Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14
Re: LIST/POST - Rarest of the Studio Outtakes and History of Leaks
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 9, 2014 15:13

silkcut1978_
Honestman
Mathijs

I have always been very surprised it hasn't turn up earlier. There's quite some people who have this material...

Mathijs

And there's quite even more people who haven't listened to this material.Your comment here show how selfish can be human being sometime.I agreed with Gotdablouse these outtakes are quite a find and sounds great but I guess that it will surface only when The Trading Circle will got enuff $$$ from those tapes.

It has always been that way. We have to wait patiently until somebody needs cash. As economics are bad nowadays I hope for many more releases to come.

The biggest problem is that there isn't a market anymore for bootlegs as everybody wants everything for free. So my conclusion is that it's our own fault that we don't have more material in our hands...

I don't think it is about money at all. The thing with trading is that 1) you never know if you really 'own' the stuff and 2) you never know when you need it to trade it against something else not circulating.

Concerning 1): if I trade something with another trader we both don't know for sure if we really own it, or if we hurt the relationship by releasing what we've traded. And if I release it, he might not want to trade with me again when he has something new.

Concerning 2): I try to keep something to myself only to be able to offer something for a trade when something new comes up.

And then -the bootleg market is just about totally dead. So, there's not very much money to be made anymore. The days of $200 for a double VGP are long gone. So what's the use of releasing something is it doesn't make any money?

Mathijs

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 9, 2014 15:42

Pleasure...

That's the use

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: December 9, 2014 15:43

Mathijs

And then -the bootleg market is just about totally dead. So, there's not very much money to be made anymore. The days of $200 for a double VGP are long gone. So what's the use of releasing something is it doesn't make any money?

Mathijs

Exactly what I meant. But a few labels still invest money on rare recordings. I don't for sure about Brixton but I wish I'd have made the money for Circus Krone and as far as I can say all units were sold (was it 750? not sure).

On the other hand there's a small market again for vinyl - I've seen plenty of the Stones box-sets in Barcelona 2 months ago and they sell this stuff for good money. LPs and CDs within a set - that's something at least I still like to "invest".

Dead? yes - nobody seems to care for CDs anymore but vinyl is back more and more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-09 15:44 by silkcut1978_.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: December 9, 2014 15:48

smiling smiley

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: December 9, 2014 15:58

silkcut1978_
Honestman
Mathijs

I have always been very surprised it hasn't turn up earlier. There's quite some people who have this material...

Mathijs

And there's quite even more people who haven't listened to this material.Your comment here show how selfish can be human being sometime.I agreed with Gotdablouse these outtakes are quite a find and sounds great but I guess that it will surface only when The Trading Circle will got enuff $$$ from those tapes.

It has always been that way. We have to wait patiently until somebody needs cash. As economics are bad nowadays I hope for many more releases to come.

The biggest problem is that there isn't a market anymore for bootlegs as everybody wants everything for free. So my conclusion is that it's our own fault that we don't have more material in our hands...

I agree, at least somewhat, with all of the comments so far about the rare-material hold-outs. I started another tread based on this topic. [www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-09 16:08 by blakeeik.

Date: December 9, 2014 16:11

gotdblouse, do you want to count this one on your list of stuff? [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 9, 2014 16:15

gotdablouse

vudicus
This stuff is really cool, I would love to hear these ebay tapes in full.

Wasn't there also a rumor of control room footage of the undercover sessions being in the hands of collectors? The mind boggles.

Haven't heard that about UC but Mathijs did tell us sometime last year (when some of it might have appeared on that 6 DVD release whose name escapes me right now, "On File" ?) that he owned control room footage from the "Dirty Work" sessions. I'd heard from a friend who was in Boulogne in 1985 that a friend of his had made some videos inside the studio (how/why that was allowed I have no idea) that he'd dropped off at the house Ronnie was staying in at the time and that he'd thanked him profusely...

Man, I would love to see that footage.
I have the box set with snippets from it and it just makes you want more!

Mathijs, is it really true? Do you have this footage?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 9, 2014 16:17

So what's the title of that box set? "Just for the record" ?

@blakeek - Thanks for the pointer and for starting a new thread to stop the OT that was threatening this one ;-)

If you can upload the speed corrected JMI I I'll be glad to add it yes.

So how do you like "It's a Lie" (5'23" ) ? The harmonica intro is nice and it sounds better at least ;-)

@HMN - I realize that expression was not very well chosen, hehe...but let's bring it on in that blakeeik's new thread [www.iorr.org] ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-09 16:21 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 9, 2014 16:43

vudicus
gotdablouse

vudicus

Wasn't there also a rumor of control room footage of the undercover sessions being in the hands of collectors? The mind boggles.

Haven't heard that about UC but Mathijs did tell us sometime last year (when some of it might have appeared on that 6 DVD release whose name escapes me right now, "On File" ?) that he owned control room footage from the "Dirty Work" sessions. I'd heard from a friend who was in Boulogne in 1985 that a friend of his had made some videos inside the studio (how/why that was allowed I have no idea) that he'd dropped off at the house Ronnie was staying in at the time and that he'd thanked him profusely...

Video footage in the studio taken during Dirty WOrk sessions is available. It's not that interesting though, it's filmned through the glass of the studio wall. It runs for about 25 minutes.

Mathijs

Date: December 9, 2014 16:59

Mathijs
vudicus
gotdablouse

vudicus

Video footage in the studio taken during Dirty WOrk sessions is available. It's not that interesting though, it's filmned through the glass of the studio wall. It runs for about 25 minutes.

Mathijs

Do you have a link to this footage at all?
I would love to get it, no matter how tedious it may be.

Date: December 9, 2014 17:15

gotdablouse
So how do you like "It's a Lie" (5'23") ? The harmonica intro is nice and it sounds better at least ;-)

It's a great version - I like it! But after hearing it, it may not be the same as the version mentioned in TUG 0.311 #50. It sounds to be like the full version of #15 with additional overdubs. Interesting!

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: December 9, 2014 20:59

Mathijs
These outtakes are from a batch of cassette tapes that where sold on Ebay some 5 years ago. They do go around in tape trading circles. It has some great outtakes like ELiza, but also 16 different mixes of Too Much Blood. One tape has the Sonny Rollins overdub sessions, which was discussed here on this board.

Oh, man! Tracks from Rollins's sessions would make my year!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 9, 2014 23:22

vudicus
Mathijs
vudicus
gotdablouse

vudicus

Mathijs

Do you have a link to this footage at all?
I would love to get it, no matter how tedious it may be.

HO! HO! HO!
Mathijs is not Santa Claus and he knows what The Rolling Stones want to be "released" for the avarage Stonesbeliever like you and I. thumbs down

Date: December 10, 2014 15:32

x

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-10 17:00 by vudicus.

Date: December 10, 2014 16:12

Can we stop with the massive quotes please, especially for a message with simply an "x" ! Please consider editing that last message at least.

Good news, the extended "She Was Hot" version has just been shared here [www.iorr.org] so I will add it to the list in the first message.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: razorback9200 ()
Date: December 10, 2014 16:41

gotdablouse

Are you trying to say that you've been sitting on "It's a Lie I" (5'23" ) since 2005 and that you find it amusing that's it's only being shared for all to enjoy? Wow...

Do people who buy bootlegs owe something to MP3/FLAC/ collectors, if we can call them " collectors" ? I don't think so.
I used to share a nice part of my collection ( from silvers), on the Rocks Off tracker and Dimeadozen, a few years ago...I even had some @#$%& from the french Twis forum complaining that I wasn't uploading fast enough. And no need to say that you got a handful of "thank you" for hundreds of downloads.And worst of it, you always find a wizard of remastering ( equalizing most part of the time) to butcher the original release and claim it's his own work.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-10 16:46 by razorback9200.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: December 10, 2014 16:51

Just a quick question regarding 'It's a Lie' - along with 'I Need You', it has always been my favourite outtake from that period. I have just one version; may I ask, on which bootleg would the best sound quality for 'It's a Lie' be?

Date: December 10, 2014 16:56

razorback9200
gotdablouse

Are you trying to say that you've been sitting on "It's a Lie I" (5'23" ) since 2005 and that you find it amusing that's it's only being shared for all to enjoy? Wow...

Do people who buy bootlegs owe something to MP3/FLAC/ collectors, if we can call them " collectors" ? I don't think so.
I used to share a nice part of my collection ( from silvers), on the Rocks Off tracker and Dimeadozen, a few years ago...I even had some @#$%& from the french Twis forum complaining that I wasn't uploading fast enough. And no need to say that you got a handful of "thank you" for hundreds of downloads.And worst of it, you always find a wizard of remastering ( equalizing most part of the time) to butcher the original release and claim it's his own work.

I understand your frustration and even share it. But it's an important distinction that this place is nothing like DaD or other megatrackers...the people here actually are grateful which is why it's been a pleasure for me to share here...just a thought

Date: December 10, 2014 16:56

razorback9200
gotdablouse

Not sure what point you're trying to make? You chose not to share the long version of "It's a Lie" when you sold your "Black and Blue Ultimate" on eBay and no one criticized you for that right? On the other hand you have this guy "riccardo99" who comes out of the woodworks as soon as it's available to make fun of other fans who're just happy to be able to enjoy that new outtake by boasting he had it since 2005, useless and mean, hence my reply.

Again, let's keep things positive here, in a matter of a week we've had more new outtakes made available to the fans than in the past ten years (yes, most of them are snippets but there are two full songs too), how great is that!

@IrelandCalling4 - the new long version is by far the best quality version that's surfaced so far. The previous best version would be on the DAC-104/Paris Results II - available here : [www.iorr.org]

--------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-11 02:25 by gotdablouse.

Date: December 10, 2014 17:57

Thanks very much gotdablouse; the boot it's from actually looks very good, 'Black and Blue - Definitive'.

One last query; 'Not the way to Go' was on one of the very first bootlegs I ever acquired, 'Certain Chicks'. Anyone who has heard every version; what is the best for sound quality with vocals of this fine tune?

Date: December 10, 2014 18:10

They're not that different in terms of quality if memory serves, the three known versions of NTWTG are available on "The Harder They Come" in that thread as well, check them out!

Other than the long version of "It's a Lie" (that is totally unrelated to the B&B sessions...) I'm not sure "Black and Blue - Definitive" offers anything special? I haven't seen it posted yet but it was discussed here : [www.iorr.org]

--------------

Date: December 10, 2014 18:15

Many thanks for the info gotdablouse; "The Harder they Come" is one I am looking forward to downloading!

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: December 10, 2014 19:06

gotdablouse
razorback9200
gotdablouse

Not sure what point you're trying to make? You chose not to share the long version of "It's a Lie" when you sold your "Black and Blue Ultimate" on eBay and no one criticized you for that right? On the other hand you have this guy "riccardo99" who comes out of the woodworks as soon as its available to make fun of other fans who're just happy to be able to enjoy that new outtake by boasting he had it since 2005, useless and mean, hence my reply.

Again, let's keep things positive here, in a matter of a week we've had more new outtakes made available to the fans than in the past ten years (yes, most of them are snippets but there are two full songs too), how great is that!

@IrelandCalling4 - the new long version is by far the best quality version that's surfaced so far. The previous best version would be on the DAC-104/Paris Results II - available here : [www.iorr.org]

I personnally know Razor wich is a close friend of mine. He is (and I am, too) very tired of uploading bootleg CD's he paid for and when he shares on trackers there's always somebody doctoring the bootleg and claiming "remastered, far better sound, etc, etc". That do not respect the original bootleg, and 99% of the remaster are downgrades. Look at all these people who think they are "sound engeener". Ah Ah !

Considering Riccardo99, I don't personnaly know him, but if a track is released on a bootleg CD, he have the right to say "i have this recording since 2005". That's not mean, that's information.
And keep in mind that some collectors might sometimes receive recordings with the sentence "no copy". It's so easy to mark a tape or a digital file, so if you make a copy that end on a bootleg, apart of the treason, you will never have anything in the future.

At last, you (and you're not alone) want everything for free without any effort, never buy a bootleg CD but just ask for a download. Ask for recordings that some collectors get after endless time of research. And you fill hard-drives with useless recordings you will never listen to.

I don't Lebon you. Good Night.

Date: December 10, 2014 20:29

Sad, sad, sad...

IrelandCalling4
Many thanks for the info gotdablouse; "The Harder they Come" is one I am looking forward to downloading!

Sure, that version came from Dime originally I believe with the previously unknown "I'll Let You Know" (piano) and "Not The Way To Go" (instrumental).

--------------

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: December 10, 2014 23:49

Weren't there two versions of NTWTG on One Night With Tallahassee Lassie?

Date: December 11, 2014 01:18

Mr.D
Weren't there two versions of NTWTG on One Night With Tallahassee Lassie?

Yes

13. Not The Way To Go #1 [09:41]
14. Not The Way To Go #2 [07:09]

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: December 12, 2014 04:12

gotdablouse

@JMARKO - Why would the "buzz" we got on Friday go away because of how these tracks/samples (possibly) got out? On the other hand I think you have everyone interested in the Sony Rollins tracks with a "beep" ;-)

I just meant the snippet included on these tidbits has a "beep" sound at the end of it.

Speaking of the Sonny Rollins sessions -- someone indicated a previous thread/conversation about this?

Curious if these sessions were ever released, and did they include a version of Neighbours?

J

Date: December 12, 2014 06:54

"- added a download link for "It's a Lie I" (5'23" ) from the recently released RYF-009 "Black and Blue Outtakes - Definitive Edition" to the first post"

Would anyone be so kind as to upload this file to WeTransfer since my computer seems to boycott any kind of connection to MEGA?

(Of course, a complete rip of the entire RYF-009 would be sweet too since there are scattered upgrades on it apparently. But I'll be happy with the one track too)

Thanks,

J

Date: December 12, 2014 15:55

Have you tried the mega download tool I linked from the first page?

Here is "It's a Lie I" (5'23" ) on wetransfer : [we.tl] (good until 19/12/2014)

Oh a beep on the bkeys snippets? Got it now.

--------------

Date: December 13, 2014 01:55

gotdablouse
Have you tried the mega download tool I linked from the first page?

Here is "It's a Lie I" (5'23" ) on wetransfer : [we.tl] (good until 19/12/2014)

Oh a beep on the bkeys snippets? Got it now.

Thanks for the upload.

I am on a MAC, so the .exe files don't work.

Have tried all of the recommended browsers for MEGA. Just spinning white dots in a black circle whenever I try anything.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home