Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Looking for 3 CD bootleg - maybe called "Performances"?, with versions of Schoolboy Blues
Posted by: chillrob ()
Date: March 24, 2015 03:11

About 20 years ago I was doing cassette trading by mail, and I received in trade a cassette copy of a Rolling Stones outtakes compilation which I loved. I think it was originally 1 3 CD comp, probably called "Performances". I don't even have the cassettes anymore so not completely sure. I have searched for references to the set, but the name is so generic that I can't find anything.

Anyway, it had a lot of stuff I've gotten on other boots since then, but I think it has a few things I don't have otherwise. The thing I remember the most is that it has at least 3, possibly 4, different versions of "Schoolboy Blues", aka "C***sucker Blues". If anyone has this boot available, or has any info on it, please let me know. If not, I would love to even find out where else I could get those different versions of that song. I think I only have one acoustic version now; this had at least one full band version.

Re: Looking for 3 CD bootleg - maybe called "Performances"?, with versions of Schoolboy Blues
Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: March 24, 2015 07:48

Maybe this one. But it' s a 4-disc set.

[www.iorr.org]

Re: Looking for 3 CD bootleg - maybe called "Performances"?, with versions of Schoolboy Blues
Date: March 24, 2015 08:31

Unfortunately I can't read the tracks on that picture, but it almost certainly is the same thing. I guess it was 4 disks but fit on 3 cassettes. Thanks for info.

Now if anyone could share it that would be even better... the other thread is less than 2 months old, but the links there are already dead.

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: March 24, 2015 09:27

chillrob
Unfortunately I can't read the tracks on that picture...

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: March 24, 2015 19:33

That one has the 1970 Studio version on there repeated twice and it also has the 1978 tour rehearsal version.

Sadly, there are only 2 versions of CS Blues and this box set is somewhat misleading.

Date: March 25, 2015 01:36

Hmm, seems like I would have noticed if two of the versions were exactly the same, though that was 20 years ago, so who knows. Are there any more versions of this song in known existence?

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: March 25, 2015 12:36

chillrob
Hmm, seems like I would have noticed if two of the versions were exactly the same, though that was 20 years ago, so who knows. Are there any more versions of this song in known existence?

Just those two that we know of.
There could of course be more that don't circulate among collectors.

Date: March 26, 2015 05:12

Well I just downloaded the box from someone who was kind enough to post in the other thread, and it does have 4 versions listed! Hard to imagine they would be audacious enough to turn 2 versions into 4, and that I never noticed. Maybe they doctored them to make alternates?? I'll have to listen and try to figure out.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 28, 2015 17:13

On cd 4, Jah is not dead is not the good title, its where the boys all g
Jeroen

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 28, 2015 18:48

I d/l and gave all four a quik listen and it sounds to me like the number 1-3 are all the same versions with a little tweaking of pitch and treble/bass with number 4 being the 78 rehearsal (as listed)...I have been known to be wrong tho...;-)

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: April 6, 2015 22:43

chillrob
The thing I remember the most is that it has at least 3, possibly 4, different versions of "Schoolboy Blues", aka "C***sucker Blues". If anyone has this boot available, or has any info on it, please let me know. If not, I would love to even find out where else I could get those different versions of that song. I think I only have one acoustic version now; this had at least one full band version.

I used to have a maxi CD with 4 or 5 versions of Schoolboy Blues. All the same take but from different sources + the 78 Woodstock version.
Useless but nice little thing. I may still have it somewhere.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1349
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home