Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST - Hamburg 1965
Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: May 1, 2014 12:49

the 1st CD was recently uploaded, so it is not included.

CD 2 + CD3 + artwork

Hope it works

[we.tl]

[we.tl]

[we.tl]

Re: POST - Hamburg 1965
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: May 1, 2014 13:09

LiveAtHidepark
Hope it works

So do I!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Thanks, just downloading!

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: May 1, 2014 13:46

thanks very much , cool cool smiley

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: May 1, 2014 14:55

Is it too much to ask what is included on CD's 2 and 3? Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 1, 2014 15:34

Well, well, they've used two of my recordings on this.

The first two tracks on CD3 'What A Shame' & 'Time is on my Side' were recorded with a microphone placed in front of our TV going into a Phillips mono valve Reel-to-Reel tape recorder. It was tea time on a friday night so you can hear doors slamming & I think you can hear a bit of mum talking.

I first posted these in my early days delving into Stones forums. Shidoobee got them first in answer to a query about Ready Steady Go, but then I discovered IORR & posted them here. There were 9 tracks in all (one being the 'Everybody-Pain in my Heart' Combo) & I believe 7 of these were previously unavailable. DAC lifted them from here, slightly speed-corrected them, fixed a glitch or two & released them.

Has it really been 49 years since then, looking at my chocolate-fuelled paunch I have to say yes.

Many thanks for this, a nostalgic trip into my past & my tiny contribution to the great saga that is The Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-01 15:41 by vox12string.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: May 1, 2014 15:46

For Captain Teague and others:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-01 19:18 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 1, 2014 16:01

Thanks a lot LiveAtHidepark for sharing this boxset including the artworks here, it's much appreciated! thumbs up

Also thanks to vox12string (and his family) for recording and sharing some of the used songs for this box. You should ask for a free copy, you deserve it! drinking smiley

Cheers!
smileys with beer

Date: May 1, 2014 19:04

vox12string

The first two tracks on CD3 'What A Shame' & 'Time is on my Side' were recorded with a microphone placed in front of our TV going into a Phillips mono valve Reel-to-Reel tape recorder. It was tea time on a friday night so you can hear doors slamming & I think you can hear a bit of mum talking.

I first posted these in my early days delving into Stones forums. Shidoobee got them first in answer to a query about Ready Steady Go, but then I discovered IORR & posted them here. There were 9 tracks in all (one being the 'Everybody-Pain in my Heart' Combo) & I believe 7 of these were previously unavailable. DAC lifted them from here, slightly speed-corrected them, fixed a glitch or two & released them.

Has it really been 49 years since then, looking at my chocolate-fuelled paunch I have to say yes.

Many thanks for this, a nostalgic trip into my past & my tiny contribution to the great saga that is The Stones.

Many thanks. Musical history of the Rolling Stones is made of these obscure private recordings.
An old LP from the 80's called "Crackin' Up" was a sensation, including absolutely unknown BBC recordings.
Once again, thanks, Vox.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-01 19:06 by LiveAtHidepark.

Date: May 1, 2014 19:10

Captain Teague
Is it too much to ask what is included on CD's 2 and 3?

Do you also want a cup of tea and a cake ?

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 1, 2014 21:47

Thanks all involved >grinning smiley<

Posted by: connection91 ()
Date: May 2, 2014 00:03

Thanks to you my old pal. smileys with beer

Posted by: gtx8834 ()
Date: May 2, 2014 03:15

do have cd 1 Hamburg 1965

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: May 2, 2014 03:18

Many Many Thanks!!!!!smileys with beer

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 2, 2014 03:27

Quique-stone
Thanks a lot LiveAtHidepark for sharing this boxset including the artworks here, it's much appreciated! thumbs up

Also thanks to vox12string (and his family) for recording and sharing some of the used songs for this box. You should ask for a free copy, you deserve it! drinking smiley

Cheers!
smileys with beer

x1, to all of the above! smileys with beer

Date: May 2, 2014 04:29

Hi

I have realized that CD3 trk3,4,5,6 which are listed as "25.5.1965" are actually "20.5.1965" as the following.

[dbboots.com]

BUT, I have no ideas about "CD2 trk 13 & 14" listed as "3-5.3.1965".....confused smiley

Have these tracks been released already? and, are available on other boots?

Or these two tracks also "something new" like CD1 ?

Best Regards

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 2, 2014 07:25

keithpinkmoon

BUT, I have no ideas about "CD2 trk 13 & 14" listed as "3-5.3.1965".....confused smiley

Best Regards

They're from disc 4 of "Charlie is my Darling", from the British tour of March 1965. This take of Route 66 is different to the one on the "Got Live if You Want It" ep

Posted by: FRANCKY ()
Date: May 2, 2014 12:58

Thank you so much for this post !! smileys with beer

Date: May 2, 2014 13:27

vox12string
keithpinkmoon

Best Regards

They're from disc 4 of "Charlie is my Darling", from the British tour of March 1965. This take of Route 66 is different to the one on the "Got Live if You Want It" ep

Thank You!!!thumbs up

Posted by: dcarey ()
Date: May 3, 2014 16:46

Bravo ! Some awesome stuff here

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 5, 2014 01:04

vox12string

This really took me back, so I dug out my (fairly) trusty diary to see what it had to add, if anything.

DON'T JUDGE ME, OK, I WAS YOUNG!

About this particular show, it informs me (for those who want to add some mental visuals) that "Mick was wearing that jacket with flaps on it all the way down the front and matching trousers" and "Charlie has a three-tier haircut." They did Down the Road Apiece on this show, too.

The 26.2.1965 RSG show was on my birthday, and I reported that Mick said in the interviews between songs that Keith cuts Mick's hair as well as his own, and "it depends how often we have a bath, if it is a hot climate every day." Brian played piano on Play with Fire. Mick said that The Last Time "comes out tomorrow so go out and get it, folks!"

The show listed as Wembley Pool was the NME Poll Winners concert at the Empire Pool, Wembley, broadcast on TV in the UK on April 25th. I believe it's out there on Youtube, so won't record all the details of what they were wearing. I did note that Brian "actually MOVED once or twice." Mick won Best British Newcomer for 1964/5, and the band won 2nd best British vocal group (guess who were number one), 2nd best World group (ditto), Best British R'n'B band and Best British New Group.

RSG 22.10.1965: Mick was wearing "a white, faintly striped shirt, and darkish, probably green corduroy trousers." (I was watching this in black and white, of course.) Brian wore a dark rollneck sweater, striped jacket and check trousers. confused smiley "In Cry to Me, Mick started off by sitting on the side-balcony thing and had to walk through the crowd to the rostrum where the other four were, only he got surrounded and nearly lost his mike." Brian apparently laughed at the beginning of GOOMC, Mick went berserk*, and "Keith'n'Bill sang a bit out of tune and time."

Can't find anything about the 2.9.1965 show--at this time, RSG was taped on a Friday but not broadcast until Sunday afternoon, in my part of the country anyway, but I don't see anything for that weekend, unless it was the show broadcast on Sept. 12th when they did Oh Baby We Got a Good Thing Going, That's How Strong My Love Is, and Satisfaction. This was the famous show when they hosted the whole thing, including doing the Sonny and Cher skit. Brian played piano on That's How Strong. Lots more details from this show, including their most/least favorite songs of the year. grinning smiley

No idea what the 1.3.1965 show was, unless it was a radio show that I might have missed.

Edit: *These two points were not connected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-05 01:43 by Aquamarine.

Date: May 13, 2014 22:32

Is this the same as the upload?
video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 13, 2014 22:40

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Is this the same as the upload?
video: [www.youtube.com]

Yes.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 19, 2014 01:00

Aquamarine
vox12string

This really took me back, so I dug out my (fairly) trusty diary to see what it had to add, if anything.

DON'T JUDGE ME, OK, I WAS YOUNG!

About this particular show, it informs me (for those who want to add some mental visuals) that "Mick was wearing that jacket with flaps on it all the way down the front and matching trousers" and "Charlie has a three-tier haircut." They did Down the Road Apiece on this show, too.

The 26.2.1965 RSG show was on my birthday, and I reported that Mick said in the interviews between songs that Keith cuts Mick's hair as well as his own, and "it depends how often we have a bath, if it is a hot climate every day." Brian played piano on Play with Fire. Mick said that The Last Time "comes out tomorrow so go out and get it, folks!"

The show listed as Wembley Pool was the NME Poll Winners concert at the Empire Pool, Wembley, broadcast on TV in the UK on April 25th. I believe it's out there on Youtube, so won't record all the details of what they were wearing. I did note that Brian "actually MOVED once or twice." Mick won Best British Newcomer for 1964/5, and the band won 2nd best British vocal group (guess who were number one), 2nd best World group (ditto), Best British R'n'B band and Best British New Group.

RSG 22.10.1965: Mick was wearing "a white, faintly striped shirt, and darkish, probably green corduroy trousers." (I was watching this in black and white, of course.) Brian wore a dark rollneck sweater, striped jacket and check trousers. confused smiley "In Cry to Me, Mick started off by sitting on the side-balcony thing and had to walk through the crowd to the rostrum where the other four were, only he got surrounded and nearly lost his mike." Brian apparently laughed at the beginning of GOOMC, Mick went berserk*, and "Keith'n'Bill sang a bit out of tune and time."

Can't find anything about the 2.9.1965 show--at this time, RSG was taped on a Friday but not broadcast until Sunday afternoon, in my part of the country anyway, but I don't see anything for that weekend, unless it was the show broadcast on Sept. 12th when they did Oh Baby We Got a Good Thing Going, That's How Strong My Love Is, and Satisfaction. This was the famous show when they hosted the whole thing, including doing the Sonny and Cher skit. Brian played piano on That's How Strong. Lots more details from this show, including their most/least favorite songs of the year. grinning smiley

No idea what the 1.3.1965 show was, unless it was a radio show that I might have missed.

Edit: *These two points were not connected.

Thank you!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: June 27, 2014 12:28

thanks !thumbs up

Posted by: intercepter ()
Date: June 28, 2014 07:23

It is over. Please help someone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home