Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST : AUD/SB ? ; Keep your Pussies Clean! , Oct 13 & 14 1973 FLAC-Zip Files + CD Rom
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 25, 2007 14:53

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-11 21:54 by UrbanSteel.

Re: POST : AUD/SB ? ; Keep your Pussy's Clean! , Oct 13 & 14 1973 via GigaSize FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 25, 2007 17:45

thank you very much

Re: POST : AUD/SB ? ; Keep your Pussy's Clean! , Oct 13 & 14 1973 via GigaSize FLAC-Zip Files
Date: April 28, 2007 23:47

The speed of this recording is actually a little bit off. It's a little slow. It's not enough to really hurt it but I picked up my guitar and was playing along today and couldn't find the right key. It didn't sound slow to me but I felt like the pitch was off. I think the pitch was just about a quarter of a step low. I did a speed correction and it sounds much better.

I used Audacity to do the speed correction. Normally if a track's pitch is off by a half step, I would change the speed by(= or -) 5 units. This time I just changed it by 2.5 units and it sounded good to me.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: April 29, 2007 06:51

Ooh , it's ever so slight Tumbin isn't it. I find a fair number of the early boots are not quite there, I tend to do a lot of bending to compensate.

Thx Urban, just started listening to this, no diginoise so far, if this is the cleaned up version it's a mighty fine job

Date: April 29, 2007 08:40

vox12string Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ooh , it's ever so slight Tumbin isn't it. I find
> a fair number of the early boots are not quite
> there, I tend to do a lot of bending to
> compensate.
>
> Thx Urban, just started listening to this, no
> diginoise so far, if this is the cleaned up
> version it's a mighty fine job

Yeah I couldn't tell until I started playing along. And I realized that the key of B wasn't quite right on "Midnight Rambler" but neither was Bflat. Speed correction is not really neccessary on this one for enjoyable listening. It's such a small difference that you don't really notice it. I got a recording from Boston 6/12/75 today that I had to speed correct too.

This (Keep Your Pussy's Clean) is quite good. I was surprized. I'm with Urban Steel in the opinion that the second half is not soundboard but good audience. It's quite good though. Does anybody know if the entire 10/13/73 show is available in that quality?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 29, 2007 13:58

Yes it's audience, but I wrote earlier that it's "similiar to some sort of SB recording", because the music is so loud that it kills all the other sounds when it starts. Especially Keith's guitar. That's why I'd like to know how it was recorded, it sounds like the microphone is placed really close to the speakers, it's mighty wierd. Didn't mean that it was SB.

Date: April 29, 2007 18:49

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes it's audience, but I wrote earlier that it's
> "similiar to some sort of SB recording", because
> the music is so loud that it kills all the other
> sounds when it starts. Especially Keith's guitar.
> That's why I'd like to know how it was recorded,
> it sounds like the microphone is placed really
> close to the speakers, it's mighty wierd. Didn't
> mean that it was SB.

Yeah I know. It's just that the seeder claimed that the second half was soundboard. It could be a soundboard in a similar sense to the way Paris 9/23/70 is a "soundboard". Is it possible that the recorder was placed right in front of a monitor speaker?

Also, Erik, have you heard the 10/13/73 show? The second part of this recording (the better part) is supposed to be from 10/13. I know the 10/13 show circulates but is it a complete version of the same recording?

Posted by: AlteJuwel ()
Date: July 12, 2008 13:10

thx for sharing

Date: July 12, 2008 18:31

Any way you can convert this to MP3? My computer hates FLAC!!!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: July 12, 2008 19:06

>>Any way you can convert this to MP3? My computer hates FLAC!!!

Isn't it here:

[www.iorr.org]

Re: POST : AUD/SB ? ; Keep your Pussies Clean! , Oct 13 & 14 1973 FLAC-Zip Files + CD Rom
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: December 11, 2009 22:06

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-11 21:54 by UrbanSteel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home