Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST : SB ; The Royal Dragon , July 22 , 1972 Pittsburgh PA , FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 25, 2007 13:46

X

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-20 15:31 by UrbanSteel.

Re: POST : SB ; The Royal Dragon , July 22 , 1972 Pittsburgh PA via GigaSize FLAC-WinRAR Files
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: June 25, 2007 23:20

thanks,,so this is the real pittsburg ? (not SWEET VIRGINIA )from fort w ?

STREET FIGHTING MAN is the complete version here ,,,,,

Re: POST : SB ; The Royal Dragon , July 22 , 1972 Pittsburgh PA via GigaSize FLAC-WinRAR Files
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: June 26, 2007 04:24

I think this version of "Sweet Virginia" is actually from Pittsburgh. I know most releases of this show have "Sweet Virginia" from Ft. Worth and this one may have the Ft. Worth version as well, but if memory serves, I compared the two performances years ago and they were not the same.

Also, I believe "Street Fighting Man" is actually from Sydney '73.

Date: June 26, 2007 06:44

thanks

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 26, 2007 06:54

Sweet Virginia is from 2nd Fort Worth show, and SFM is from Pittsburgh on The Royal Dragon I think
But if TumblinDice says otherwise, I'll have to re-check..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-26 06:58 by Erik_Snow.

Date: June 27, 2007 00:33

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sweet Virginia is from 2nd Fort Worth show, and
> SFM is from Pittsburgh on The Royal Dragon I
> think
> But if TumblinDice says otherwise, I'll have to
> re-check..

Nah you're right Erik, its' Ft. Worth. I thought I compared the two years ago and they were different but apparently not because I just checked and they're the same, although the sound of "Sweet Virginia" on the Pittsburgh recording is consistent with the rest of the show.

I also compared "Street Fighting Man" with the Sydney 2/27/73 version and they seem to be the same. The sound quality is also quite different than the rest of the Pittsburgh recording although the last few songs on my copy have this horrible crackling noise. I'm wondering if my copy is just flawed. I know the sound quality is not that great on the whole thing but starting around "Bye Bye Johnny", mine goes all to shit with this constant crackling. If my copy is defective, then that means Urban Steel probably has a defective copy. Could somebody else who has this recording let me know if their copy has this problem?

Also, I don't know how many releases of this recording are out there. Some of them might have "Street Fighting Man" from Pittsburgh. This may not actually be The Royal Dragon. I got this in a trade years ago when I didn't really know or care anything about the titles (still don't care much about the titles) so this could be a different release

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-27 00:59 by Tumblin_Dice_07.

Date: June 27, 2007 06:49

there is another boot..with mix of sb & aud ..don't know the name..?

Date: June 27, 2007 16:46

Tumblin_Dice_07 Wrote:
> I also compared "Street Fighting Man" with the
> Sydney 2/27/73 version and they seem to be the
> same. The sound quality is also quite different
> than the rest of the Pittsburgh recording although
> the last few songs on my copy have this horrible
> crackling noise. I'm wondering if my copy is just
> flawed. I know the sound quality is not that
> great on the whole thing but starting around "Bye
> Bye Johnny", mine goes all to shit with this
> constant crackling. If my copy is defective, then
> that means Urban Steel probably has a defective
> copy. Could somebody else who has this recording
> let me know if their copy has this problem?

I have the VGP CD The Royal Dragon, and there are no cracking noises, also, SFM sounds exactly alike the rest of the show.

Date: June 27, 2007 23:48

Erik_Snow Wrote:
>
>
> I have the VGP CD The Royal Dragon, and there are
> no cracking noises, also, SFM sounds exactly alike
> the rest of the show.

Ok I've figured this out. Partially anyhow. I downloaded the VGP boot, The Royal Dragon, yesterday. It doesn't have the crackling noise, and "Street Fighting Man" is from Pittsburgh and fades out during the 2nd chorus. Also, there's a difference in the sound during "Sweet Virginia", which is from Ft. Worth 2nd show.

On my old copy of the Pittsburgh recording (the one Urban Steel uploaded), "Sweet Virginia" sounds like the rest of the show, although it is from Ft. Worth. "Street Fighting Man" however is most definately from Sydney 2/27/73 as I've compared the two. So I don't know what release this is. I think the copy of The Royal Dragon that I got from DIME was the 2nd edition (maybe???). I can't remember, I'll have to go back and look at it again. But anywayz, could it be that my first copy was the 1st edition? Or maybe it's a different release altogether. It's sourced from vinyl so maybe that will help clear things up.

Date: June 27, 2007 23:59

Tumblin_Dice_07 Wrote:
> On my old copy of the Pittsburgh recording (the
> one Urban Steel uploaded), "Sweet Virginia" sounds
> like the rest of the show, although it is from Ft.
> Worth. "Street Fighting Man" however is most
> definately from Sydney 2/27/73 as I've compared
> the two. So I don't know what release this is. I
> think the copy of The Royal Dragon that I got from
> DIME was the 2nd edition (maybe???). I can't
> remember, I'll have to go back and look at it
> again. But anywayz, could it be that my first
> copy was the 1st edition? Or maybe it's a
> different release altogether. It's sourced from
> vinyl so maybe that will help clear things up.

The 1st VGP edition had a different title and worse sound. Me thinks you had Plane Sex On The Way To Pittsburgh which had SFM from Sydney. However, Pittsburgh 1972 has never been released on vinyl - it was released in the late 90s by VGP "An American Affair"

Posted by: edmund ()
Date: June 28, 2007 00:12

Thank you Sir!

Date: June 28, 2007 05:28

Erik_Snow Wrote:

>
>
>
> The 1st VGP edition had a different title and
> worse sound. Me thinks you had Plane Sex On The
> Way To Pittsburgh which had SFM from Sydney.
> However, Pittsburgh 1972 has never been released
> on vinyl - it was released in the late 90s by VGP
> "An American Affair"

That could be the case. I thought I read that it was sourced from vinyl but maybe I just thought that because of the pops and cracks in the recording.

Date: June 28, 2007 08:46

it's the same pops & cracks..on amsterdam 73...

Posted by: AlteJuwel ()
Date: July 6, 2008 16:41

(:- the dl wont run, gigasize will only give a about 300bytes file

Date: July 6, 2008 21:51

SV is from Ft. Worth #2. I have the audience recording that has the orig. SV.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: July 6, 2008 21:52

vancouver

Yes, it's called "Sweet Virginia's Saturday Night Smelter's Blues". Esky and I put it together. Email me privately and I can send you a copy.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 27, 2008 18:35

Jos could yoplease repost this boot?
I still miss it! Many thanks in advance!
All the best,
Quique

Date: July 27, 2008 20:37

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-20 15:32 by UrbanSteel.

Re: POST : SB ; The Royal Dragon , July 22 , 1972 Pittsburgh PA , FLAC-Zip Files , GigaSize
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 28, 2008 04:15

Many thanks Jos, you are very kind and generous sahring your boot and filling up our requests!
All the best,
Enrique
smileys with beer

Re: POST : SB ; The Royal Dragon , July 22 , 1972 Pittsburgh PA , FLAC-Zip Files
Date: December 12, 2009 19:28

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-20 15:32 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 31, 2010 04:00

vancouver

Ye-es, & possess a copy of it. It's Brown Sugar through the begining of Midnight Rambler, then goes into the SB for the rest of the show.

Re: POST : SB ; The Royal Dragon , July 22 , 1972 Pittsburgh PA , FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 12, 2011 23:52

Link is still active

Re: POST : SB ; The Royal Dragon , July 22 , 1972 Pittsburgh PA , FLAC-Zip Files , GigaSize
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 18, 2015 02:00

Does anybody still have the 60 minute audience recording of this show? Mine has vapourized.

Date: July 18, 2015 06:33

HEILOOBAAS
Does anybody still have the 60 minute audience recording of this show? Mine has vapourized.

Oh no...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home