Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Precious Love
Date: August 17, 2006 03:50

I've missed this as the files have expired....May I ask someone to repost...and thanks!

Re: Precious Love
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 17, 2006 05:08

Precious Love, 192kb/sec mp3

[www.yousendit.com]

Date: August 17, 2006 05:21

Attn: open-g

Thank you very much!

Date: August 18, 2006 00:54

This song is so nice I can hardly stand it!
Makes me want to be back in 1975 and dancing with a girl at Prom!

Agree? Disagree?

Can someone explain me how a band can record such beautiful music and then decide not to release it? (That question of course applies to the scores and scores of songs that us fans have discovered and shared for these many years.

And furthermore, How the heck can such a band have the audacity to authorize the release this past year of a CD called rarities that had virtually no rarities.

Hey, Mick, what's the story?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 18, 2006 04:49

It's a beautyful song indeed - but what struck me when I first heard it was - thats Stand By Me - done by the Stones.
maybe someone told 'em just that, even though they might have thought it was they're own genuine material.
It did happen again with Anybody seen My Baby!

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: August 19, 2006 03:15

Again Expired. Can we trty again. Thanks

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: August 19, 2006 04:58

something is wrong with the song. i cannot download either

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: August 19, 2006 08:10

I'm one ofthe probably few souls here who have heard Otis Redding's version of For Your Precious Love. The Stones' version is easygoing, Redding's version is a little desperate. Both versions are very good, Redding's the best.

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: August 19, 2006 08:27

if i heard it...

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: August 19, 2006 09:05

Try limewire to get the various versions, John Butler is the original I believe. From a musical point of view it's a standard C/Am/F/G progression but it's what you do with it that counts.

For the last line on a couple of the verses Mick changes the melody slightly so it comes out sounding like Percy Sledge's 'When a Man Love A Woman', play the 2 back to back & it's obvious. Whether it's a concious thing or whether it's an unconcious one that creeps up out of the memory of songs we've half learned we don't know, but given the litigation that goes on in the music field about who stole what from whom I wonder if they held it back because of that similarity.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 19, 2006 10:43

An awesome song. Sounds alot like When A Man... mixed in with the Righteous Brothers Unchained Melody.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home