Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 14
Re: LIST/POST - Rarest of the Studio Outtakes and History of Leaks
Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: December 7, 2014 17:11

gotdablouse
still trying to sort out III.1 and III.3

see below

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-07 18:41 by blakeeik.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 7, 2014 18:16

Thanks for looking into this too but having given a few more side by side listens, I'm pretty sure we have :

III.1. (20) = "Eliza Upchink", with the "Come On Now" lyrics, known as "Back on the Streets Again" on the Glimmer Twins Private Tape. It's hard to tell due to the difference in quality and arrangement but the "Come On Now" is the telltale sign and it's consistent with what FA writes.

III.3 (22) = "Stop That", previously known as "Chainsaw Rocker" on the "Chainsaw Massacre" OBR release or DAC-110 #4. You can hear Mick singing "Stop That" (faintly it's true) in the chorus.

That leaves out "Cookin' Up", the old "untitled" from the original UC leak where I always heard "Still in Love" repeatedly so why it's called "Cookin' Up" I have no idea! In DAC-109 #2 (a copy of the original UC leak) it's incorrectly called "In Your Hand".

The confusion really owes to the fact that these three "rockers" are really quite close in style/arrangement. That's maybe why they couldn't settle on one of them and decided to use something else, like the pretty similar "She Was Hot". Adding to the confusion you can hear Mick wailing "wowowowowow" at 1'58" in "Cookin' Up", like at 0'14" in "Eliza Upchink"!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: December 7, 2014 18:41

gotdablouse
III.1 (20) = "Eliza Upchink"
III.3 (22) = "Stop That"

After listening to the new samples again , I agree!

Posted by: bkeys ()
Date: December 7, 2014 18:44

right on both songs. well done, sir. Titles correct 'n all!

gotdablouse
Thanks for looking into this too but having given a few more side by side listens, I'm pretty sure we have :

III.1. (20) = "Eliza Upchink", with the "Come On Now" lyrics, known as "Back on the Streets Again" on the Glimmer Twins Private Tape. It's hard to tell due to the difference in quality and arrangement but the "Come On Now" is the telltale sign and it's consistent with what FA writes.

III.3 (22) = "Stop That", previously known as "Chainsaw Rocker" on the "Chainsaw Massacre" OBR release or DAC-110 #4. You can hear Mick singing "Stop That" (faintly it's true) in the chorus.

That leaves out "Cookin' Up", the old "untitled" from the original UC leak where I always heard "Still in Love" repeatedly so why it's called "Cookin' Up" I have no idea! In DAC-109 #2 (a copy of the original UC leak) it's incorrectly called "In Your Hand".

The confusion really owes to the fact that these three "rockers" are really quite close in style/arrangement. That's maybe why they couldn't settle on one of them and decided to use something else, like the pretty similar "She Was Hot". Adding to the confusion you can hear Mick wailing "wowowowowow" at 1'58" in "Cookin' Up", like at 0'14" in "Eliza Upchink"!

Date: December 7, 2014 18:45

Interesting note: a couple years ago, midnrambler posted the same 30 secs of III.1 asking if anyone recognized this outtake. It might have been in a different forum.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 7, 2014 19:02

gotdablouse
...Pretty randy artwork, eh ?...

Like undercover and many other bootlegs by the way.

There's one thing that still bug me after another listen to those snippets.
# 5 that you named "In Your Hand"
I'm still thinking that it sound like a very early version of Tie You Up

waiting for some other thoughts...

HMN

Posted by: teagueraw ()
Date: December 7, 2014 21:31

Honestman
Forget the previous artwork, this one fit better if you need or want one winking smiley

link

wetransfer
until dec.14

Is there any WT link for the songs ???

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: December 7, 2014 21:34

gotdablouse

I think gotdablouse absolutely nailed it here. Thanks for researching and disentangling the songtitles.

N

Date: December 7, 2014 21:51

teagueraw

Is there any WT link for the songs ???...

take a look page 2 of this thread winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 7, 2014 23:50

The absolute coolest thing about this is the fact that the 30 second track we all heard years back, and which many people dismissed as fake, is infact real! It can be easily heard as the first track on the moremore.mp3 file!

Date: December 8, 2014 01:37

For everyone having a hard time grabbing all the mp3s...

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: December 8, 2014 04:11

Ah well couldn't resist it

here is a go at splicing the two bits of track 20 together
Eliza Upchink

here is

[www.wetransfer.com]

another link to same file - the opening youtube part is mono then merged to the stereo end snippet.

[we.tl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-08 16:36 by rumple21.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: December 8, 2014 05:10

Great, great stuff! Quite a find. Full versions of these song snippets could make for one helluva Stones Pathe Marconi Outtakes Boxset.

Date: December 8, 2014 09:55

@rumple21 - nice work! I'd missed the original leak and based on what I'd read it seemed it was the exact same section but it was the beginning in fact.

I've updated the first post with the tentative tracklist based on the latest discussions in the thread.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-08 11:13 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: December 8, 2014 11:21

bkeys
[we.tl]

Thank you for this peek on the submerged part of the iceberg.

Date: December 8, 2014 13:24

gotdablouse
based on what I'd read it seemed it was the exact same section but it was the beginning in fact.

Actually, I was referring to the same 30 sec sample (in my earlier post). I too must have missed when this intro part was first circulating.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 8, 2014 14:01

These outtakes are from a batch of cassette tapes that where sold on Ebay some 5 years ago. They do go around in tape trading circles. It has some great outtakes like ELiza, but also 16 different mixes of Too Much Blood. One tape has the Sonny Rollins overdub sessions, which was discussed here on this board.

Mathijs

Date: December 8, 2014 14:14

Mathijs
These outtakes are from a batch of cassette tapes that where sold on Ebay some 5 years ago. They do go around in tape trading circles. It has some great outtakes like ELiza, but also 16 different mixes of Too Much Blood.

Thanks for the info. So there may be a chance the rest of us may get to listen to them someday?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 8, 2014 14:24

blakeeik
Mathijs
These outtakes are from a batch of cassette tapes that where sold on Ebay some 5 years ago. They do go around in tape trading circles. It has some great outtakes like ELiza, but also 16 different mixes of Too Much Blood.

Thanks for the info. So there may be a chance the rest of us may get to listen to them someday?

I have always been very surprised it hasn't turn up earlier. There's quite some people who have this material.

Mathijs

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-08 17:29 by Mathijs.

Date: December 8, 2014 15:38

Mathijs
blakeeik

I have always been very surprised it hasn't turn up earlier. There's quite some people who have this material.

Mathijs

Edit Ps: I truly hate it, when people like this bkeys guy loads up snippets of uncirculating stuff. You either keep shut about it, or you share it. This is not for the fans, this is only to boost your own ego.

That's easy for you to say...and I haven't seen too many complaints from fans in this thread? I for one found it very exciting to discover these unknown snippets so I'll say it again, thanks bkeys for sharing what you did!

@blakeeik - makes sense, we all miss things from time to time and hopefully this thread will help (outtakes) fans stay on top of things ;-)

--------------

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-08 23:16 by gotdablouse.

Date: December 8, 2014 18:10

Mathijs
blakeeik
Mathijs

Mathijs

If anyone can get a me a low-gen tape or clean digitization I will be glad to master it. Minimal EQ/compression, done.

Date: December 8, 2014 23:34

I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm afraid that won't happen until bootleggers get their grubby hands on them...these guys are much reviled but without them all that great unreleased material we've enjoyed through the years would still be limited to the "tape trading circles" mentioned by Mathijs...

Talking of bootleggers, I've :
- added a download link for "It's a Lie I" (5'23" ) from the recently released RYF-009 "Black and Blue Outtakes - Definitive Edition" to the first post
- added release dates for some of the landmark Outtakes releases on the bottom of the first post.

--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-09 00:08 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: December 9, 2014 00:50

Mathijs
These outtakes are from a batch of cassette tapes that where sold on Ebay some 5 years ago. They do go around in tape trading circles. It has some great outtakes like ELiza, but also 16 different mixes of Too Much Blood. One tape has the Sonny Rollins overdub sessions, which was discussed here on this board.

Mathijs

I noticed the 'beep' at the end of one of those Sonny Rollins tracks.

16 different mixes of Too Much Blood wouldn't be so bad. I'm sure a few of them are better than the released version for sure.

A batch of cassette tapes auctioned on EBay. Wow. I'm wondering if these snippets were the samples the person sent out so those bidding knew he/she actually had what they claimed.

In any event, it's a bit of a buzzkill to know all of that now.

Fun while it lasted.

J

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: December 9, 2014 08:07

The "recently released" Black and Blue outtakes from Rebel Yell came out in 2005!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-09 08:08 by riccardo99.

Date: December 9, 2014 09:50

riccardo99
The "recently released" Black and Blue outtakes from Rebel Yell came out in 2005!

Are you trying to say that you've been sitting on "It's a Lie I" (5'23" ) since 2005 and that you find it amusing that's it's only being shared for all to enjoy? Wow...

@JMARKO - Why would the "buzz" we got on Friday go away because of how these tracks/samples (possibly) got out? On the other hand I think you have everyone interested in the Sony Rollins tracks with a "beep" ;-)

--------------

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 9, 2014 12:19

This stuff is really cool, I would love to hear these ebay tapes in full.

Wasn't there also a rumor of control room footage of the undercover sessions being in the hands of collectors? The mind boggles.

Date: December 9, 2014 13:02

Mathijs

I have always been very surprised it hasn't turn up earlier. There's quite some people who have this material...

Mathijs

And there's quite even more people who haven't listened to this material.Your comment here show how selfish can be human being sometime.I agreed with Gotdablouse these outtakes are quite a find and sounds great but I guess that it will surface only when The Trading Circle will got enuff $$$ from those tapes.

HMN

Date: December 9, 2014 13:36

I don't have any dogs in this fight but I don't think the "Trading Circle" is after $$$ to share what they own. Anyway I suggest we don't turn this thread into an argument about that as it would spoil it and it won't change anything to the way things are.

Back to the "Treasures of 2014", I don't really hear "The Pain of Love" in I.5. so I suggest we stick to the way it stands for a "final" version and I will link it from the first message ?

vudicus
This stuff is really cool, I would love to hear these ebay tapes in full.

Wasn't there also a rumor of control room footage of the undercover sessions being in the hands of collectors? The mind boggles.

Haven't heard that about UC but Mathijs did tell us sometime last year (when some of it might have appeared on that 6 DVD release whose name escapes me right now, "On File" ?) that he owned control room footage from the "Dirty Work" sessions. I'd heard from a friend who was in Boulogne in 1985 that a friend of his had made some videos inside the studio (how/why that was allowed I have no idea) that he'd dropped off at the house Ronnie was staying in at the time and that he'd thanked him profusely...

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-09 13:41 by gotdablouse.

Date: December 9, 2014 13:57

gotdablouse
I don't have any dogs in this fight...

Me neither, take it as an answer to one comment not a fight.

HMN

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: December 9, 2014 14:04

Honestman
Mathijs

I have always been very surprised it hasn't turn up earlier. There's quite some people who have this material...

Mathijs

And there's quite even more people who haven't listened to this material.Your comment here show how selfish can be human being sometime.I agreed with Gotdablouse these outtakes are quite a find and sounds great but I guess that it will surface only when The Trading Circle will got enuff $$$ from those tapes.

It has always been that way. We have to wait patiently until somebody needs cash. As economics are bad nowadays I hope for many more releases to come.

The biggest problem is that there isn't a market anymore for bootlegs as everybody wants everything for free. So my conclusion is that it's our own fault that we don't have more material in our hands...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2123
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home