Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: "She Was Hot" - EXTENDED Version, Excellent Quality
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: December 13, 2014 14:39

Thanks for Undercover guys, missed this first time through

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: December 13, 2014 22:07

gotdablouse
From an early version leaked to a DJ in 1983

Hum, I wouldn't qualify it as an "early" version. Rather a maxi-version project.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: December 14, 2014 01:08

blakeeik

These are listed in TUG. They are also on a WLR box set (with DJ overdubs).

TUG?

J

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: December 14, 2014 12:39

I'd never heard of this alternate mix of 'Undercover of the Night' - thanks so much for posting!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 14, 2014 17:41

IrelandCalling4
I'd never heard of this alternate mix of 'Undercover of the Night' - thanks so much for posting!

Thanks from here too!

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: December 14, 2014 18:31

The DJ overdubs on these two songs vary, depending on the radio station/town that received what seemed to me at the time in 1983 was a tape, hence the slight warbling effect and poorer quality. I recorded these songs off the radio in 83 from WMMS Cleveland. My versions have the DJ/station ID in different portions of the songs from bootleg versions on CD I have heard. I suppose with better technology these days, we can edit out the DJs and splice together better full versions.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 15, 2014 00:41

That's a thought, if you can post yours I'm sure some of the wizzards here can make it work!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: December 15, 2014 12:17

Yup, if you've got another version of Undercover then we should be able to do something.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 15, 2014 21:48

What a nice clean version! thanks a bunch.

I only had the Napster dial-up version from many moons ago - still loved it though.
warts, distorion, heavy compression, Dj jacking and all.

here for comparison

I noticed the new, clean version needs a little pitch shifting. as it's a wave file thats no biggie though.
I like to grab my Telecaster when listening to stuff like this.heh.

edit: for pitch shifting I settled with -0,40% using Audacity. tempo was left un-changed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-15 22:52 by open-g.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 16, 2014 18:12

open-g
edit: for pitch shifting I settled with -0,40% using Audacity. tempo was left un-changed.

Uhmmmm - as this is from the good old analog days when pitch change also meant tempo change (=a tape running too slow or too fast does not only affect the pitch compared to the original, but also the tempo), I wonder if leaving the tempo untouched is the right decision here.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 16, 2014 21:25

alimente
open-g

Uhmmmm - as this is from the good old analog days when pitch change also meant tempo change (=a tape running too slow or too fast does not only affect the pitch compared to the original, but also the tempo), I wonder if leaving the tempo untouched is the right decision here.

You're absolutely right. I'm not even sure if Audacity leaves or changes the tempo. it's not my go-to audio editor but the only one with working pitchshift.

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: December 17, 2014 00:13

gotdablouse
That's a thought, if you can post yours I'm sure some of the wizzards here can make it work!

I went back and listened to my tape, It appears my Undercover recording before the release may be the Extended Cheeky Mix.

My She Was Hot pre release DJ promo extended 7 minute version is in very good quality but the DJ speaks over the first few seconds only

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 19, 2014 20:26

JMARKO
gotdablouse
From an early version leaked to a DJ in 1983, this thread has all the info about that's known to...man, well at least to Stones' fans [www.iorr.org] ;-)

I'm not sure if "leaked" is the proper term. This was given to radio stations as an official promo for the song to the best of my knowledge.

My assumption is that these were produced and distributed to radio stations on tape cartridges. If these were on vinyl they would have ended up somewhere in collector's circles/auctions.

I don't think it was given to radio stations. I think it was leaked. There's no catalog number, only one radio station had the extended She Was Hot.

Hey, Marko, "She Was Hot" could use your magic touch!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1739
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home