Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
POST : AUD/SB ; Welcome to New York , Madison Square Garden , July 26, 1972 via GigaSize FLAC-Zip Files Art Upload
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 12, 2007 16:49

X

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-11 19:23 by UrbanSteel.

Re: POST : AUD/SB ; Welcome to New York , Madison Square Garden , July 26, 1972 via GigaSize FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 12, 2007 21:11

Nobody has said thanks?
Well then I'm the first....Thanks!!

Re: POST : AUD/SB ; Welcome to New York , Madison Square Garden , July 26, 1972 via GigaSize FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: pancho1111 ()
Date: March 12, 2007 23:23

Thanks urban for your post,
I had problem w-first track, a .rar failure, but solved downloading the mp3 version

Date: March 13, 2007 03:17

I am about to download this, has somebody else experienced a problem with track 1 ?

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: March 13, 2007 09:29

UrbanSteel:
I have downloaded this twice now and it still won't unzip...is it me? :-)

Thanks in advance for your fantatsic effort on this!!

Cheers.

Date: March 13, 2007 09:40

Zagalo: you can try this:
open the file with winrar, press the repair button , and winrar will rebuild the file, I made this procedure but track 1 still defective..

Date: March 13, 2007 12:24

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-11 19:22 by UrbanSteel.

Date: March 13, 2007 16:41

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-11 19:22 by UrbanSteel.

Date: March 13, 2007 17:40

Thanks Again Urba Steel, you are Very kind !

Date: March 13, 2007 18:19

THanks Urban Steel, look forward to this version

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-28 01:46 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: March 13, 2007 19:02

Can't wait to hear it - thanks!!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: March 13, 2007 19:16

isn't there aud rec of JJF & SFM ?

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: March 13, 2007 20:23

As sometimes downloading huge archives is a pain in the arse for me due to my internet connection, has any of you compared the sound quality of this with the one on Rattlesnake's STP Boxset? Is this any improvement? Thanks in advance, and anyway thanks to UrbanSteel for kindly sharing these gems.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Date: March 14, 2007 11:24

I heard it only last night and, honestly, I didn't have the time to compare the two of them. But from what I heard, I'd say there is a noticeable sound improvement on the soundboard tracks (7-15) - more clarity and treble, and an even better separation between the two guitars. On the other hand, the audience tracks seem to bear no improvement, actually I guess the audience portion on the recent TMOQ CD release has a better sound to it. But it was great fun to hear the soundboard bit with such great clarity and detail and in correct sequence! So maybe you should give it a try, bruno.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-14 12:02 by Greenblues.

Date: March 14, 2007 11:31

i compared too..the aud rec sounds much better here,,

Date: March 14, 2007 14:04

OK folks, thanks. I think I'll have to give it a try as Greenblues said, then.

Date: March 14, 2007 14:12

I don't have the CDs with me to compare, but at first listen, the sound striked me as better than on the Touring Party box set.
I will know for sure this evening though.
Thanks for the upload !

Date: March 15, 2007 01:51

I've compared them, it's well worth a download for that classic show.

There's more "air" in the mix..or how I should put it, featured in this torrent, it's a better listening experience.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: March 16, 2007 05:05

I haven't got to listen to the whole thing yet. I've owned several different versions of this boot. I've got a really good original silver cd that was the best I heard until this version. This one might surpass it. It's at least as good but I haven't listened to it all yet.

Date: March 16, 2007 14:43

Thanks for the tip, Erik. I finally downloaded it and indeed it sounds very good: as you said, it's like there were some air in the mix. Other versions I have from this one sound like if you were inside a 5x5 square meters room with the Stones playing inside. With this at least the room is 10x10 sq.m., LOL!.

I still dream about some of those masters of software out there doing a "matrix mix" between the audience source of WTNY (it exists, innit?) and this famous (and too dry) soundboard...

BTW, I did find two (minor and easy to fix) faults on this source: first, the channels are inverted (Keith should be on the right and Taylor on the left) and second, the CD is high pitched (half step).

Anyway, it is wort downloading. Thanks again, UrbanSteel!!

Date: March 16, 2007 15:12

bruno Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still dream about some of those masters of
> software out there doing a "matrix mix" between
> the audience source of WTNY (it exists, innit?)
> and this famous (and too dry) soundboard...

Hi Bruno,
yes, we tried to get that matrix together about a year ago.
Drake was supposed to put the 2 sources together. Then we discoverd that nobody had a good audience source for the SB-part of the show,
I think there's a crappy source out there, but the good audience rec is unavailable/hard to find.

> BTW, I did find two (minor and easy to fix) faults
> on this source: first, the channels are inverted
> (Keith should be on the right and Taylor on the
> left) and second, the CD is high pitched (half
> step).

They are ? I haven't checked the pitch yet.
But I noticed a problem at about 10:50 in Midnight Rambler. THe sound drops out for a sec or so, like if the needle on the turntable take a jump or something.
Anyhow, it was really nice to get a real vinyl transfer, instead of those no-noise versions, though the TouringParty disc 6 is better than most CD releases (not better than this one though)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-16 15:18 by Erik_Snow.

Date: March 16, 2007 15:25

bruno Wrote:
> and second, the CD is high pitched (half step).

That fits my impression when listening to "Midnight Rambler" from this version. I remembered it was a frantic performance (and it still remains half step down) but when listening to this I thought, Keith must have been "coked up" to the top (maybe he was, though).

Date: March 16, 2007 19:12

the pitch on the audience part seems correct to me. The pitch on the soundboard part is a little sharp but not a half step.....more like a quarter step I think. I checked this using a guitar.

Date: March 16, 2007 20:53

Tumblin Dice 07, I just shot you an e-mail.

Date: March 16, 2007 22:30

Erik, you got mail.

Date: March 16, 2007 22:41

eric wrote.

But I noticed a problem at about 10:50 in Midnight Rambler. THe sound drops out for a sec or so, like if the needle on the turntable take a jump or something.

i checked the touring party version,,of,MR.there is the same sound there but not so loud..

anyway it would be nice to past ,,the fading JJF.with aud..(if someone could do it..i tryed..but.!!!!!!...no sucess..

Date: March 16, 2007 22:58

vancouver Wrote:
> erik wrote:
> "But I noticed a problem at about 10:50 in Midnight
> Rambler. THe sound drops out for a sec or so, like
> if the needle on the turntable take a jump or
> something. "
>
> i checked the touring party version,,of,MR.there
> is the same sound there but not so loud..

> anyway it would be nice to past ,,the fading
> JJF.with aud..(if someone could do it..i
> tryed..but.!!!!!!...no sucess..

Hi Vancouver, so it's there on the Rattlesnake box too. Strange I never noticed. Maybe it's like that on the original vinyl, but TSP was able to fix that ? I hope somebody here could check the vinyl...

Sorry but I don't have the JJF/SFM in audience quality, but I think they are available in poor audience quality.

Posted by: AlteJuwel ()
Date: July 6, 2008 11:25

thx a lot for sharing

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: July 6, 2008 23:40

Beside the famous soundboard (from Love In Vain to JJF) there are 2 audience recordings circulating: first one is this one here which is very good but is only until Tumbling Dice (so it is just a supplement to the SB ); second one is on VGP's WTNY (VGP-312), it's almost the complete show (SFM faded out) but it's of poor quality and barely listenable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-06 23:41 by midnrambler.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: September 12, 2009 03:55

Always curious about why Jumping Jack Flash fades out?

Charlie

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1658
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home