keith blew two guitars during the shows and spent lot of time (2,30 mins. after Loving cup) to tune his guitars between the tracks.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-18 14:23 by straycat58.

Re: STP Tour - boots review
Posted by: Peterdv ()
Date: September 18, 2008 14:52

indeed, the stoneslib site is soooo great an so extreme cool to read and watch
i do wonder if it ever will be updated with more news
those newspaper articlesscan alone are making it one of my most favorit site ever

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: September 18, 2008 17:15

So what's the correct tracklist?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 18, 2008 17:15

I remember now after reading the Star-Telegram article(it was the only paper we got in the small town I lived in 50 miles west of Ft Worth) after the concert me and my friends laughing at how they refered to "All Down The Line" as "We've Got to Move" !!

Date: September 18, 2008 17:57

The correct tracklist is the one in the Touring Pary bootleg:

BS-RO-GS-Bitch-TD-Happy-HTW-Loving cup-T&F-SV-YCAGWYW-Ventilator blues-MR-ADTL-BBJ-RTJ-JJF-SFM

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: September 18, 2008 19:27

Peterdv
those newspaper articlesscan alone are making it one of my most favorit site ever

Thank you kindly. I do have many more STP clippings since the original batches were posted, but need time to analyze and upload them.

Date: September 18, 2008 19:56

stoneslib
Peterdv

Thank you kindly. I do have many more STP clippings since the original batches were posted, but need time to analyze and upload them.

Stoneslib, your site is fantastic. You should contact Genesis Publications, get the authorization for the pictures and publish a book woth all the press articles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-18 19:57 by straycat58.

Posted by: Peterdv ()
Date: September 19, 2008 09:55

now that would be a great idea , a book, but nooooooooo don't do Genesis they are soooooooooooooooo expensive , i won't be able to buy one sad smiley

stoneslib , u rule !!

and please find some time to post those new articles on yr site ,pleassssssse >grinning smiley<

Date: September 19, 2008 12:56

Let's see the second date:

SEATTLE JUNE 4 (1st show)

I have jus one recording: A Fai to remember revisited (AFTR). I know there are other titles circulating: Seattle 72 and Delightful Afternoon but I never traced them and couldn't compare with AFTR.

This AFTR is an historical VGP double CD including the two shows of June 4. Regarding the 1st show, the quality is G. Unfortunately Rip this joint has an end cut and JJF has a cut intro. It's interesting to note the in Bye bye Johnny, there's a instrumental intro riff or, to be more precise, Mick enters on the second riff.

I would apreciate to receive some information about other titles and to know if the source is different or the quality is better than AFTR.

Date: September 19, 2008 13:35

SEATTLE JUNE 4 (2nd show)

I've listened three titles: the CD2 of the VGP A fait to remember revisited (AFTR), Loveliest night in Seattle (LNIS), and Germany 73 (G73).

First of all: this is quite an easy detectable show for the presence of the Loveliest night of the year piano riff just before Happy. Secondly, after Love in vain, Mick refers to the Angela Davis trial. Third: they re-start MR due to a black-out of the guitar amplifier.

Now, back to the three boots: AFTR and LNIS are from the same source but I would say that AFTR is slightly better quality. Germany 73 is a different source in worse audio quality. In additio, two tracks: Love in vain and Midnight rambler are included in the Vancouver boot: Vancouver First night, same source of AFTR.

There are some imperfections in AFTR and LNIS: volume fluctuations in Bitch, the intro of Happy is disturbed, MR and JJF have some speed fluctuations too. These imperfections are not present in Germany 73, although, as I wrote above, the quality of this latter recording is worse; I suggest anyway to grab the two sources.

Other important remark is the presence of Loving cup in both Seattle shows.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-19 13:56 by straycat58.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: September 19, 2008 15:27

Apparently Seattle Superfonic is better than AFTR. It's based on the incomplete source and 'filled the holes' with the same source as used for AFTR.

Date: September 19, 2008 15:41

Tks Sohoe, Seattle Superfonic it's just the second show or does include the two shows?

BTW: do you know Seattlòe 72 and Delightful afternoon?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-19 15:46 by straycat58.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: September 19, 2008 15:59

It's only the second show.

Sorry don't know the two bootlegs you mentioned.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1480
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home