Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: Bol ()
Date: June 25, 2007 19:45

This was my second show, 25 years ago today. I know the guy who recorded this as we went to the show together and I sat next to him while he was recording it. I don’t think that it is in general circulation. I have traded it over the years on tape but I don’t know whether anyone else has ever converted it to CD. This version is a ‘complete’ recording now, as I edited in the missing audience bits where the tape had to be changed when I converted it to CD. I have also edited in the full intro tape from another show (San Francisco 18.10.81). I did this for myself, so sorry if you don’t like it.

This was recorded on a big radio cassette that fitted in a sports bag. Security lifted it out of the bag on the way in, saw the blank cassettes underneath and gave it back! In those days they were only interested in stopping people taking glass bottles in to the stadium. If only it was as easy these days. I always thought this was a great audience recording and I still think it holds up well today. Although it was 25 years ago, this is still one of my top five Stones shows, so a big thanks to the original taper – you know who you are! Let me know what you think.

Intro/Under My Thumb [www.sendspace.com]
When The Whip Comes Down [www.sendspace.com]
Let’s Spend The Night Together [www.sendspace.com]
Shattered [www.sendspace.com]
Neighbours [www.sendspace.com]
Black Limousine [www.sendspace.com]
Just My Imagination [www.sendspace.com]
Twenty Flight Rock [www.sendspace.com]
Going To A Go Go [www.sendspace.com]
Chantilly Lace [www.sendspace.com]
Let Me Go [www.sendspace.com]
Time Is On My Side [www.sendspace.com]
Beast Of Burden [www.sendspace.com]

Let It Bleed [www.sendspace.com]
You Can’t Always Get What You Want [www.sendspace.com]
Band Introduction [www.sendspace.com]
Little T&A [www.sendspace.com]
Tumbling Dice [www.sendspace.com]
She’s So Cold [www.sendspace.com]
Hang Fire [www.sendspace.com]
Miss You [www.sendspace.com]
Honky Tonk Women [www.sendspace.com]
Brown Sugar [www.sendspace.com]
Start Me Up [www.sendspace.com]
Jumping Jack Flash [www.sendspace.com]
Satisfaction [www.sendspace.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-25 19:46 by Bol.

Re: POST: Wembley Stadium 25th June 1982
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: June 25, 2007 21:40

Thanks for this. I was there. My first Stones show. Happy anniversary.

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: June 25, 2007 22:44

Thank you!!!
I was looking for it!
Ill post Bristol June 27 if you want , Wembley June 26 is at my list of posts

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-25 22:45 by monkeyman07.

Posted by: PeterM ()
Date: June 26, 2007 00:08

This was my first Stones show too, i am looking forward to hearing this! Many thanks for posting.....

Date: June 26, 2007 03:18

Great show!
i can hear all the people clapping , and the music too!
It gives me many feelings , you had a great time that year!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BEST CONCERT EVER HEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES!!!!!!!
Download it guys
Its a must!!

wipeacdc@hotmail.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-26 03:30 by monkeyman07.

Date: June 26, 2007 10:16

Glad you guys are enjoying this. It makes it all worthwhile.

Posted by: Tony Marinello ()
Date: June 26, 2007 11:15

I was also there !!!!!!

it was my 4th Show [Knebworth 76, Aberdeen & Edinburgh the warm up gigs for the 1982 tour being my others]

I remember coming down on the train from Edinburgh to discover there was a public transport strike no Buses Trains etc so we had to walk about 8 miles to Wembley
Great show but rather than walk all the way back to our prebooked hotel another 10 miles my friend and I decided to have a few beers locally. By good fortune there was also a carpet Exhibition on at the Wembley Empire Pool so we managed to persuade a guy to lets us get in the back of his truck and slept among the carpets !!!! before negotiating our way back to Scotland
The stuff of legends

I also have a cassette recording of this show so it will be intersting to compare if it's from the same source.

My friend was the master taper for Edinburgh Playhouse 1982 he got a great recording for the time, It was ripped off by Rattlesnake Records who put out a copy under the title
Baby Lets Playhouse but somewhere between the transfer I think they lost some of the top end their copy would have been a 4th or 5th generation copy and I still think my originals are the best.
If anyone can tell me step by step HOW TO POST I will gladly put a track for comparism

Date: June 26, 2007 13:14

Tony,

I know this is a bit late but I am sure we got a BR train to Wembley Central, so not too much walking for us!

In terms of posting on sendspace, you first need to convert your WAV files to mp3 and I use a program called CDex which is free from download.com but there are other programs. You then go here [sendspace.com] and click on 'Browse' to select your track and then click on terms of service followed by 'Upload File'.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 26, 2007 13:52

Thank you Bol! Really enjoy this. Nice to read your story too. Cassette recordings are the best for audience recordings. Post of the week!

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: June 26, 2007 13:53

Thanks for this great recording. These good old cassette tape recordings sound a lot better indeed. Better than any DAT tape audience recordings I've heard.

Posted by: PeterM ()
Date: June 26, 2007 15:05

Regarding the train strike, my memory is that trains were available early in the day but I was warned when buying my ticket that they could not guarantee there would be trains back to London later. Sure enough,the strike went ahead and I and many, many others trekked the whole way back towards central London.

Re: POST: Edinburgh Playhouse 28 05 1982
Posted by: Tony Marinello ()
Date: June 26, 2007 16:58

My first Post

Let It Bleed

from a master Recording a friend of mine taped

[www.sendspace.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-26 16:59 by Tony Marinello.

Date: June 26, 2007 23:23

Hi Tony
Email me at saint-of-me@hotmail.com
I still dont receive your answer!

wipeacdc@hotmail.com

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: June 27, 2007 06:50

I'm getting pop ups & 'Sorry, the free service is at full capacity.' for 2 days now, I'm convinced they do this on purpose so you have to sign up.

Date: June 27, 2007 11:27

Vox,

After the glowing review by monkeyman07, it sounds like you need to hear this. Would you like me to repost the tracks on yousendit?

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: June 27, 2007 16:02

Monkeyman..If you have the Bristol show and can post it I would be sooooooo grateful. The Wembley show was my first but imagine my delight at the second show in Bristol....less than half a mile from my home...Amazing !!! I have spent 25 longgg years looking for a copy of this show.

Cheers

Posted by: Bierzo ()
Date: June 27, 2007 21:15

Same as vox12string, can anyone post it in rapidshare or gigasize or megaupload please? Sendspace is getting me mad...Thank you all

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: June 28, 2007 02:21

sorry for my english, but sendspace its a shit, altough the post is brillant. and i'd posted there.
you have to try again and again to get a song...
no gigasiza anyway?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-28 02:23 by buffalo 81.

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: June 28, 2007 11:21

Thanks for this post ! But I, too, have problems : I cannot, despite many tries, get Shattered / Tumbling dice / She's so cold. I've been trying for three days now and only gat some HTML to download instead of MP3. If someone were as kind as to post it again, that would be great.
Many thanks in advance !
Hervé

Date: June 28, 2007 14:12

I have been trying to re-post on gigasize and megaupload but the uploads keep failing. I didn't try rapidshare as I have had problems downloading from there before. I will keep trying for you.

Date: June 28, 2007 15:08

Thanks a lot, Bol ! Another one works not too bad :
[www.zshare.net]
It might be worth a try ?
Anyway, thanks for posting !
Hervé

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: June 28, 2007 15:45

Finally got this, many thx, very nice show indeed

Date: June 28, 2007 16:05

Thanks hj3009. I did try zshare but it said the first file (Under My Thumb) was too big. I have tried megaupload for the last 1.5 hours and it kept cutting out during the uploading process. Opened a free accocunt at gigasize but it wont upload the files. HELP!!

Date: June 29, 2007 17:42

Hi !
If someone was so kind as to re-post Shattered / tumbling dice & She's so cold, that would be really great. These are the only files I did not manage to download.
Thanks in advance !
Hervé

Date: June 29, 2007 19:36

Sorry hj3009, the only one of these systems I have success with is sendspace, so I have re-posted the three tracks you need

Shattered [www.sendspace.com]
Tumbling Dice [www.sendspace.com]
She’s So Cold [www.sendspace.com]

If you still have a problem, let me know your e-mail and I will try and e-mail the tracks to you

Date: June 29, 2007 21:55

Hi !
Thank you very much, it worked ! If you have a wish I can satisfy - of course, I mean Stones - tell me and I'll try : I'll have more time next week to upload !
Thanks a lot,
Hervé

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: July 7, 2007 20:28

great post

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: July 7, 2007 23:35

No troubles downloading.........thanks much!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1970
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home