Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Leeds '71 Questions
Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: February 17, 2015 19:23

It seems odd that they would open with Dead Flowers and not play JJF (amongst others) at all. Is this only a partial show that we have available so far?

Re: Leeds '71 Questions
Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: February 17, 2015 20:12

Unfortunately yes

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: February 17, 2015 21:59

Well let's hope it is released in its entirety with a deluxe Sticky Fingers!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 18, 2015 01:52

Ahhh...a newbie!

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: February 18, 2015 03:43

Is the original Get Your Leeds Lungs Out pitched too slow? The whole band sounds like they're on helium, much like the sound of the original vinyl of Cologne 76 #1, Hot Pants & Wet Panties.

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: February 18, 2015 13:36

After all these years this is what The BBC has.The last time BBC Radio 6 broadcast the set they included "Let it rock"as the encore.As far as I know they had"nt before.

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: February 18, 2015 14:13

The usual tour setlist was the opener 'Jumping Jack Flash' followed by 'Live With Me' then 'Dead Flowers'. Presumably both or just JJF were performed at Leeds. For whatever reason the BBC only broadcast from DF. Was it due to time restriction, the start of the recording was damaged/corrupted or some sort of contractual legality regarding the song(s). Hopefully the full show resides in the Stones/BBC archives. Given that 'Let It Rock' is available in pristine stereo might not the entire show be likewise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-18 14:16 by MrTurner.

Posted by: robbiebobbob ()
Date: February 18, 2015 22:12

Just as an aside I believe The Groundhogs were the support and a CD of there set is avaliable officially.

Propbable of no intrest to anyone but hey ho

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: February 19, 2015 15:15

Coincidentally I downloaded The Groundhogs set last week.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 19, 2015 18:15

One of my most favourite Stones live bootlegs. Here in great sound quality too, despite the mono (except Let It Rock).

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: March 2, 2015 00:19

I was at the concert. The Groundhogs were indeed on the bill as were an Afro-rock band called Noir. Tickets were 19/6d in old UK money, just under £1. For comparison, my salary was probably about £10 per week at the time. Good times!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home