Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dan Says Buy Eagle Rock Stones!
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: October 24, 2014 16:26

emails from my friend Dan encouraging us to buy the new DVD/BluRays

[www.amazon.com]

Looks like the Stone s Vault will be legitimately released on pressed CDs and Blue Rays. Finally an official Hampton!
No info an Amazon. Wonder what will be cut out? There were different camera edits of songs from the 1975 Forum show posted on Stones' You Tube site from the Old Showco shot piece that is bootlegged. I better check IORR.
Dan

---------------

AC 89 wasn't on the list. I was surprised. We know it's ready since VH1 re-broadcasted it years ago with Bob Clearmountain credited with the mix. Also the 3-D AC 89 was the Clearmountain mix. The remix was great compared to the PPV.

----------------

I would LOVE a "DVD" of Leeds 1982 That would be great. Tempe 1981 was filmed for the "...Spend the Night Together" movie. Hey, we would gladly take it for the missing songs that were substituted for Jersey songs. Funny that they would want to release that much 1981-82 material. We have already heard the Clearmountain remix of Hampton via the Vault audio CDs/Downloads. He's great. My issue is the guitar mix that he played with on the Hampton audio, evident in the open of Under My Thumb, and throughout Neighbors and Black Limosuine. I like the original mix for those. However, we are lucky to have both thanks to our fanaticism and your extensive work on the Hard Drive project.I will look at what Hampton 12/18/81 boots are on there. People swear by Hippy Happy Keith, and there was one my friend has that I do not remember the title of. I bought Mission Direct Hits having to chose one boot that day. I hunt down his copy and find the name.
I hope everyone will be encouraged to PURCHASE these titles (at the every least the CD or Video) to keep Eagle Rock and the Stones interested. We may get an ultimate (?) Atlantic City 1989 out of it. AND MORE! It is our duty to support these projects and resist temptation to download. UNLESS there are differing content in each country, like Japanese 'bonus tracks' or Buy the Blue Ray and download the DVD, or a 5.1, etc audio rip.

-------------

My whole point is that is SALES guage interest. If Eagle Rock does not make money, If Jagger doesn't see product move, that is the end of the Archive releases for awhile. WE DON"T WANT THAT!!!! At least buy 1 piece of each.

Think about it. Remember, when the Sandard was paying for what we listen too? The boot stuff, who cares? People freely putting material up for download, great. Some of those old boots were bought at ridiculous prices. You can't buy every single 'remaster' by each guy. The Official stuff we need to buy it once as an incentive to get more material down the line.
You may admit that Paying gave Wolfagng the incentive to OPEN their vaults further. Look at all that great Stones stuff they posted!

I agree Tempe 1981 would be great. They were cookin' for the cameras. VGP Satisfaction Guaranteed uses some Hartford CT, so we never really heard or seen the FULL show.

AC 89 is a mystery then not being issued. Sitll remains a worthy project. Funny Pre-show, bonus 3D tracks from Japan and all.

I listened to most of Hampton 81 remaster on the drive up to LA last night. There is remixing I appreciated, and there was tweeking that I did not like. Keith's backing vox are mixed down. By balancing all the instruments evenly we gain some guitar and lose some guitar. Bill Wyman's Bass is mistakenly mixed down on a few tracks. Keyboards are higher in the mix in places like 20 Flight Rock. "Loudness wars" aside, if we NEVER heard this show before multiple times we would be would be raving about the new Clearmountain remaster. I did not hear the McLagen back vox higher than necessary.

Yes, I enjoyed the LA 1975 vids. That is why I commented about the different camera angles on those rather than the old Showco video.

I noticed the Leeds/Roundhay 1982 stuff including the news report as well. Great stuff to have before its gone forever! Looking forward to the DVD.

The Mission Direct Hits I bought instead of that old Hampton was the original double CD version of KBFH material.

-------------

comment welcome

Re: Dan Says Buy Eagle Rock Stones!
Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: October 24, 2014 18:18

They surely would sell more if they put out stuff we did not have before.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 24, 2014 19:34

You mentioned a list,, what list? is that just Hampton & LA?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 24, 2014 20:31

Agreed! Buy it and support these kind of releases!

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: October 24, 2014 22:41

barbabang
Agreed! Buy it and support these kind of releases!

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: October 25, 2014 03:50

I'll buy any official release, i don't mind if i already have a boot. If i pay for an expensive and poor quality boot, why i can't pay for the good and official one?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home