Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

REQUEST: VH1 special "Concerts Gone Bad" on Altamont (April 2000)
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 22, 2014 10:15

hello...

So, I feel like I've been partying in this iorr house for a bunch of years and know the whole downstairs
and outdoor space, the kitchen, where everything is in the fridge, etc. in "Tell Me" -- but there's a whole nother
scene upstairs where I see people sometimes slinking up there or talking about it downstairs but I've never had
occasion to go up there myself--which is this Buy/Sell/Trade zone. So, please forgive my newbishness.

slakka mentioned an interview broadcast on VH1 of SF Hells Angels President, Bob Roberts, talking about
Altamont. It was broadcast from April l5, 2000. I would like to see this interview, and may need to license
it from VH1 for my film documentary, Altamont 360°, which I'm still in waaaay early pre-production for,
and will be underway the next couple of years.

Info on VH1's "Concerts Gone Bad."

Not 100% how things work up in this particular party space, but does anyone have additional info on this video/show?

Any ideas about how I might be able to obtain it? doesn't have even be high quality at this point.

thanks very much!
-swiss

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-12 03:42 by swiss.

Re: 1st post (be gentle) VH1: SF Hells Angels Pres Bob Roberts on Altamont
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: April 23, 2014 12:16

I believe there are some interviews on the bonus dvd with "Gimme Shelter" maybe that's a start, don't have it myself unfortunately so can't help any more

Date: April 23, 2014 19:50

thanks, vox12string.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 23, 2014 20:03

Hi Swiss....welcome to the darkside............grinning smiley ....actually , noting some of the flack I've noticed you getting over there you'll hopefully find this place really light.

I can't help you with your request but just for you know - it might help your search - usually if someone wants something posted over here they put the word "request" in their thread header......

Ie. Request: VH1 - interview broadcast of San Francisco Hell's Angels President, Bob Roberts, talking about Altamont.

and a date if you know it..............ok, hope that helps...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-23 20:04 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 24, 2014 01:45

Hi Swiss

Not sure if this is what you want, but checking the extra stuff from the DVD, there's an audio report from KSAN which was broadcasted one day after Altamont.
It last for 1 hour and a half or so.
I've edited the whole thing to save only the Hells Angels interviews.
The first one last nearly 13 mn, last one is Sonny Barger.
Total duration = 29'42

As it's not the complete document, I think I can upload it here, hope it helps and good luck with your project !

Wetransfer
Available until April 30 only so get it while you can!

HMN

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 24, 2014 14:56

Welcome here swiss, the nicest side of the site. Always people here to help you out if they can. I myself owe them an awful lot!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 24, 2014 15:19

kleermaker
Welcome here swiss, the nicest side of the site. Always people here to help you out if they can. I myself owe them an awful lot!
Totally agree!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 29, 2014 19:01

Link available until tomorrow, reminder.winking smiley

HMN

Date: May 3, 2014 05:04

hi you guys!

I tried to set up an email notification in case anyone responded and received zero notifications--and missed
your kind, helpful notes.

In order of priority

Honestman
Hi Swiss

Not sure if this is what you want, but checking the extra stuff from the DVD, there's an audio report from KSAN which was broadcasted one day after Altamont.
It last for 1 hour and a half or so.
I've edited the whole thing to save only the Hells Angels interviews.
The first one last nearly 13 mn, last one is Sonny Barger.
Total duration = 29'42

As it's not the complete document, I think I can upload it here, hope it helps and good luck with your project !

Wetransfer
Available until April 30 only so get it while you can!

HMN
StonesCave
<snip>
Link available until tomorrow, reminder.winking smiley

Honestman -- hello! thank you so SO much! I am extremely bummed that for whatever reason the email
notification for this thread did not work. I am grateful for your kind efforts, and so sorry to
have missed the opportunity to access this Hells Angels interview compilation you put together. sad smiley

EddieByword
Hi Swiss....welcome to the darkside............grinning smiley ....

Thanks, EddieByword - nice to be here smiling smiley

EddieByword
actually , noting some of the flack I've noticed you getting over there you'll hopefully find this place really light.

grinning smiley thanks - fortunately, the only flack I seem get is -consistently and inexplicably- from stonesrule,
who has some sort a bee in her bonnet about me. Ultimately, her trip, not mine. Most people are super
supportive of the Altamont documentaries and cool to engage with.

EddieByword
I can't help you with your request but just for you know - it might help your search - usually if someone wants something posted over here they put the word "request" in their thread header......

Ie. Request: VH1 - interview broadcast of San Francisco Hell's Angels President, Bob Roberts, talking about Altamont.

and a date if you know it..............ok, hope that helps...

EddieByword, thanks! smiling smiley I made the necessary changes.

- swiss

kleermaker

hi kleermaker - that's good to know - nice to see you here - thanks for stopping by my post.

- swiss

redux--REQUEST: VH1 special "Concerts Gone Bad" on Altamont (April 2000)
Date: August 12, 2016 03:40

hi all!

I first posted here a couple of years ago (see above).

Still seeking an excerpt from the VH1 series RockStory--episode entitled "Concerts Gone Bad"--from April 2000.

It is apparently not currently held in any public library in the U.S. It is in one archive, but requires going on-site to view it. Also, Viacom (thanks to update from slakka) indicates one can pay $100 to view it at their headquarters in NYC, which I am not about ito do.

Any suggestions? thoughts? ideas about where one might find this online? Maybe someone copied it at the time? I don't need great quality---just need to view it.

thanks again smiling bouncing smiley
-swiss

Re: redux--REQUEST: VH1 special "Concerts Gone Bad" on Altamont (April 2000)
Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: August 24, 2016 04:46

VH1 interviewed me for Concerts Gone Bad... I have to look for it...

Re: REQUEST: VH1 special "Concerts Gone Bad" on Altamont (April 2000)
Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: August 24, 2016 05:21

Ar you sure this isn't a special about the 1994 tour?

Date: January 10, 2017 05:36

swiss
hi all!

I first posted here a couple of years ago (see above).

Still seeking an excerpt from the VH1 series RockStory--episode entitled "Concerts Gone Bad"--from April 2000.

It is apparently not currently held in any public library in the U.S. It is in one archive, but requires going on-site to view it. Also, Viacom (thanks to update from slakka) indicates one can pay $100 to view it at their headquarters in NYC, which I am not about ito do.

Any suggestions? thoughts? ideas about where one might find this online? Maybe someone copied it at the time? I don't need great quality---just need to view it.

thanks again smiling bouncing smiley
-swiss

bmuseed
Date: August 24, 2016 04:46

VH1 interviewed me for Concerts Gone Bad... I have to look for it...

hi all -- trying again -- any thoughts, advice, anyone have this hidden away somewhere? any idea of where I can possibly find this?

Thanks again and happy new year!
- swiss

Date: January 10, 2017 21:14

I have it on VHS--VH1: RockStory "Concerts Gone Bad".. final cut. Don't know the condition of the tape..smiling smiley

Date: January 11, 2017 00:13

Thanks, bmuseed. Will email.
-swiss

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home