Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Detroit 1978
Posted by: kream ()
Date: October 26, 2006 23:16

-

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-05 00:38 by kream.

Re: POST: specially for Mr. UrbanSteel "Detroit 1978"
Posted by: stalemate97 ()
Date: October 27, 2006 00:10

Hi

It's an audience recording.
Uneven audience, some pretty good, other parts a bit bassy.

Posted by: kream ()
Date: October 27, 2006 01:24

completed

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: October 27, 2006 13:20

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-30 19:17 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: October 29, 2006 17:22

how can i decode it to mp3?

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: October 29, 2006 17:37

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-30 19:18 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: October 30, 2006 00:37

Anybody with pictures from this show?

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: January 3, 2009 05:52

I plucked this particular torrent from Dime two years ago. But found out it is actually the New York Palladium show from 1978 when comparing it with the Wolfgangs Vault soundboard release of Detroit 78.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: June 4, 2010 02:20

Britney
I plucked this particular torrent from Dime two years ago. But found out it is actually the New York Palladium show from 1978 when comparing it with the Wolfgangs Vault soundboard release of Detroit 78.

Is this true? Doe this mean there is no complete Detroit '78 out there?
[I would have checked myself but the links are dead]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-04 02:21 by blakeeik.

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: June 4, 2010 20:35

blakeeik
Britney

All of Detroit is available, most are available in soundboard save for 5 (far away eyes, respectable, sweet little sixteen, brown sugar, and jumpin' jack flash). UrbanSteel has W.V.'s version posted on IORR the last three (sweet little sixteen, brown sugar, and jumpin' jack flash) are from Houston, not Detroit.

Date: June 4, 2010 20:50

chenry9195
blakeeik
Britney

All of Detroit is available, most are available in soundboard save for 5 (far away eyes, respectable, sweet little sixteen, brown sugar, and jumpin' jack flash). UrbanSteel has W.V.'s version posted on IORR the last three (sweet little sixteen, brown sugar, and jumpin' jack flash) are from Houston, not Detroit.

Yes - my point is, where can you find Sweet Little 16, JJF, and Brown Sugar from Detroit 1978? Not on a SB source, and not on the audience source, so where are they?

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: June 4, 2010 23:45

I have a complete detroit ( i hope )
It comes from a tape that i have trade many years ago.
A friend of my have transfered this to cd
It is not so good sound

Ray

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: June 5, 2010 00:01

Rolling Stones - Abandoned In Detroit (Dog N Cat DAC-068)

Masonic Temple Auditorium, Detroit, MI - July 6th, 1978

Disc 1: Let It Rock, All Down The Line, Honky Tonk Women, Star Star, When The Whip Comes Down, Lies, Miss You, Beast Of Burden, Just My Imagination, Shattered

Disc 2: Introduction, Love In Vain, Tumbling Dice, Happy, Sweet Little Sixteen (July 19 Houston), Brown Sugar (July 19 Houston), Jumping Jack Flash (July 19 Houston), Respectable (July 6 Detroit audience), Far Away Eyes (July 6 Detroit audience)

Abandoned In Detroit is the fourth permutation of the KBFH tape from Detroit to be released. The tape’s posting online was a good thing since only a handful of songs have circulated from a professional source. There were some problems though. Two songs from Some Girls, “Respectable” and “Far Away Eyes” were not included although it is presumed they were taped. Wolfgang’s Vault didn’t note that the final three songs, “Sweet Little Sixteen,” “Brown Sugar,” and “Brown Sugar” are not from Detroit but from the July 19 show in Houston (Jagger clearly greets Houston before “Brown Sugar”). All of the silver releases deal with this situation in various ways.

The first to surface is the non-label one disc title Rolling Stones ‘78. All sixteen songs that were posted online were copied on the disc and the manufactures do point out the correct source for the final three songs. Keeping It Simple (White Widow) followed soon after and is pretty much the same except the sixteen songs are spread out over two discs and there is evidence of the music being downloaded with “swishing” residue over the music. Can’t Forget The Motor City (Vintage Masters Premium Series VM-005A/cool smiley include “Respectable,” “Far Away Eyes,” and “Street Fighting Man” from the Fort Worth soundboard and round out the release with other KBFH tracks to produce a mini-Handsome Girls release.

Dog N Cat make the proper notation for the final three songs and include the two missing tracks from the audience recording of the Detroit show at the end of disc two. It may have been a better idea to include the two songs between “Shattered” and “Love In Vain” where they lay in the set list. The sound quality of the main tape on this release is excellent sounding. The KBFH tapes are very top heavy with a weak lower end, but DAC sounds slightly fatter than the others. The performance is one of the better ones on what is generally perceived to be the Stones’ most sloppy tour. Detroit follows a lackluster performance on July 4th in Buffalo and is a considerable improvement. Some claim, based on this more complete tape, this is one of the strongest shows from the entire tour.

Date: June 5, 2010 19:44

Keessie
I have a complete detroit ( i hope )
It comes from a tape that i have trade many years ago.
A friend of my have transfered this to cd
It is not so good sound

Ray

Ray, if you get a chance, I would love to hear more about this source - title? origin? of even post it if you can. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1617
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home