Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Amy Winehouse live in Lisbon
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 1, 2008 07:36

Incomplete web-radio-stream of Amy's apperance at Rock in Rio, Lisbon.
ca 35 minutes out of a 55 min. gig. the first songs are missing.

this ain't gonna be everyones cuo o' tea - beware.

[www.gigasize.com]

Amy Winehouse has played the first of a series of concerts planned for this summer, at the Rock in Rio Lisboa festival in Lisbon.
Eagerly awaited by a sell-out crowd of 90,000, many of them there mainly to see her, she disappointed a fair number with a set that started more than half an hour later than scheduled.
She suffered from hoarseness during the show - apologising for her weak voice and brandishing throat pastilles - and at one point saying that she could easily have cancelled.
The concert, at Lisbon's biggest music festival but one that is renowned for working like clockwork, had been due to start at 10pm, after the usual vibrant set by well-toned Brazilian singer Ivete Sangalo.

She's got a fantastic voice - unmistakeable
Rita Rodrigues
Concert-goer
But it was at 10.35pm that "Mrs Amy Winehouse!" was announced and the London-based singer came on stage, cigarette in hand and looking no more unsteady than usual in her high heels.
"How are you? All right? I'm sooo late!" were her first words to a crowd that just a few minutes before had begun to whistle.
They cheered her enthusiastically, but it wasn't until the fourth song, Back to Black, that they really warmed up. Soon afterwards, the two Specials numbers Rudy and Wonderin' Now had half the crowd dancing.
Top 30
The fact that ska has been in fashion in Portugal in the last couple of years helped, but the singer has a lot of Portuguese fans, even if some have only recently got into her music.

Winehouse has had an erratic performance record in recent months
Her album Back to Black, which was released in 2006, reached number one in Portugal this February, and in its wake its predecessor Frank entered the Portuguese Top 30 for the first time.
“She's very popular at the moment - it's been a crescendo since late last year,” said Jorge Manuel Lopes, a music journalist for Lisbon magazine Time Out Lisboa.
“She combines a rebellious image with a style of music that's familiar - classic soul - with a pop varnish.”
Tickets for the first day of the festival sold out, unlike the other four days, and according to the journalist that was thanks to Amy Winehouse rather than Lenny Kravitz, who played immediately after her.
“She's one of the names that will bring in most people,” said Lopes.
Other big names at the festival include Metallica, Bon Jovi, Joss Stone, the Kaiser Chiefs and Linkin Park.
'Expecting more'
Amy Winehouse's rebellious image sits uneasily with the squeaky-clean image of the festival - whose motto is "For a Better World" and which traditionally opens with the audience waving white handkerchiefs to symbolise that.

It took so much time for her to come on - people were getting impatient
Alexandra Marques
Concert-goer
But the organisers saw the Londoner as a big draw - and members of the audience confirmed that.
"She's got a fantastic voice - unmistakeable," said Rita Rodrigues, 32, before the show.
Her friend Rita Marques, 25, agreed that expectations were high, but warned that if fans and critics didn't like the show they'd make it clear.
She was right: after a set that contained just two-thirds of the songlist released by the organisers, some of the audience was less than enthusiastic.
"I was expecting something more," said Liliana Reis, 29.
"It took so much time for her to come on - people were getting impatient," agreed Alexandra Marques, 26. "And her voice really wasn't in a good state."
Their friend Marta Hugens, 26, was more scathing: "For someone who earns so much money, it shows a lack of respect for the public - although I suppose it was expected she'd make a scene."
At one point, the singer tripped and dropped her microphone and at several points swore loudly.
Other spectators were more accepting. "I think she was how she is normally and that's all," said friend Anabela Costa, 27,
'Wanted to be here'
During the show, even the singer herself at one point said she "should have cancelled" her participation.

Winehouse and Fielder-Civil recently marked their anniversary
"My voice is not singing right and I can't even hold the microphone," she said. "But I wanted to be here so much."
That got one of the biggest cheers of the concert, only beaten by the one raised earlier when the singer said that she and her husband Blake Fielder-Civil, who was "still the handsomest bloke you ever seen in your life," had recently celebrated their first anniversary.
Earlier, she changed a line in Cupid from the original "I love a girl who doesn't know I exist" to "I love a man you know who's banged up in gaol".
The Portuguese audience appreciated what humour it could catch; after she tripped and made a show of replacing one high-heeled shoe, she drew laughs with her retort that Lenny Kravitz was going to fall over too "but if he did he would be embarrassed - and I'm not".
Ironically, after apologising for her hoarseness, the singer ended with three of her strongest songs of the night: a loudly cheered Rehab, then Mr & Mrs Jones.
Finally there was an emphatic Valerie that had half the audience singing along with her.
Then with a "My name is Amy Winehouse" she bowed out at the scheduled time of 11.45pm.
The singer is due to play a number of other festivals across Europe this summer, including T in the Park, V Festival and Bestival in the UK, and Oxegen in Ireland and Rocke en Seine in Paris.
[news.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-01 21:30 by open-g.

Re: Amy Winehouse live in Lisbon
Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: June 1, 2008 14:44

i see a few shots yestarday on a spanish tv and i think, this lady goes to die soon... poor voice, she almost can't stand on feet, she have at least a wound on his neck and a bandage on his right arm... what a poor lady, she's give me pity... drugs and more drugs can't be good!

Martín

Re: Amy Winehouse live in Lisbon
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 1, 2008 16:23

Yeah, I hear you Argentino.
She's such a talent but just wasting her life. what a pity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home