Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: October 24, 2007 20:47

The Rolling Stones
Fleet Center
Boston, MA
12 January, 2003
MP3 (These should be 320s)

01. Intro.
02. You Got Me Rockin'
03. Start Me Up
04. If You Can't Rock Me
05. Don't Stop
06. Monkey Man
07. No Expectations
08. Stray Cat Blues
09. Sympathy For The Devil
10. Bitch
11. Tumbling Dice
12. Band Introductions
13. Thru And Thru
14. Before They Make Me Run
15. Gimme Shelter

01a. All Down The Line
01b. All Down The Line
02. Midnight Rambler
03. Honky Tonk Women
04. Street Fighting Man
05. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
06. It's Only Rock N' Roll
07. Like A Rolling Stone
08. Brown Sugar
09. Jumping Jack Flash

[www.gigasize.com]

[www.gigasize.com]

Recorded on Sony MD from roughly 17th row, right side.

This is the second remastering of this show I have done and it is finally in decent quality. During original recording the mic I was using recorded the show at a very low volume, leaving a considerable amount of hiss on the MD master.

After dumping the MD onto my computer I did all I could to remove as much of the hiss while leaving enough of the music as possible in hopes of a decent listening experience.

Shortly after that I was convinced to mail my original MD to a fellow collector who knew someone that thought they could 'fix' the recording. As expected, he couldn't and ended up never returning my master.

Several years on now, I have pulled this show out and re-worked it with improved sound technology.

Unfortunately, there are three minor drawbacks:

1. Since I was doing this "re-remaster" from my CD copies, I had to apply the sound changes to each individual track as opposed to the whole disc, so there are milli-second 'cuts between tracks. I, personally, dislike this effect, but since the master is long gone there is only one way to rectify that: play the CD's back through and re-capture the sound on computer. I am simply not setup for that currently.

2. My original dumping from the MD resulted in "All Down The Line" being cut into two pieces (Hey, I was a novice at the time, and I also figured I could re-dump it at some point). Another annoying bit I usually don't tolerate. So "All Down The Line" has a similar 'clip' near the beginning of the song.

3. As with some 2003 recordings, when the band goes to the small stage, my position on the floor did not afford the best spot to capture the sound. There is some drop off in the intensity of the sound during these three songs.

If you ever heard this recording in its original state you would surely be amazed that ANY high end has been resurrected from it, let alone a listenable recording level! (The Fleet Center -- now the TD Banknorth Garden -- is notorious for 'boomy' recordings as well).

I also have to mention there is the occasional crowd 'interference' - some of which comes from a friend of mine taking exception to the bloke behind us who insisted on talking and whistling throughout the evening.

Hope you enjoy this show, I think it's a pretty energetic, well-played one. Not to mention the outstanding setlist!
It also seems to be a show I don't see shared too frequently.

Constructive feedback appreciated.

J

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-24 20:49 by JMARKO.

Re: POST: Rolling Stones Boston, 12 Jan. 2003
Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: October 26, 2007 06:04

nice work

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: October 26, 2007 07:40

Hey, this is a mighty fine recording, well done, much better than my effort in Melbourne.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: October 26, 2007 08:03

Glad you are enjoying it.

I was going to rate it an 8/10 audience recording. Agree?

J

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: October 27, 2007 05:09

Good job! listen to this on the way to work today, I do like the setlist on this one, thanks for sharing your time.

yes I would give it a 8 or a Very Good Aud to Exellent Aud

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home