Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How to do a "merge"--to make a incomplete song as an complete
Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 14, 2014 12:45

few things i would like to fix from 1981 tour,or is anyone willing to help?

from st.paul 21.11.1981 to merge songs miss you&honky tonk women(from st.louis the missing part)

from st.louis under my thumb(merge from st.paul 21.11.1981,take the a train+under my thumb)

help is needed smiling smiley

Re: How to do a "merge"--to make a incomplete song as an complete
Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: September 14, 2014 18:19

I would use "Audacity", a free audio program that is easily found in the internet.
I did something similar with it...I took the version of "Street Fighting Man" from the movie GIMME SHELTER and inserted a section from Ya-Ya's acetate bootleg in the spot where there is the disc jockey's voice-over.
Audcatiy allows you to 'import' audio files onto a timeline. You can import dozens on the same timeline, then postion them so they are more or less 'synched', then remove the portions you want removed, and fade in/fade out your inserts, all very much like cut and paste jobs in Microsoft Word or other computer programs. You can also change pitch so if you have 2 recordings of the same show, each at a slightly different speed, you can change either slightly so they sound the same. You have to use your ears for this-the program can't read your mind.
I am not a genius, so if I can do it, anybody can do it.
Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-15 02:19 by thkbeercan.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 14, 2014 19:26

i have audacity allready,been usin that for specially speed corrections

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 16, 2014 10:39

send it to me here and i will try it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2051
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home