Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mayall/Taylor live '68 at Wolfgang's Vault
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 17, 2007 20:12

Hello!
A concert by John Mayall's Bluesbreakers from 1968 with Mick Taylor has been added to Wolfgang's Concert Vault for those of you, who are interested like myself.
[concerts.wolfgangsvault.com]|3518

Re: Mayall/Taylor live '68 at Wolfgang's Vault
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: October 17, 2007 20:54

yes hear it now....great

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: October 18, 2007 00:05

Thanks for the update

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: October 18, 2007 20:46

this is the first show,,of that evening...

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 20, 2007 01:58

John Mayall w/Dave Mason...playing in Milwaukee tonight 10/19. ($25)

Here's a link: [www.paysbig.com]

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 1, 2012 22:41

A new concert has been added to Sugarmegs,from a few days before the one that's on Wolfgang's Vault.
Nearly 30 minutes, one lossy wma file:

[74.108.129.122]

If it's on Sugarmegs, it must be on some torrent site too; I don't have access to any of these; but here's the text file that comes with the recording:

>>John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers (with Mick Taylor)
1968-02-03 San Francisco, California Fillmore Auditorium (M1or2*-AUD)

01. Mama Talk To Your Daughter (6:34)
02. I Can't Quit You Baby (8:13)
03. My Baby Loves Me Like A Rising Sun (?) (7:27)
04. Knockers Step Forward// (7:35)

Total Time ::: 29:50

::: VG audience tape for collectors I reckon, but it sinks in & works just fine. Check samples to see if it'll sail yer boat or get yer Taylor hair standing on end.
::: Warts: Taper shut of recorder between tracks. Some dropouts were not repairable. The ending is rather a humorous way for it to die out, so I left it.
::: This was mono into two channels as far as I could tell. The channels were quite different though, so maybe it was incredibly narrow stereo. There was some extreme distortion in the right channel, so I reluctantly ended up using only the left after fixing everything I could patch from the right.
::: The bill was Jimi Hendrix, John Mayall, Albert King. One of the nights from the famous eyeball poster.
::: Great that we get a completely different setlist than the Wolfgang's Vault performance from 6 days later.

Recording Information ::: unknown equipment -> master mono(?) audience tape -> 1st or 2nd(*) generation Maxell XLII-S 90 cassette, Dolby B on. (*) NOTE this came from legendary California trader, D.White & while he said it was first gen, it is possible/probable his reel was actually first gen & this is a dupe of it. Caution will place it at 2nd gen. Compare it to the Hendrix set, that must be around off the master or 1st gen, but I don't have my tape readily accessible & it came from White's anyway. And if you got a better copy, be sure many people are interested, please upload!

Playback 2012-08-23 ::: 1st or 2nd(*) generation Maxell XLII-S 90 cassette on Nakamichi BX-300 cassette deck, Dolby B on, azimuth & pitch adjusted, heads cleaned & demagnatized -> Tascam CD-RW900SL pro CD recorder -> CD-RW -> computer, EAC secure -> wavs -> Audacity (DC offset correction, fades &/or glitches, dropouts, volume adjustments, no EQ) -> CD Wave (track splits) -> Trader's Little Helper -> yer ears. First uploaded week of 2012-03-31.

Line-up ::: John Mayall - vocals, guitar, harmonica, keyboards // Mick Taylor - guitar // Keith Tillman - bass // Chris Mercer - tenor sax, organ // Dick Heckstall-Smith - alto & tenor sax // Keef Hartley - drums.

Nothing here ever commercially released to my knowledge. If I'm wrong, please advise & I'll take the offending trax offline.

CoolSonics 135 ::: Thanks to the original taper & traders! ::: Corrections welcome ::: Well, I have never seen this on DIME & it doesn't readily show up in the bot, so try this on for blues appreciation. Listen to the energetic Mayall as he screams into the start of "I Can't Quit You Baby". Hopefully it is of interest &/or upgrades some other circulating copies. Great band, great jamming, very hip. Enjoy.

Kudos to Zongo for life support, Lochner for mikes&more & Fast Freddie for runnin' Video Dick's Record Emporium with the bathroom office full of tape decks. Thanks to Hanwaker (few among us can keep his pace). Mountains of gratitude to Davmar, D.White, Sanchez, Elliot, The Florida Kid, Kloiber, Zingg, JTW, Bershaw, Boston Gold, Weeks, Dixon, Moore, Gough & SO many more for all that collecting & sharing... Royal thanks to The Man In The Palace, Doc Tinker, Brinkhoffs, Barely Eatin', Reel Master Gaule, Parrish & all the traders who housed me thru my music acquisition & travel years. Hats off to Brother Kent, Uncle Jake, Little Queenie (& her neighbor Frank) & his honor Ptomaine Thomas. Glasses raised to Byron for musical horizon expansion & much obliged to J & Thurston for keepin' my concert fires burnin' since my continental shift. Thanks to the Mods for keepin' DIME alive. Enjoy, share, give, spread peace. Yers truly, Knees

Support the artists! www.johnmayall.com -- [www.micktaylor.com]

Do whatever you want with it except sell it, 'cause that ain't cool!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2423
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home