Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: July 14, 2007 22:59

Hi
This is for carouslambra

Date : June 27 1982
Venue: Ashton Gate , Bristol , UK
Quality : 8/10 - G Aud. Rec.- Audio Sample : [www.rsconcerts.com]
Download:

1-shattered-6:52
2-neighbours-5:00
3-black limousine-4:16
4-just my imagination-9:44
5-twenty flight rock-1:47
6-going to a go go-3:55
7-chantilly lace-5:06
8-let me go-5:12
9-time is on my side-3:49
10-beast of burden-8:09
11-let it bleed-7:56
12-tumbling dice-4:35
13-she's so cold-4:27
14-hang fire-3:01

[www.megaupload.com]

Note : this show is incomplete.

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Re: Post : Bristol 82
Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: July 15, 2007 10:04

Monkeyman
Thankyou so much for this post......Oh the memories come flooding back of a great show in my home town. I now have the music to go with my photos.
Thank you, Thank you.
Steve

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: July 15, 2007 22:33

the complete show is also available on cd-r

Posted by: Tony Marinello ()
Date: July 16, 2007 00:41

I have a first generation copy of the whole show ' A Rainy night in Bristol'
you can hear the raindrops dropping on the mic at times.
Steve If you want the complete show in audience quality drop me a line

Tony
Edinburgh

Date: July 17, 2007 15:36

Tony

It would be great to have the complete show......Although I am slightly confused as it was a lovely sunny afternoon / evening...not a rain drop in sight !!!!

If you are able to burn to CD and send to me that would be great. I will either pay you for your costs or do an exchange for something you require (I have about 150 Stones boots).

steveh1412@aol.com

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 18, 2007 04:35

As I understand it, 'A Rainy Night in Bristol' only has 21 of the 25 songs performed'

Monkeyman has posted the Idol Minds version 'Bill Wyman we Miss You' which only has 14 trax

Date: July 18, 2007 21:44

I have the cd-r with all 25songs in aud source. I can try and upload that one during the weekend if there are any interrest for it.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 19, 2007 16:20

carouslambra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tony
>
> It would be great to have the complete
> show......Although I am slightly confused as it
> was a lovely sunny afternoon / evening...not a
> rain drop in sight !!!!
>
> If you are able to burn to CD and send to me that
> would be great. I will either pay you for your
> costs or do an exchange for something you require
> (I have about 150 Stones boots).
>
> steveh1412@aol.com

I also remember this concert and it was a lovely sunny afternoon and always recall somebody on top of the roof during the concert.

I wouldent mind a copy, nothing to swap, but willing to pay for expenses etc.

Whilst i am here and not trying to swop the conversation i would love to get a copy of the famous brussels affair that everybody raves about.

Date: July 19, 2007 20:44

I'm sure there would be a great interest for the whole show, bobo, would appreciate greatly if you could post it. Thx in advance

Date: July 19, 2007 20:47

i'll do it during the weekend. tghe sound is maybe average aud, but nice to have if you collect

Date: July 20, 2007 06:44

Many thx bobo, waiting in anticipation

Re: Post : Bristol 82 Missing four tracks and Raining ?
Date: July 21, 2007 16:36

Hi Guys

Just checked out my master tapes and sure enough:-
just after YCAGWYW Mick says"f*** the rain" and that he is going to
hurry with the band intro's because of the weather.
Also just before Tumbling Dice he says "It's getting wet up here, I'm gonna fall on me arse.

The cdr circulating called a Rainy Night In Bristol is from my source [I think].

The show was cut by four songs They only played 21 songs
Miss You
Honky Tonk Women
Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
were not performed, could that have been due to the weather?
I have double checked the book
THE COMPLETE RECORDING GUIDE TO THE ROLLING STONES
by James Karnbach & Carol Bernson it confirms the tracks not played.

Bobo, can you check your's is definetly Bristol? or if anyone else can confirm either way about the set list that night, please do so.I'll see if I can do further research.

Steve if you still want a copy no problem, but wait until the outcome re the missing tracks

beat wishes
Tony

Re: Post : Bristol 82 Missing four tracks and Raining ?
Date: July 21, 2007 16:52

The plot thickens I just checked ot the 'Complete Works of The Rolling Stones 1962 - 2007'website, and below is their entry for Bristol 1982,
25 songs !!!!!!

820627A  27th June: Bristol, England, Ashton Gate FC
                  (Under My Thumb/When The Whip Comes Down/Let’s Spend The Night
                   Together/Shattered/Neighbours/Black Limousine/Just My Imagination/
                   Twenty Flight Rock/Going To A Go Go/Chantilly Lace/Let Me Go/Time
                   Is On My Side/Beast Of Burden/Let It Bleed/You Can’t Always Get
                   What You Want/Band introduction/Little T & A/Tumbling Dice/She’s So
                   Cold/Hang Fire/Miss You/Honky Tonk Women/Brown Sugar/Start Me
                   Up/Jumping Jack Flash/Satisfaction).

I am now confused after all these years I thought it was a shortened show and now after Bobo's reference to a complete tape and also the above source which I have always found a 100% reliable.I stand to be corrected.Anyone ?

Tony

Date: July 21, 2007 17:23

All I can offer is what's already out there, printmark says 25 songs, one recording has 14 trax, another has 21, no mention of a complete 25 trax recording (if in fact that's what they played)

Date: July 21, 2007 19:22

yeh he says something about the rain right after YCAGWYW and after the last song, Satisfaction, he says goodnight Bristol. The 25th song that is.
I am workin' on the upload of this show right now as we speak. It will be up in the hot stuff section within an hour.

Date: July 22, 2007 14:05

Could it be that a couple of concerts have been spliced together. I have just checked my photos and the sun IS shining throughout. Everyone on my side is in shirt sleeves and shielding their eyes from the sun.

The concert was cut by 4 songs as the local Council insisted on the show ending at 6pm due to numerous complaints from the local residents about the noise. As it was the Stones were late on stage and went a little past 6pm....Big headlines in the local press the next day about the council fining the band for exceeding the time limit !!!

Steve

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 11, 2010 14:59

Rainy Night in Bristol: I went to this show, it was absolutely boiling in Bristol on this day, unless I got abducted by aliens and returned to the show after the supposed rain with no memory.......it did not rain.... anybody can check with Met. office records. Thousands of people strolled away from the show in a lovely balmy, warm sunset.......to add to the debate about the setlist I also remember thinking the next day "Hey, they didn't play Brown sugar". It is very weird though because I once had a terrible recording of this in which Mick Jagger says about getting wet and slipping on his arse and then seconds later a bloke in the crowd says......"Er, he gorra a Bristo-ll City (football) shirt on" (In a broad Bristolian Buuurrr)(Accent). I understand it rained in Newcastle on the 23rd and I'm told London on the 25th although I wasn't at either so don't know for sure. I'm 99.99999r % sure it didn't rain even for a minute let alone a night but the stuff I just mentioned on a scrubby old rough recording which one wouldn't think was worth doctoring for any reason because it was so bad does make it slightly 'Twighlight zone'..Having said all that, a chap I know who also went said he remembers buckets of water being thrown around on stage although I have to admit I don't remember this either but then I was dancing right down by the left hand Mick Jagger walkway (which was about 8 foot high so I couldn't see on to the stage) for most of the show...so maybe that's why...oh to be young again and dance like that....

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-11 23:24 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: August 13, 2010 11:46

I was at this show,I'm a Bristolian now living in Chippenham,Wiltshire.
It was an afternoon show and definitely not raining.

Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: August 13, 2010 12:11

By the way Carouslambra......I don't suppose you'd be willing to upload any of your photos to say Flickr as I'd love to have a look at them....and I suspect others might too ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home