Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Early music videos
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: December 21, 2013 12:06

Hi everybody, have a look at the Stones videography at [en.wikipedia.org] In 1967, Ruby Tuesday, Dandelion, and She's A Rainbow are listed. Also, in 1999, there's Memory Motel, but I suspect this is just a live version. Can anybody tell me where to find any of them?

Re: Early music videos
Date: December 22, 2013 12:51

A bit more research I've been doing indicates these videos might be really hard to find. Does anybody know anything about their rarity?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 22, 2013 17:39

Much too rare, I think.

[www.iorr.org]

Date: December 22, 2013 21:33

I saw that link when I was searching. I agree. Looks like there's rare material in that small list.

Date: December 24, 2013 11:24

I think it's fairly likely that the Memory Motel clip is the live one from 1999 with Dave Matthews on stage. Reasonably easily found. I found a mention that the She's A Rainbow clip had been lost at some stage, so that would be why it's not to be found these days. There is a Dandelion clip featuring Mick strolling with Marianne, so that will do me OK - the footage all looks like from that time.

So that just leaves Ruby Tuesday. I've seen more than one mention that the Ed Sullivan Show performance might be the official promo, but I can't be sure about that. Anybody have any thoughts about this?

Date: December 24, 2013 13:01

I have a possible lead on the Ruby Tuesday promo video. Could it be part of

at 5:05 in?

Date: December 25, 2013 08:39

OK, so I realize it's headed Palladium and Courtfield Road, but the Ruby Tuesday part fits the reported scenario of the promo clip where it's stated it was shot at Olympic Studios. At least the vision fits that description. I might cheat on myself and put it down as near enough. So, I think obviously, if nobody can offer any comment about this one, it must be REALLY rare.

Which just leads me, seeing as I've got my head in 1967 at the moment, to wish everybody a very cosmic Christmas. winking smiley smileys with beer

Date: December 25, 2013 22:42

The major problem with the Ruby Tuesday promo appears to be that it has been pulled from a number of sites for copyright reasons. RODAXE has it listed at [www.iorr.org], so hopefully he can come up with it. Can't send him a PM, unfortunately. sad smiley

Date: December 26, 2013 09:29

I might have worked out the answer to my own question. At [www.nzentgraf.de], in late November or early December, it's stated that the promo films for Let's Spend The Night Together and Ruby Tuesday were shot at Olympic Sound Studios. What I think is the LSTNT color promo is at:

The studio scenery in the Ruby Tuesday part of:

is the same, so I reckon this is the actual Ruby Tuesday promo after all. I'd be interested to hear if anybody agrees.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home